... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    RNDMCST is not valid it says. Not even expired, just invalid :P
    It's RNDMCSTM
    The M was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It's RNDMCSTM
    The M was missing.
    Ahh, of course, I actually retyped it several ways to make sure there wasn't a typo, but I didn't add any :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    His dialogue I like. It was just the Stink Bomb/Spikes/Slashing that got really boring especially since I play Nightcrawler before. If his other abilities would be more viable I might've been able to stomach it more (got him maxed at 60). Hoping his review makes him more interesting. I loved everything about him just not abilities

Gonna preorder the Teamup pack and get the Deadpool Kid costume once it's out so I have something other than default to run around him with.

Also, the other issue with a DP token is that his ultimate is really bad atm and most people prefer not to pop it because the difference is barely noticeable on bosses.
    I haven't played Nightcrawler yet but from what you say it sounds like I should
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw i got Nightcrawler of the random box, which is quite nice . I do have a question. I wanna play a agile, rogue-ish character that can stealth, and i have Black Widow and now Nightcrawler . Should i buy Black Panther ? Of the 3 , which one doesn't suck horribly?

Edit: Forgot to add, i'd prefer a melee build.
    Last edited by Razael; 2014-04-26 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Btw i got Nightcrawler of the random box, which is quite nice . I do have a question. I wanna play a agile, rogue-ish character that can stealth, and i have Black Widow and now Nightcrawler . Should i buy Black Panther ? Of the 3 , which one doesn't suck horribly?

Edit: Forgot to add, i'd prefer a melee build.
    Nightcrawler was pretty good from the start. Black Panther got a review last month and Black Widow got a review yesterday. Though she's still under the "2 week double review check" to make sure everything is in check. So far it sounds like they may alter her signature slightly.

Of the three you should be in decent shape I would say. I'd suggest maybe looking at www.marvelbase.com and look at each hero's abilities and see if maybe one sparks more interest than the other?

When I did Nightcrawler though I didn't really stealth anything and can't recall anything that stealthed. Nor of BP now that I think of it but I could be very wrong on both of these accounts. All three are very melee oriented and just remembered while NC doesn't stealth he has a very "teleporty" build if that counts for you.

Nightcrawler is the only hero I know of that has any kind stealth ability

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Nightcrawler is the only hero I know of that has any kind stealth ability
    Both Black Widow and Black Panther have abilities that stealth them, but yeah as far as I can remember NC is in fact the only one that has a straight up stealth ability. With the others it's a secondary effect off I believe rolls, compared to NC's ability that just puts him in stealth immediately and has a secondary heal effect.

Night Crawler has a very efficient Stealth ability, which should be utilized even at 1 points (just get enough +points), since it also heals him during this time. Other than that, NC is amazing to play. The only objection I have is that he's extremely squishy without unique gear, a trait many share, so at some point you'll start getting oneshot by X-Defense and it's just corpse run after corpse run.

I got Gambit in my random box from the code. I got Hawkeye Avengers movie skin in my random skin from the code. I bought Black Widow and got Wolverine from the Random box (buy one /get one action), which keeps up my '100% no doubles from random box' score (about 10-14 heroes from the random box now? Didn't count)

I also received Doctor Strange from my Advance pre-purchase earlier this year and my GAWD Dr. Strange is fucking awesome. Squishy, but awesome. OSSUMMMM.

Deleted
    I played this for so long when it came out, but right now I just stopped playing and went back to Diablo 3 RoS

Quote Originally Posted by GamerhouseEU View Post
    I played this for so long when it came out, but right now I just stopped playing and went back to Diablo 3 RoS
    I hope that the quality of whatever you're going to post on these boards will soon rise, because these last 7 posts you made are quite literally filler, but I have this feeling that once you reach 10 posts, you will start making topics about the greatness of Gamerhouse.eu.

But don't worry, I will gladly report you as soon as that happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok guys thanks, i'll play Nightcrawler then. Sounds like it will be fun.

Ok guys thanks, i'll play Nightcrawler then. Sounds like it will be fun.
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed. He and Ms. Marvel are the most fun I've had in that game so far, and I've spent time on all but 8 heroes.

Doctor Strange is now level 60 and I have to say, most fun hero to date, for me. His model and art suck ass in my opinion, but that has its own charm. A guy in a red Dracula cape with a bright blue suit, without a top-hat!, spawning demonic energy where-ever he goes, is the pinnacle of insanity and I'm enjoying it extremely.

His burst is top-tier and on a very short cooldown to boot. His Energy usage is incredibly low, allowing me, for the first time, to do without energy-return and just chaining combo's. Im using this build.

