Poll: High Elves: Do you want them?

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    u have just 0 knowledge of sayings. ur lying ur ass off i never once used the word "dumb". also ur only counter points on this thread have been linking wowwiki/high elf

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm sorry, this logic is non-sense. Explain why Horde would need an Alliance race to "balance" things? High Elves aren't Horde, so Alliance wouldn't be taking away anything from the Horde to require "balance."
    Because they'd be getting an old rehashed model while watching the Horde get a brand new up to date original.

If you think that won't cause a backlash, you're dreaming. For the Alliance to get an old rehashed model, the Horde can't get a new model; it too must get an old rehashed model.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Because they'd be getting an old rehashed model while watching the Horde get a brand new up to date original.

If you think that won't cause a backlash, you're dreaming. For the Alliance to get an old rehashed model, the Horde can't get a new model; it too must get an old rehashed model.

EJL
    It wouldn't need to be a 100% copied model.

Deleted
    It wouldn't need to be a 100% copied model.
    Yes, it would. Anything else isn't really a High Elf anymore. Blizz should just ignore the Alliance whiners that QQ about Ogres or whatever Horde is getting.
    They didn't give in to the pathetic Fire Mage whiners either last month, so this should be easy for them too.

Would be really cool if you could choose High Elf as an alternative to Blood or Night Elves. Would be even better if each race had these options (Iron Dwarves, Fel Orcs,etc )

I don't care anymore, I stopped giving a crap about lore and continuity when they added Night Elf mages and Holy Cows.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Yes, it would. Anything else isn't really a High Elf anymore. Blizz should just ignore the Alliance whiners that QQ about Ogres or whatever Horde is getting.
    They didn't give in to the pathetic Fire Mage whiners either last month, so this should be easy for them too.
    You're right, they should. But it wouldn't need to use the same voice, the same attack animations, and the models could easily, according to lore and whatnot look slightly different.

Why not add the Houzen as a playable race? Who wouldn't want to play what essentially amounts to the Jar-Jar Binks race of Warcraft.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    You're right, they should. But it wouldn't need to use the same voice, the same attack animations, and the models could easily, according to lore and whatnot look slightly different.
    Why should they be any different? It's unnecessary and only pisses off the High Elf supporters.
    Keep the same voices from the same actors, but have them create different phrases of course. Same animations, same dances, same models. Pandaren are the same on both factions, so there's no reason Elves couldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Whilst I agree that the thread is pointless, since this boils down to a matter of taste, there's no hard lore reasons that make it impossible; even hard. It is entirely plausible. I say that there're no arguable points of contention.

Population and identical model to another race don't matter. Starting with the latter; pandaren already can be played by both factions, it is unnecessary to make a new model from scratch when it would be pointless since the physiological differences are negligible. They exists, but these biological differences are so small that in no way would it warrant a different model to the blood elves, since they are basically (still) the same race. High elves would look almost identical to blood elves save for eye color.

The population issue: It really doesn't matters, and we have two difrerent reasons. Firstly, there's already a race with a incredibly low population: the playable Bilgewater Goblins. They are but the survivors of a shipwreck, from what? two ships? That would be an incrediblly low population, and yet they are playable. This is precedent for any other possible playable race that has low numbers. Secondly, player characters are but a sample of a race's population; the important thing is to show with the npc's the numbers of a race. If a playable high elven faction were to be based from the Silver Covenant, you wouldn't just some dude that picked a sword; you'd be a soldier. It would mean that the ratio between civilian/soldier is higher for high elves; they would be more militant since their numbers are small. You wound't see many high elves in the world just lounging around or even settling. Most would be militant members, most would be the player.

Architecture is another of those points that are not really important: making blood elf buildings blue would be enough, as the difference is striking enough, or their "new" architecture could be a halfway between traditional thalassian buildings and dalarani architecture, since that's the home city of the silver Covenant.

So, I believe that if we played as a High elf from the silver covenant, and that the racial separation is treated similary to tushi/huojin, there aren't lore reasons that would be deterrent enough to make it an impossibility.

