Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well for this there is really no wrong spec unless you really just want to feel like your topping charts. I do disagree with respecting costing money in any game but I overlook it in this one because as I said there is really no wrong spec just build them the way u want to.
    Uh, there actually are many wrong specs. The issue is that the disparity in skill strengths within the classes is so great, that speccing any other way than the optimal one is a definite way to punish yourself. This game needs a serious tuning pass on many skills, especially ones that are outright useless or scale very poorly (and there an unreasonably high number of these).

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothh View Post
    Uh, there actually are many wrong specs. The issue is that the disparity in skill strengths within the classes is so great, that speccing any other way than the optimal one is a definite way to punish yourself. This game needs a serious tuning pass on many skills, especially ones that are outright useless or scale very poorly (and there an unreasonably high number of these).
    Such as any +defense skill; entirely worthless because of how broken defense is, especially at higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    Such as any +defense skill; entirely worthless because of how broken defense is, especially at higher levels.
    God DAMN it!

So what you're saying is I'm going to have to scrap Thing or pay money for him to be useful at end game?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Im not sure if my computer is having a hard time running things or if its just a bug on there end. Sound seems to skip sometimes. The graphics seem to glitch sometimes as well. Almost like my monitor refresh rate isn't good. While moving sometimes the character seems like it freezes for a half a second but it is really noticeable. Don't have these issues in other games.

computer specs are
    intel e6750 (stock clock speeds)
    gtx 550 ti
    8gb ram
    monitor is asus VS247H-P

Does anyone else have problems like I do? Hoping it's just because the game is buggy and not my computer. i also am not running the graphics on high. Going to update my video card driver and see if it helps anything.
    I've had some issues as well. Sometimes when I exit a dungeon (for lack of a better term) my sound cuts out almost entirely with the exception of music. It usually rights itself when I step into a new cell (area of the map). Also, sometimes my special attacks don't animate. They fire but there's no animation from my character. Example: I use Hawkeye and I fire his tazer arrow. He animates but I don't see the arrow fly then instantly the enemy is being shocked.

I chalk it up to poor programming and terrible time management on their end. I'm HOPING that this will turn out like D3 and a year later it will be the game (or close to it) that it should have been upon release. Until they I won't spend any money on characters.

RE: Respeccing. You get an item from a quest, not sure if it's story related or not but the item gives you a 1 time use that will refund all points spent. I'm saving mine until I'm max level and I can decide how I want to spec.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Now $3 to respec? No fuck no.
    You can soon upgrade the crafter to allow you to craft respec potions as well iirc

Plus, the potions are often given as reward for quests. I got 2 in first 11-13 levels or so.

The compensation for the Early Access delay has been announced: https://marvelheroes.com/community/d...h-compensation

Quick run down:

Ultimate Pack owners - 2000Gs
    Premium Pack owners - 1000Gs

Both get a unique pet (cosmetic item) that is currently being created specifically for this compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    So far better than D3. No buy to win auction house huzzah!
    Yeah but everything costs money.

$300+ bucks for characters and stuff? Lol pass.

Smite has complete god pack for 30 bucks. Ill spend my money on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post

Or you can grind and hope the character you want drops in the world.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Isn't Smite a MOBA?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Isn't Smite a MOBA?
    Yes it is. It's actually the only MOBA that I like though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yes it is. It's actually the only MOBA that I like though.
    I know several people who like it, I just don't consider it comparable to Marvel Heroes since it's a PVE focused dungeon crawler.

I know several people who like it, I just don't consider it comparable to Marvel Heroes since it's a PVE focused dungeon crawler.
    Right, my apologies.

I was just comparing 2 newish games with unlockable/bought characters. 1 is 30 bucks one is 300 bucks. Insane.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was just comparing 2 newish games with unlockable/bought characters. 1 is 30 bucks one is 300 bucks. Insane.
    I am pretty sure I hadnt spent 300 bucks in the game. And I was crazy enough to go for the Ultimate Pack .

The comparison you quoted with D3 still stands. You can buy the basic game option with 5 heroes, ignore the in game shop (i.e. dont spend 300 bucks if you dont want! even thou I think the total value for all heroes/costumes is way more than 300 bucks by the way...), level those 5 heroes, have epixxxx loot, do content and progress your hero to maximum performance without having to bother with the fact that you need to invest time to play AH game to get proper loot/progression.

I've played this a little bit the past couple of days. I kind of like it. It helps that the first hero I picked (Storm) I enjoy playing. If I continue to play for a bit I might pick up another hero from the store.

I've played this a little bit the past couple of days. I kind of like it. It helps that the first hero I picked (Storm) I enjoy playing. If I continue to play for a bit I might pick up another hero from the store.
    If you enjoy playing Storm then why not just stick with her until you max her out? You might get more heroes along the way without having to pay anything.

Unless there's a hero you just have to have. I will admit I am going to throw down the cash for Squirrel Girl as soon as she is released. I might do the same if they release other characters I like such as Nightcrawler, Black Cat, She-Hulk or Ghost Rider.

Yeah good call on that. Do different costumes drop as well? Or are they store bought only?

God DAMN it!

So what you're saying is I'm going to have to scrap Thing or pay money for him to be useful at end game?
    Well you could just ignore any of his +defense abilities and hope to do damage with him, but you'd still be at a big disadvantage compared to ranged dps. Otherwise we just hope they fix the ridiculous lack of scaling for it.

But yeah, I've mentioned it earlier in the thread, right now Defense = 0.2 dmg reduction per 1 point. Consider bosses in the dailies 30+ will be hitting you for up to 2K (or lots more with special abilities), and around that level your defense of ~1000 is reducing those hits by 200. Compare that to dodge, which many of the melee dps types (Black Panther, Spider-man, etc) have, which they can get stacked up to 50% - and you're suddenly the wet paper bag while Black Panther's tanking :P

Yeah good call on that. Do different costumes drop as well? Or are they store bought only?
    All costumes currently in the store exist as drops in the game, including a set of "chase costumes" that can only be obtained as drops (one for each hero - Storm's is the African Goddess costume), as well as 5 costumes exclusive to the Fortune Cards (the end-game Cube Shard drops from terminal missions let's you get the cards in-game, and by extension the costumes if you are lucky). Those are for Iron Man (Stealth), Deadpool (Unmasked), Wolverine (Days of Future Past), Captain America (The Captain - it's the black version of his suit, based on the U.S. Agent character from the comics), and Thor (Destroyer).

Yup, cosmetic costumes can drop as well unless they changed something. I remember finding a few during the beta.

So now that I'm level 30 I have a noob question...where do I grind levels now?