Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    You don't seem to understand one fundamental thing: No 'good' developer would be THIS retarded to actually put in such a horrible idea.
    Perhaps maining a mage should be a requirement for being on the Mage Dev team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

i did think at first, omfg 2*15 stun breakers....give them perma bubble mages are immune to CC god class.

then i saw replaces blink....HAHAHAHA no mage is going to take anything that stops them using blink.

this is stupid, both = too OP would make mages nearly uncontrollable, but just blazing speed = lol fail too shit.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    And that is exactly what I and many others in this thread are doing, we are reacting. We need to be free to do so.

However, I fear the point is mute. The one thing that Blizz has shown (which actually separates mages from rogs and huntards) is that unlike the other two suffering pures, Blizz has made it their policy to only listen to a single player in the mage community. A player who they made the MvP for the mage community.

A player who feels the biggest issue with the mage class is that the frost water elemental cannot be renamed and be equipped with a top hat.
    A player who is routinely ridiculed on both the mage forums and the greater wow community forums everywhere.
    A player who has not done a single ounce of competitive gaming on his mage in any way shape or form (even LFR).
    A player who, for all intents and purposes, has less real demonstrable knowledge about the class than heck, even you.

It is that player whose opinions they rely on, since, it is self evident, no one on the actual design team actually mains a mage.

It is a situation of the blind leading the blind and you know where that leads us, right?

Thats right. It leads us to oblivion, which, as you might remember from your geography lessons, is the penultimate stop on the rail to the Abyss.

Enjoy the ride mages!
    If by this you mean Lhivera, then yeah, I'm pretty furious at him. He says he's not enjoying his Mage, but he enjoys using the L90 talents for the DAILIES that he does. It's a fucking joke.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i did think at first, omfg 2*15 stun breakers....give them perma bubble mages are immune to CC god class.

then i saw replaces blink....HAHAHAHA no mage is going to take anything that stops them using blink.

this is stupid, both = too OP would make mages nearly uncontrollable, but just blazing speed = lol fail too shit.
    ^ to both of these.

The only use I could see Blazing Speed ever getting would be Blade Lord just to troll your guildies by getting to the end at 600%+ speed (assuming you're good enough to control yourself for those 1.5s)

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Perhaps maining a mage should be a requirement for being on the Mage Dev team.
    You would think that, but no. That's some really wishful (and perfect) logic right there.

Personally, I think maining a Mage should also be a requirement to be a Mage MVP, especially when you have influence in the upcoming patches, though in addition, you should be relaying information that the MAJORITY of Mages care about, not just what you care about. (Though I will agree with one thing, it is quite an issue that I can't rename my Elemental, and I've bitched about that forever. The one day where a huge bug came in and we COULD name our pets, I loved having him finally named "Squishy". But hey, one step at a time. L90 talents and Blazing Speed first )

Edit: Oh cool, this post promoted me to a Pit Lord (though I thought being the Warchief was cooler )
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-01-10 at 07:25 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, neither Improved Blink nor Temporal Shield will ever be attractive enough to IB in their current state. Point of fact, I'm not sure even Improved Blink might be able to compete with Temporal Shield.

Mobility talents shouldn't be on a tier with damage mitigation talents anyway.
    True, I see now why you'd relegate BS to tier 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by this you mean Lhivera, then yeah, I'm pretty furious at him. He says he's not enjoying his Mage, but he enjoys using the L90 talents for the DAILIES that he does. It's a fucking joke.
    Different coloured text is a substitute for intelligence.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    If half the people who bitch and moan on the forums would actually go onto the PTR and test the change first-hand, maybe they'd change back some of the controversial or bad ideas more often.

Or they could just "Tier 6" it. (That's my new verb of the day. It's similar to "Sunwelled." Enjoy.)
    I just tested it. It's fucking horrible. (Keeping in mind my view is STRICTLY PvE, but I also look at the PvP side of things too)

PvE wise, it's just a blatant nerf. Completely. I love blinking through all the mechanics that come at me. Also, Elegon's Pylon Fire? Try Blazing Speed through that.

So, what did you find differently, Superman?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Again, neither Improved Blink nor Temporal Shield will ever be attractive enough to IB in their current state. Point of fact, I'm not sure even Improved Blink might be able to compete with Temporal Shield.

Mobility talents shouldn't be on a tier with damage mitigation talents anyway.
    Agreed. Every other class has a single tier that is a gap closer/opener and another tier about mitigation. What is interesting about all of them is that they compete against talents that provide the same purpose. Mages are the odd ball having to choose mitigation or movement.