Basic Rotation:
    Vapors of Valtorr -> Flames of the Faltine -> Icy Tendrils of Ikthalon -> Winds of Watoomb; Seven suns of Cinnibus whenever it is off cooldown.
    Bolts of Balthakk as your basic ability, which you might or might not ever use.

Things splode.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaemis View Post
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed. He and Ms. Marvel are the most fun I've had in that game so far, and I've spent time on all but 8 heroes.
    That's good to know, I bought both of them with the buy one get one sale going on and everything. Sadly the free heroes were ones I already had, but I already own most of the heroes I like anyways. Will have to take them out for a spin now that finished leveling Loki to 60.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerhouseEU View Post
    I've tried both, for over 50 hours each. I like them both for their own reasons.

Reaper of Souls helped 'fix' a lot of my issues with D3, I really enjoy Rifts and the new bounty system, but the Rifts are the only thing that really draw me to the game, still. The game also, even with the new Templar class, has an issue with Classes, there's just simply not enough of them, and almost no diversity.

Marvel Heroes has a crazy amount of classes (34), of which I currently own a whopping six. Yes, they're 'Heroes,' not 'Classes,' but they're essentially the same thing. There's more diversity in the builds, where I can see three or more ways to play my Jean Grey, and there's also more buttons to spam, which is actually a good thing to me. It has a crazy amount of things to do, and even though I've gotten 4 of those 6 Heroes above 30, I haven't touched more than the first two or three Chapters in the Story, because of that. I keep getting the feeling that there's so much to do that I haven't done, where in RoS, I get the "unless RNG likes me and i get a Rift backdrop I haven't seen yet, I've done everything" feeling. Also, Marvel Heroes Events. There's like a new one every week. Makes it really easy to choose what game to play when every few weeks Gazillion gives us a free Hero to try out, and as I start getting comfy with said Hero, they toss a new code to us.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Anyone picked up the Invisible Woman yet? How does she play? Thinking of picking up a new hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of questions, perhaps you folks could enlighten me with answers.

1) Do you have to clear the story 3 times each hero for the bonuses? Or 1 hero unlocks the buffs across your roster?

2) If the answer is yes to clearing with every hero thrice, is that even worth it? Or should i just go for the faster , more fun stuff like X-Defense, Midtown and Legendary Quests?

Kinda of puzzled here, as i have 8 heroes, and i'm having trouble wrapping my around around clearing the story 3 times on just 1 hero, let alone 8.

Couple of questions, perhaps you folks could enlighten me with answers.

1) Do you have to clear the story 3 times each hero for the bonuses? Or 1 hero unlocks the buffs across your roster?

2) If the answer is yes to clearing with every hero thrice, is that even worth it? Or should i just go for the faster , more fun stuff like X-Defense, Midtown and Legendary Quests?

Kinda of puzzled here, as i have 8 heroes, and i'm having trouble wrapping my around around clearing the story 3 times on just 1 hero, let alone 8.
    Yes, I believe so. 3 times for each character. Probably best to do that when you're 60 because then you can just plow through the first 2 difficulties in like 30 minutes, maybe an hour on Superheroic mode. Don't have to kill anything along the way and you can just skip to the objective.

General route is to do X Def till 20, LQ till 60, then go back for storymode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Yes, I believe so. 3 times for each character. Probably best to do that when you're 60 because then you can just plow through the first 2 difficulties in like 30 minutes, maybe an hour on Superheroic mode. Don't have to kill anything along the way and you can just skip to the objective.

General route is to do X Def till 20, LQ till 60, then go back for storymode.
    Bah. Such a shame. Still, thats better than how i have been doing. Silly me for not thinking about that.

For now, yes. Each difficulty has it's own set of bonuses. The devs said they do want to move the bonuses out and just give them to the character as base, but would take a bit. Maybe it'll be out during the 1 year anniversary next month.

What I do is wait until I unlock the next difficulty and go back and do the quests for PP, sometimes XP/Rarity pots. But it depends on the hero. Some are just meh and I skip them altogether since I know later on you'll get them automatically, but if it's a hero I love and I feel PP starved I'll do it since it's like 4 per mode I think. Other option is to do it at 60 and just zerg it.

Here's a tip though. If you do it on 1 hero then what you can do is on your second and future heroes is swap to the first hero and port to the final boss (Kingpin, Hood, Science Station, and Ancient Pathway in Ch. 9) and once you port there exit the instance (for Hood/Kingpin) and swap to the hero you need them then just kill them and it only takes about a couple minutes and you bypass all the fluff in the story. This only works though once you do it with a hero. Also if you do LQ (Legendary Quests) which I recommend sometimes they'll give you one for story that also gives you a quest reward.

As I mentioned though I would only do it on heroes you enjoy and even then you can do the "port trick" to cut out a lot of time and makes it bearable. Otherwise you can also wait until they are baseline.