High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really play destro before that change, but I'm really glad they did that. I already have a somewhat hard time at sniping these sometimes (playing on EU servers from US-west, 160ms latency), trying to actually time for the killing blow would just be a nightmare.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Sorry, but the Demonology Warlock you're talking about isn't nearly as good as some of the players you're addressing on this board. One bad player does not make Demonology bad for that fight.
    Well, maybe, but still I don't see a reason for Demo spec on that kind of fight.
    Personal preference.

P.S.: When choosing between Two-Hand vs MH/OH you need to count MH+OH/2 in order to find what's better, am I right?
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-05-12 at 09:43 AM.

Deleted
    You need to account for the additional +165 enchant on offhand at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Well, maybe, but still I don't see a reason for Demo spec on that kind of fight.
    Personal preference.

P.S.: When choosing between Two-Hand vs MH/OH you need to count MH+OH/2 in order to find what's better, am I right?
    Why would you divide it by two..?

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Why would you divide it by two..?
    Total stats of 2h Compared to Total Stats of 1h and Offhand +165 Intellect. No reason to divide by two indeed.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Personal preference.

There is no reason to play demo there unless you just dont want to change specs for that fight. Destro is by far better regardless of any other points made, during progress destro all the way. Once its on farm, who cares you can play whatever spec you want.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Total stats of 2h Compared to Total Stats of 1h and Offhand +165 Intellect. No reason to divide by two indeed.

There is no reason to play demo there unless you just dont want to change specs for that fight. Destro is by far better regardless of any other points made, during progress destro all the way. Once its on farm, who cares you can play whatever spec you want.
    Now only need to find proper guild.
    Sick of being a pug for half and year almost (since my static dissasolved cause of 1 Tank going for DOTA2, and other simply got lost).

I have quick question regarding refreshing Doom with Unerring Vision (I have LFR version), is it worth refreshing over a Doom (that doesn't have a UVoLS proc buff and not in Pandemic applicable range) for a Doom that has a UVoLS proc? I understand refreshing it will lose the heavier ticking dots, also not coordinating with Pandemic, but then I lose out on potentially guaranteed Doom Imps with the proc.

I am enjoying Demonolgy a lot with the trinket but that has been the main thing that has been puzzling me. I don't know if it's a thing to adjust for fight mechanics or if there is a general rule with refreshing Doom, like only during Pandemic even with UVoLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldarius View Post
    I have quick question regarding refreshing Doom with Unerring Vision (I have LFR version), is it worth refreshing over a Doom (that doesn't have a UVoLS proc buff and not in Pandemic applicable range) for a Doom that has a UVoLS proc? I understand refreshing it will lose the heavier ticking dots, also not coordinating with Pandemic, but then I lose out on potentially guaranteed Doom Imps with the proc.

I am enjoying Demonolgy a lot with the trinket but that has been the main thing that has been puzzling me. I don't know if it's a thing to adjust for fight mechanics or if there is a general rule with refreshing Doom, like only during Pandemic even with UVoLS.
    Crit Doom > Every other Doom. The only exception to this MIGHT be if you had Berserking, Lust, Meta Gem, DS and all your Int Procs up when you put the first up, and everything fell off before UVLS procced. Even then, I'd probably go with the Crit Doom, and I absolutely would go with the Crit Doom if I were Sac.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

You might also want to prefer 2H because it will be cheaper to upgrade with valor come 5.3, but that's probably going to be a much less dire issue than it was during 5.1.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

This of course depends on if it's 25 man or 10 man. On 10 man definitely destro; I played aff and our other lock played demo during progress the first 2 nights and we had a bunch of issues with our healing comp so not having enough cleave made it really hard for the healers to single target dispel everyone. The next week we both went destro and we got a monk healer. The fight was much easier because of the additional cleave dmg and whatever the monk aoe dispel is (Revival maybe?).

For a 25 man you can play whatever you want unless you are trying to carry your guild. This is just an assumption but 25 man looks like just a constant cleave fight. The way we did it on 10 man was more or less single target nuking down high priorities then cleaving down the rest so it was a lot of burst then cleave, rinse/repeat. If you keep an Unerring Doom on the boss and take Mannoroth's you can do really good cleave, it just wont be as constant as destro's since fury generation is a little slower then ember generation on that fight because of Demo's lack of a Shadowburn mechanic.