I really think:
    Blizzard fucked up the Mage talents; it was clear they had no idea what they were doing from the moment they brought out the tree with that ridiculous polymorph tier.
    is truth.

Another example is the mage bomb tier. Let see, dot + AE damage or dot + AE damage, or we could go with a dot + AE damage. The only variety was frost bomb being shorter duration with bigger burst.....and we see how well that worked out for them.

Or we can look at the cluster that is the level 90 tier......

10+ Year Old Account
    You would think that, but no. That's some really wishful (and perfect) logic right there.

Personally, I think maining a Mage should also be a requirement to be a Mage MVP, especially when you have influence in the upcoming patches, though in addition, you should be relaying information that the MAJORITY of Mages care about, not just what you care about. (Though I will agree with one thing, it is quite an issue that I can't rename my Elemental, and I've bitched about that forever. The one day where a huge bug came in and we COULD name our pets, I loved having him finally named "Squishy". But hey, one step at a time. L90 talents and Blazing Speed first )
    Or one could stop being lazy and believing what the MVP say is a summary of the consensus of the rest of the community.

Lhiv thinks he's hot shit because he believes he got Frost made somewhat viable. Truth be told, I suspect that change would have come regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    True, I see now why you'd relegate BS to tier 1.
    Nyeh, then it just gets beat out by Scorch (or PoM for Combustion-Maniacs)

Different coloured text is a substitute for intelligence.
    Hey now, I didn't necessarily question his intelligence, as I do appreciate some of his math and theorycrafting, but as far as general issues go and knowing that the L90 talents have NO place in this raid tier that requires movement, he really needs to do some raiding (and not fucking LFR). Invo and RoP were MADE for raiding, as IW was made for soloing and PvP. Blazing Speed, was made with nothing in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well no, my view is that Scorch should be baselined for fire. PoM needs a bit of work and might even be worth weaving back into arcane, so they can introduce some actually good talents for tier 1. PoM is good but the CD on it is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey now, I didn't necessarily question his intelligence, as I do appreciate some of his math and theorycrafting, but as far as general issues go and knowing that the L90 talents have NO place in this raid tier that requires movement, he really needs to do some raiding (and not fucking LFR). Invo and RoP were MADE for raiding, as IW was made for soloing and PvP. Blazing Speed, was made with nothing in mind.
    Math and theorycrafting is all well and good, but trying to state that it is the holy grail of design direction, trumping quality of life, actual implementation of mechanics, and enjoyability as he does is quite frankly, stupid.

He is currently one of the least valuable posters on that forum. Every time a semi-constructive thread about Mages gets going he comes in and derails it with a discussion of math, because having a calculator puts him above people that actually, you know, raid.

But, he is but a symptom of the critical problem. The developers haven't a clue, that much is certain.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are finished with being off-topic in this thread, could you possibly send a detailed e-mail to Blizzard's MVP feedback address? And if your first response to my suggestion is "like they would do anything about it", then that says more about you than about anyone else. If you won't try to change something then do not complain about it either, especially in a place not meant to complain about it.

We all agree that we don't love Lhivera and what he's typing on the forums - either try to change it or drop the topic because it's becoming extremely annoying to have to remind people that derailing a thread and flaming people who are not users of this forum (Lhivera, insults to wow developers hidden behind the fact that we can't name them) are also infractable offenses and I do not like infracting people. The logic: use thread on a specific topic on a forum on a website to not discuss that topic but rather discuss someone who posts stuff on a different website unrelated to this website and unrelated to this specific thread as well. There are private messages available on this website and there is a irc channel where users of this website can chat in real time.

Well no, my view is that Scorch should be baselined for fire. PoM needs a bit of work and might even be worth weaving back into arcane, so they can introduce some actually good talents for tier 1. PoM is good but the CD on it is insane.
    I guess Scorch could go back to Fire, but then Frost needs something when it has ZERO proccs, especially if they use Frost Bomb.

Orb (which will be extremely likely to be on CD) would be all we have with zero proccs (since Pet Freeze is being shattered for PvE).

