Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Part of this is because items had more depth in diablo 2. I miss cross class abilities. I miss affixes you could build entire builds around.
    I mean fuck, I remember some good items for barbarians needing Dex.

When do you ever need dex on a Barbarian in Diablo 3?

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Yes, I'm most definitely NOT one of the crazed D2 fans who go around insulting D3 at every corner, if that's what you mean by "deep effect". I'm surprised it took you so long to notice.
    No, instead you're a Diablo 3 fan ignoring problems with a game thats as shallow as an ant's armpit and covering for the very company that bastardized the franchise.

Why the hell would anyone even do that?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Ok, so you ignore the facts, and they count as Opinions right?

Ok, I'll bite.

-Destroys the Atmosphere
    Diablo and Diablo 2 always went for a more somber and serious tone, with darkness being a major theme and the possibility that you may not get a happy ending at the end of the tunnel was always possible, dark stone and dark enemies were a MAJOR theme of the games, Diablo 3 has none of this, as the artstyle destroys any sense of forboding and makes everything look like WoW, complete with giant shoulders.

Mooooo!

-Destroys the lore
    An Angel throwing off his wings becomes human, nuff said, especially considering the wings are the REAL PART OF THE ANGEL WHILE THE ARMOR IS A PUPPET. Also Diablo being the smartest all of a sudden and the other Lords of destruction basically being made into stupid lackeys.

I don't see how either of those destroys lore?

-Destroys the depth of the gameplay
    No real builds, they're just loadouts for spells. No gem choices, just stack your main stat, no stat choices, just stack your main stat.

Hello barbs str stacking Hello sorc stack vit And so on.

-destroys the point of the game
    Diablo was supposed to be a dark adventure into unknown tombs and crypts to destroy diablo. Diablo 3 is a generic YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE story where good wins and everything is rainbows and sunshine.

How is it not dark now? A girl getting possessed and having to kill her is not dark enough for you?

Jay wilsons fault - he saw this happen, he paid no respects to the sources.

Replies in red

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Replies in red
    Wow, you never played Diablo 2 did you?

Just as a note, Even in DIABLO 3, it notes that Humans are depowered Nephlim. Who have both Demon and Angel blood in them.

How does an Angel become human by choice?

No, instead you're a Diablo 3 fan ignoring problems with a game thats as shallow as an ant's armpit and covering for the very company that bastardized the franchise.

Why the hell would anyone even do that?
    I'm not a "D3 fan", I just played it. I enjoyed it, no less than I enjoyed D2. I think it's a solid game. Again, as I see it, the only people who I can see might have a problem with it are hardcore D2 fanatics. So we are back at square one.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

A good attitude, as I said, would be to let people who enjoy D3 to enjoy D3 and play D2 if you love it so much. Thankfully, it didn't go anywhere.
    If Blizzard had given it a touch up to make it work in 1920*1080 I probably would have...

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use Sub Optimal builds on basic difficulties, but playing in the higher difficulties required real class mastery.
    Same can be said in D3. Me and my brother both use 2 totally different barb builds. We both can clear inferno

In D2 taking a sub optimal build meant you needed to play harder or learn your class more, you COULD ruin your character, but the many choices made it so you could do some VERY unusual things.

In D3, everything is the same, Builds are meaningless as you have all the tools with you, and you ALWAYS Gem the same way.
    Read above

Clearly you never played Diablo 2 in any deep effect, so don't feel bad in how I totally disregard your opinion as nothing but ignorance.
    I'm going to reverse this onto you. You need to take those rose colored glasses off.

Deleted
    I'm not a "D3 fan", I just played it. I enjoyed it, no less than I enjoyed D2. I think it's a solid game. Again, as I see it, the only people who I can see might have a problem with it are hardcore D2 fanatics. So we are back at square one.
    And yet you stand there covering all the faults of D3 and all the faults it has as a Sequel.

Clearly you invested more interest in it that "I thought it was good".

He doesn't become "human", he simply becomes mortal. That looks human. He obviously still has superhuman powers.
    Also, maybe you should stop implying that everyone who disagrees with your OPINION has "clearly never played D2", it sorta proves my entire point.

10+ Year Old Account

Just as a note, Even in DIABLO 3, it notes that Humans are depowered Nephlim. Who have both Demon and Angel blood in them.

Have you?

Where is it said they can't? Clearly they can if they choose to.

