Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Page 3 of 308 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You're trying to get way, way too much gameplay information out of the teaser
    My original point, I guess, is that I can't believe people get so hyped from these sorts of trailers. If anything they sometimes seem to potentially set games up for failure by touting themselves as something they are not. You even have the op state that (paraphrasing) 'i don't even like this type of game but this has me pumped'. This can go a few ways...perhaps the game stays true to the IP and genre and sucks in some fans of other games (good outcome)...perhaps the game reaches too hard for new customers and alienates those hoping for something truer to the world's roots (DA2 outcome)...maybe the game bills itself as something it's not and disappoints those hoping for something else (not a great outcome but buyer beware yada yada yada).

Am I reading too much into all this...yes very well maybe, but I guess I'll just reiterate my main points which are I don't get hyped from these sorts of trailers and don't really see why others do, and that I think it's sad that many games seem to go out of their way to market themselves as over the top gun toting action when many games are more nuanced in reality. If this game stays true to the IP and to the developer's own comments then this game will be one of those.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm...this reeks of Shadowrun :-) Looking forward to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    DRM I don't take into account. Sorry, but that doesn't make or break a game.

The witcher 1 (only one I played), while it was a fun game. The combat was horrid, the gameplay was horrible. (invisible walls are not things I expect in a game nowadays)
    The Witcher 2 is from another planet. No one should ever play Witcher 1 since it's done with the same engine as NWN = hoooorrible.

In a lot of ways Witcher 1 was a better game. But yeah, the combat was poor.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Mmmm...this reeks of Shadowrun :-) Looking forward to it!
    I'd think it reeked of Cyberpunk, not Shadowrun :P No magic or fantasy races here!

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/a/wfATK#0

There's a few screenshots of the video. 1080p for your viewing pleasure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smashing that replay button , trailer looks awesome

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    on the wikipedia page, it says they're aiming for a 2015 release

I am soo glad, that a game from my country (which is ultra rare, because most of Polish designers are seriously sad/not on time with their ideas, well, just like most of PL ppl...) is again gaining a huge hype and looking strong Can't wait for this game too.

And that girl from the trailer, as far as I know, is based on one of the workers A country full of beautifull (and in stable relationships since 16-18yo) girls.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-01-12 at 05:13 PM.

Since the controls in the Witcher 2 were worse by a factor 10 than the original (after some patches), I will have to wait and see, first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares if the graphics aren't "mindblowing", or if the UI is a mess, or if the controls suck, or if the engine feels sluggish? Style over substance, man.
    This is CD Projekt Red we're talking about. They are one of the few PC "exclusive" developers left. Graphics and game play WILL keep up with style. We probably won't be able to play 2077 at uber settings without shelling out mad cash on Processors and Graphics cards. There is a good chance this game is going to be a "benchmark" game for PC performance.

This trailer has me hyped. I hope that with Shadowrun Returns coming out this year and 2077 in 2015-6, Cyberpunk will make a comeback, and Open world gaming will break this FPS tunnel vision that is currently affecting the market.

Since the controls in the Witcher 2 were worse by a factor 10 than the original (after some patches), I will have to wait and see, first.
    You know you can hook up a X-box /whatever controller to your PC and play the game fine? It was made with a controller in view even if it was primary a mouse and keyboard game.
    Last edited by raist474; 2013-01-12 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the Witcher 2, I am a CDP fanboy. I will admit. The Witcher 2 was absolutely phenomenal and I am now stupid hyped for this game. Although I did learn my lesson about hype from Skyrim (and massive, soul crushing disappointment).

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    This is CD Projekt Red we're talking about. They are one of the few PC "exclusive" developers left. Graphics and game play WILL keep up with style. We probably won't be able to play 2077 at uber settings without shelling out mad cash on Processors and Graphics cards. There is a good chance this game is going to be a "benchmark" game for PC performance.

This trailer has me hyped. I hope that with Shadowrun Returns coming out this year and 2077 in 2015-6, Cyberpunk will make a comeback, and Open world gaming will break this FPS tunnel vision that is currently affecting the market.

You know you can hook up a X-box /whatever controller to your PC and play the game fine? It was made with a controller in view even if it was primary a mouse and keyboard game.
    And that made the camera better how?

Deleted
    Honestly, I'm concerned about the melee system in it, since you will be able to upgrade yourself with arm blades like in the trailer and probably more melee weapons. The "melee combat" in deux ex was realy cheap, it being cutscenes, but it looked good atleast, it wouldn't be good either if it's just a simple "mash button until guy falls over either.
    Anyone knows a game with good shooting and good melee combat at the same time? I realy can't think of anything.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Honestly, I'm concerned about the melee system in it, since you will be able to upgrade yourself with arm blades like in the trailer and probably more melee weapons. The "melee combat" in deux ex was realy cheap, it being cutscenes, but it looked good atleast, it wouldn't be good either if it's just a simple "mash button until guy falls over either.
    Anyone knows a game with good shooting and good melee combat at the same time? I realy can't think of anything.
    have you tried sleeping dogs

Awesome trailer, but even with the youtube vid descrip I don't have any idea what this game is about or how it's going to play. I like a trailer to give a little more info, but eh. I'll keep my eye on it, looks like it could be pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    have you tried sleeping dogs
    No I have not, I've seen the combat is arkham asylum esque but I have no idea what the gun play is like.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    My original point, I guess, is that I can't believe people get so hyped from these sorts of trailers. If anything they sometimes seem to potentially set games up for failure by touting themselves as something they are not. You even have the op state that (paraphrasing) 'i don't even like this type of game but this has me pumped'. This can go a few ways...perhaps the game stays true to the IP and genre and sucks in some fans of other games (good outcome)...perhaps the game reaches too hard for new customers and alienates those hoping for something truer to the world's roots (DA2 outcome)...maybe the game bills itself as something it's not and disappoints those hoping for something else (not a great outcome but buyer beware yada yada yada).

Am I reading too much into all this...yes very well maybe, but I guess I'll just reiterate my main points which are I don't get hyped from these sorts of trailers and don't really see why others do, and that I think it's sad that many games seem to go out of their way to market themselves as over the top gun toting action when many games are more nuanced in reality. If this game stays true to the IP and to the developer's own comments then this game will be one of those.
    I believe 70% of the hype is coming from the fact that this game will be made from CD Projekt RED. Have you played The Witcher games?

It's a very good trailer; it also gives absolutely zero indication how the game will be or, frankly, even look.

In terms of piquing interest, though, A++.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    It was made with a controller in view even if it was primary a mouse and keyboard game.
    Man, I hope Cyberpunk's controls won't be designed for consoles, and then the same controls used for the PC version. There hasn't been a single game where that's been done, where it's been a pleasure to play it on a computer.

I know PC games need to be ported to consoles because creating games for consoles only just isn't profitable enough for these firms, but if they do make the game for both, consoles shouldn't drive the design process. The PC version should be designed for a PC, and the console version's controls designed for a pad.

Nobody wants to play a computer game on their computer using a pad.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Awesome trailer, but even with the youtube vid descrip I don't have any idea what this game is about or how it's going to play. I like a trailer to give a little more info, but eh. I'll keep my eye on it, looks like it could be pretty cool.
    This game is made by Cyberpunk 2020 fans for Cyberpunk 2020 fans. People who don't know that world will be at a disadvantage. Nevertheless, there should be a new video coming today.