Obviosuly, beyond how plausible I find my points, they are of no consecuence for for the sake of speculation. At the end is up to blizzard and no one else; if they want to make it happed, they will find a way to make it happen no matter what. All I'm saying is that hypothetically, there are no strong valid arguments against; be it gameplay or lorewise.
    I agree. Until there is a blue response on the issue then anything is game.
    Yet in the end, I do not think that players popularity will sway blizzard into
    making high-elves playable. They will do what they will do and we will keep
    on paying $15 a month for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    Compare that new female troll skin they added with a playable female troll. That's the level of difference you would see in the new High Elf models, which they would have to make.
    They would have to update the Blood Elves to match then.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't necessarily need to match them entirely. Remember, both factions have an inherent magical addiction, and deal with it in contrasting ways. Thus, they might develop slightly different physical traits that have thus far gone visually un-represented in game. It could be as simple as looking physically healthier and less lanky as a result of not being exposed to fel energy or essentially 'shooting up' with other sources of magic.
    Since the Sunwell has been restored, No elves have the Magic DTs. They would be physically identical except for eyes. The only elves that are physically different are the remaining bit of Fel elves and wretched. The sunwell benefits every elf in azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then it doesn't undo pre-existing conditions, so they could still result in different body types. Also, are the demonic crystals in Silvermoon still there lore wise? Unless they're removed, I don't think the Sunwell's energy would have as much of an effect because it would conflict with the fel energy, would it not? Ugh, this is annoying.
    it's been at most 15 years since the Sunwell was destroyed. You shouldn't be seeing drastic physiological differences.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not the lack of it, it's what they replaced it with in that time.
    even so. it's still 15 years on a race that is know to live for millennia.

Then again, the Shen'dralar siphoned magic directly off of demons for ~10k years with no apparent effects. Fel corruption is something Blizzard has never actually thought through.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't necessarily need to match them entirely. Remember, both factions have an inherent magical addiction, and deal with it in contrasting ways. Thus, they might develop slightly different physical traits that have thus far gone visually un-represented in game. It could be as simple as looking physically healthier and less lanky as a result of not being exposed to fel energy or essentially 'shooting up' with other sources of magic.
    As I told you before, the physical differences are too neglible to warrant a different model than blood elves. they both get updated, or none does.

Since they are so alike it is pointless to suggest adding them as another race entirely, the only plausible way to add them is if they are treated as the same race as blood elves with different faction, a la pandaren. IMO, this or subraces are the most "plausible" ways. Adding them as another race is the less likely since the differences are much more political that physiological.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That's exactly what people want.
    Not me, I'm not a fan of blood elf race models.

HOWEVER, if Blizz decided to implement high elves, I would hope the model would be similar to Nozdormu's new model implemented in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, good call Celista. I totally forgot about Nozdormu ie The Doctor of WoW 's new model that came in 4.2.
    Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    In honesty, i doubt we will see playable high elves. With the "success" of the panda, i think they are going to stick to more "neutral" races, that would pick their sides individually, rather than a whole, and might get shaft if they idiot ends up being an idiot (ie blood elves and gnomes... yes, gnomes. they still havent even been able to get back their city from.... troggs... and leaper gnomes... since vanilla)

Thanks to the success of the Neutrality race, we might see more abundance of wandering isle (even though I hated how much i had to roll everywhere, the island was great, rather than gilneas or bloodmyst, or eversong). Plus, it might get me to see naga finally slither into the game as a playable non-bipedal race.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    In honesty, i doubt we will see playable high elves. With the "success" of the panda, i think they are going to stick to more "neutral" races, that would pick their sides individually, rather than a whole, and might get shaft if they idiot ends up being an idiot (ie blood elves and gnomes... yes, gnomes. they still havent even been able to get back their city from.... troggs... and leaper gnomes... since vanilla)

Thanks to the success of the Neutrality race, we might see more abundance of wandering isle (even though I hated how much i had to roll everywhere, the island was great, rather than gilneas or bloodmyst, or eversong). Plus, it might get me to see naga finally slither into the game as a playable non-bipedal race.
    I think they (Blizzard) have a general outline for what they want to do. I think the neutral pandas were part of the plan, and I hope they go back to the separate races design.

I think they (Blizzard) have a general outline for what they want to do. I think the neutral pandas were part of the plan, and I hope they go back to the separate races design.
    They might, or not, since they save themselves quite a bit of time ,if they only have to design a single starting area and the race chooses at the end. It could become their new standard procedure.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-01-12 at 01:29 PM.