PoM I've always felt should be a 45s cooldown. The Druid and Shaman talents are MUCH better, either with a better cooldown, grants passive haste, and/or gives more benefit to the spell cast under it. Why PoM is a 90s cooldown for just a spell to become instant, it's kinda a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, Scorch is a tough nut to crack. It is the only spell I can think of that has no use outside of movement, and I don't think many people like having to waste a keybind on such an ability. Mobility increasing tools need to be cooldown based or passively integrated into the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    If you are finished with being off-topic in this thread, could you possibly send a detailed e-mail to Blizzard's MVP feedback address? And if your first response to my suggestion is "like they would do anything about it", then that says more about you than about anyone else. If you won't try to change something then do not complain about it either, especially in a place not meant to complain about it.

We all agree that we don't love Lhivera and what he's typing on the forums - either try to change it or drop the topic because it's becoming extremely annoying to have to remind people that derailing a thread and flaming people who are not users of this forum are also infractable offenses and I do not like infracting people. The logic: use thread on a specific topic on a forum on a website to not discuss that topic but rather discuss someone who posts stuff on a different website unrelated to this website and unrelated to this specific thread as well. There are private messages available on this website and there is a irc channel where users of this website can chat in real time.
    Sorry Shang, I'm done.

I also just took your advice and went ahead and e-mailed.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:32 PM ----------

As I said, Scorch is a tough nut to crack. It is the only spell I can think of that has no use outside of movement, and I don't think many people like having to waste a keybind on such an ability. Mobility increasing tools need to be cooldown based or passively integrated into the rotation.
    But I guess they're okay wasting it for PoM (which I just macro into AT for Fire) or Ice Floes (which LOL, no one uses that shit!).

That being said, Didact, we're drifting a bit off-topic. Should they actually choose speed boosts or other means of moving as Tier 1, this would become relevant, but they aren't going to make any major changes to Mage anytime soon, even if that means replacing a single talent.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-01-10 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I guess they're okay wasting it for PoM (which I just macro into AT for Fire) or Ice Floes (which LOL, no one uses that shit!).

That being said, Didact, we're drifting a bit off-topic. Should they actually choose speed boosts or other means of moving as Tier 1, this would become relevant, but they aren't going to make any major changes to Mage anytime soon, even if that means replacing a single talent.
    Then discussing it is clearly an exercise in futility. I might as well find another class to play.

Then discussing it is clearly an exercise in futility. I might as well find another class to play.
    I never said discussing it is bad, I'm saying that this isn't the right thread to discuss it in. Also, if you asked ANY other class right now, they'd probably tell you to do that because of how chaotic Mages are atm

It sucks no one else gets it.

I guess Scorch could go back to Fire, but then Frost needs something when it has ZERO proccs, especially if they use Frost Bomb.

Orb (which will be extremely likely to be on CD) would be all we have with zero proccs (since Pet Freeze is being shattered for PvE).

PoM I've always felt should be a 45s cooldown. The Druid and Shaman talents are MUCH better, either with a better cooldown, grants passive haste, and/or gives more benefit to the spell cast under it. Why PoM is a 90s cooldown for just a spell to become instant, it's kinda a joke.
    I have thought since Beta that scorch should go back to fire since fire has the least in the way of mobility options outside it and the longest cast time nuke. Frost has pet and even ice lance spam when moving. Sure, ice lance without fingers is not a lot, but the pet combined with it makes it decent. Ice floes could go to frost and fill out some damage lost from mobility. PoM fits arcane much better. Arcane has a very short CD instant cast. Arcane blast is even a relatively short cast time. And PoM give you the ability to maintain stacks when moving. Those three abilities fit nicely into the separate trees. Scorch is almost mandatory for fire and give the other specs the best of both worlds, not to mention an off school spell for during school lockouts. Scorch has generated issues balancing both frost and most recently arcane. Move them to the different trees, where they fit better anyway. Boom you have a full tier for movement. (It also lets you balance CDs against the toolbox the spec has)

Then you can put two other movement/escape abilities against blazing speed. A new shield type spell. Maybe a reflect the next single attack. Or something else along that line vs temp shield and IB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with the above. Re procs, I think their current design of the orbs and mage bombs is confused. Mage bombs could easily be baked into the spec, whereas the orbs could be re-designed with the purpose of utility and evening procs out, where applicable. I'd be happy with a return of FFO, Flaming Orb and something like a Gravity Well for arcane, perhaps with the animation of a collapsing star. The bomb spells have much clearer dps applicability. This is veering off topic, but the point is that yes they'd need to incorporate all this as part of a larger re-design project.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2013-01-10 at 07:49 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm, I love blink. Such a great unique spell and one we have had forever. Cannot believe they are getting rid of it...