If you are having issues with Horridon going into the last phase with too much hp to burn before enrage then you have 2 options. Havoc dump CB's and SB's into Horridon better then you currently are as Destro or play Aff and use the SS bug to keep full power dots on Horridon the entire fight and they will give you the extra boost you need. Doing this properly while nuking/cleaving adds takes a lot of skill and micro management but it's a really fun challenge and very rewarding if you can pull it off.
    Last edited by Betrayerx; 2013-05-13 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggajuice View Post
    This of course depends on if it's 25 man or 10 man. On 10 man definitely destro; I played aff and our other lock played demo during progress the first 2 nights and we had a bunch of issues with our healing comp so not having enough cleave made it really hard for the healers to single target dispel everyone. The next week we both went destro and we got a monk healer. The fight was much easier because of the additional cleave dmg and whatever the monk aoe dispel is (Revival maybe?).

For a 25 man you can play whatever you want unless you are trying to carry your guild. This is just an assumption but 25 man looks like just a constant cleave fight. The way we did it on 10 man was more or less single target nuking down high priorities then cleaving down the rest so it was a lot of burst then cleave, rinse/repeat. If you keep an Unerring Doom on the boss and take Mannoroth's you can do really good cleave, it just wont be as constant as destro's since fury generation is a little slower then ember generation on that fight because of Demo's lack of a Shadowburn mechanic.

If you are having issues with Horridon going into the last phase with too much hp to burn before enrage then you have 2 options. Havoc dump CB's and SB's into Horridon better then you currently are as Destro or play Aff and use the SS bug to keep full power dots on Horridon the entire fight and they will give you the extra boost you need. Doing this properly while nuking/cleaving adds takes a lot of skill and micro management but it's a really fun challenge and very rewarding if you can pull it off.
    I'm assuming that everyone is talking about Heroic Horridon here. I've done regular 10 man Horridon as demonology and haven't had any problems, but my guild hasn't progressed to Heroic mode yet. What sort of things should I be taking into consideration here? Although it is a cleave fight, it seems like Demo has more than enough AoE damage to be considered a viable spec. Also, I was taking a look at Sparkuggz on the armory today and noticed something that I was curious about as well. For the most part, he is gemmed etc. for straight haste in as many sockets as possible with the exception of maybe two sockets in which he has opted for int/mastery. This gives me the impression that he was aiming for a specific haste threshold and then putting the rest of his stats into mastery. With a haste rating of 13775, what threshold exactly is it that he was aiming for?

demo and destro should be about even when it comes to aoe/cleaving (which you are doing 90% of the fight). what makes destro pull ahead big time on horridon 10hc is all havoc/shadowburn cleaving from the adds to the boss which keeps taking more damage throughout the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlasgrudge View Post
    With a haste rating of 13775, what threshold exactly is it that he was aiming for?
    Corruption under raid haste buff at 13737 I think? Not sure. Could look through this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xZmFYa0E#gid=7

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Corruption under raid haste buff at 13737 I think? Not sure. Could look through this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xZmFYa0E#gid=7

Its fairly likely that its a Doom tick with Berserking, Lust and the Meta Gem active.

No. The closest tick is the 11th, at 12391. 12th tick is 17382. (with serking/meta/lust) I said this a few pages ago.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Its fairly likely that its a Doom tick with Berserking, Lust and the Meta Gem active.
    13737 is a 13th tick of corruption without bloodlust.

So, who is going for 13737 and why? Corruption breakpoints mean nothing for Demonology because of ToC and Void Ray.

I did a quick forum search and came up with nothing and to be quite honest I don't want to dig through this entire 56 page thread to find the answer to I apologize if this has been asked 10,000 times before.

Orc as Demo - Does the 2% pet damage add onto Wild Imp damage or are they considered Guardians or something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I did a quick forum search and came up with nothing and to be quite honest I don't want to dig through this entire 56 page thread to find the answer to I apologize if this has been asked 10,000 times before.

Orc as Demo - Does the 2% pet damage add onto Wild Imp damage or are they considered Guardians or something else?
    90% sure they are considered guardians and do not gain the 2%

Oh boy, its Pixul *wave*, Thanks. Do you still play?