He doesn't become "human", he simply becomes mortal. That looks human. He obviously still has superhuman powers.
    Also, maybe you should stop implying that everyone who disagrees with your OPINION has "clearly never played D2", it sorta proves my entire point.
    There you go....

And yet you stand there covering all the faults of D3 and all the faults it has as a Sequel.

Clearly you invested more interest in it that "I thought it was good".
    I am arguing that the "faults" that you keep bringing up only exist in your perspective.

Deleted
    Same can be said in D3. Me and my brother both use 2 totally different barb builds. We both can clear inferno

Read above

I'm going to reverse this onto you. You need to take those rose colored glasses off.
    Oh my, you and your brother played two different barbarian builds.... Where they used the same item pool, had the same stats at high level, and generally played exactly the same, with little or no difference between them.

As a final deathknell to such bullshit.

I remember when Barbarians could be a ranged class without a gimmick build.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 01:35 AM ----------

I am arguing that the "faults" that you keep bringing up only exist in your perspective.
    Except they don't just exist in my perspective, so you are clearly delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, you and your brother played two different barbarian builds.... Where they used the same item pool, had the same stats at high level, and generally played exactly the same, with little or no difference between them.

As a final deathknell to such bullshit.

I remember when Barbarians could be a ranged class without a gimmick build.

No in fact he has a dps build While I use a tank build. He stack crit, Str, attackspd, While I use resistance, Stam, Armor.

Deleted
    Wow, I cannot believe people are actually siding with this.

You know what? I am done, I cannot respect a person who takes this shit at face value and defends it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 01:37 AM ----------

No in fact he has a dps build While I use a tank build. He stack crit, Str, attackspd, While I use resistance, Stam, Armor.
    Hahahahahaha

Except, you get all of those on armor anyway. nice going though. You basically prove my point that Barbarians are only different in your imagination.

10+ Year Old Account

You know what? I am done, I cannot respect a person who takes this shit at face value and defends it.

Yet you defend diablo2 and all it's flaws.

Fiend, I started this whole argument by saying that the only people who passionately hate D3 are hardcore fans of D2. In attempts to argue with me, you showed that you are, in fact, hardcore fan of D2, thus inadvertently proving my original point.

I also don't usually argue with people who hold such a strong OPINION about something, they think it's a fact and that everyone else agrees with them. In this thread I made a rare exception.

You guys have a huge echo chamber, there is no getting through to you.

Deleted
    Yet you defend diablo2 and all it's flaws.
    Name me a few real flaws and then maybe I will agree with you.

But right now, you just defended the Tyrael turning into a human shit, so clearly, you have no idea what the fuck you are even talking about in terms of Diablo.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 01:39 AM ----------

You guys have a huge echo chamber, there is no getting through to you.
    The Irony of this statement is hilarious.

Here is a little fact of life for you.

Opinions can be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name me a few real flaws and then maybe I will agree with you.

But right now, you just defended the Tyrael turning into a human shit, so clearly, you have no idea what the fuck you are even talking about in terms of Diablo.

No repsecs was a major flaw for me. Being able to rush toons to almost max level in hours wasn't fun either. Horrible drop rates. No real choice in gear.

At the same time you aren't able to say why it is so bad for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    That is a part of your issue, the boosts and extra item drops you get when using MP is to high to not take advantage of.
    it honestly isnt, mp0 has been proven to be the best farming in act 3.

It comes down to your dps though - under 175k do mp0 - between 175 and 220k do mp1 - over that maybe start doing mp2.

Even with the bonus xp changes coming in 1.07 this is still likely to be the best.

Deleted
    No repsecs was a major flaw for me. Being able to rush toons to almost max level in hours wasn't fun either. Horrible drop rates. No real choice in gear.

At the same time you aren't able to say why it is so bad for it to happen.
    Respeccs were a major flaw, look back over my comments, I never defended them.

Playing the game skillfully should reward you, rushing to max level was clever people using the game cleverly.

Horrible drop rates? They're the same or worse in Diablo 3.

No real choices in gear? Pretty sure there were entire builds built around specific legendaries, people had tons of choice.

The Irony of this statement is hilarious.

Here is a little fact of life for you.

Opinions can be wrong.
    Unlike you, I never presented anything I said as ANYTHING other than opinion. Since you were so eager to throw "facts" at me (which later turned out to be glorified opinions), you should think on your own statement a bit.