Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    nope.

The only thing you really needed to learn is when to start running away. Since mobs reset after a few meters, you cant really die, unless you want to play the situation like:
    "It's either me, or you!" (Insert wild-west duel music here)
    Actually,the mobs would chase you all the way out of the instance - if you could make it that far.

10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly didn't level in Vanilla if you think it was that simple. Besides even after fighting mobs 1 on 1, your health would be low enough that you need to bandage or heal (not after every single fight but often enough that both were necessary to have).
    I leveled a priestess in early BC. I think it was out roughly one or two moths at that point.

No one here talked about ooc HP regen. You didn't need bandages, you could just, you know, eat something?
    Yes leveling was always easy. You only die when you get reckless.

Then again it was annoying as fuck to always have to run away when you added something. What made Mobs dangerous back in the day was the insane spell pushback. 2 Mobs and you barely got anything out. 3 Mobs and you were locked down completely once your shield ran out of juice.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-01-13 at 12:05 PM.

The first time I was going up the mage tower in SW as a lv 10 mage, 20 hours played or something. I fell down that path so many times before I made it. :P
    So people can be pretty terrible

And I cant imagine people doing lv 85 content taking this game very seriously anyway. Or they take it way to seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first time I was going up the mage tower in SW as a lv 10 mage, 20 hours played or something. I fell down that path so many times before I made it. :P
    I remember my first 3D ego shooter... Alien vs Predator.
    Boy controlling with mouse AND Keyboard?

Took me a few hours to learn how to walk in a straight line. That was fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    OK resubbed back to WoW and been trying to farm up some JPs on a character I am keeping at level 85 so I can buy BoAs for alts. The groups I have been getting have been atrocious. These instances are TWO YEARS old and people still cant seem to understand how to play. Just did a Heroic Throne of Tides with a rogue, mage, and Hunter. All 3 refused to CC anything, even after I marked them, and none of the healers ever got interrupted. Also For the first and second boss I was left to solo them as everyone died to easily avoidable mechanics. Also have had similar experiences in Heroic Zuls and also Grim Batol. I could understand maybe people not fulling understanding the new MoP heroics but how can you still not understand something thats 2 years old? I mean these instances have been nerfed into the ground like 10 times since Cata went live how can you still die in them?
    Wow content is the least demanding of any of the MMOs out there. Except for the end game raiding.

Only people who have played all of the others can see this.

The vast majority of content in Wow is old content, and like some posters have already pointed out, u can afk through it.

Also consider that the vast majority of Wow player base are the 'cry-babies' who complained about stuff being too hard and ask for it to get nerfed. Theyre also responsible for the 'free epics' mentality of Wow too. Basically Wow has been a free giveaway for a long time now. So people dont need to learn how to do the 'levelling dungeons' that ur talking about. They dont care about it. They just wanna get to high level asap and everything they do to get there is just in the way...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    This time a billion.

People need to get this idiotic notion out of their thick skulls that just because people log into WoW they know everything about everything. Even the standard pathetic "go read strats" its utter garbage because most of the time players need to see it in action for everything to click.

The WoW community really needs to quit acting like their time is so damn precious and raging whenever someone says they don't know a boss or whatever. If they had something better to do, they'd be doing it. Instead they are sitting on their ass playing a computer game.
    Agreed - to an extend. It shouldn´t be needed to go read strats in advance to do an instance, or raid. For raids it obviously helps (when you can), but not normal instances. It should however be expected that people know the abilities their class have, and how to use them. Such as its most likely stupid to mindlessly aoe the packs with two healers in throne of tides (at least if you aren´t interrupting the heals, or you don´t have enough dps to blast through it). Or similar cases, but it is ofc. far from all instances with such unforgiving mobs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Actually,the mobs would chase you all the way out of the instance - if you could make it that far.
    Shame there are still people who think they can run out, or have such a fear of a repair bill they try.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    One reason there are a lot of terrible players now, is because there are much younger children playing the game.

Some parents allow 8 and 9 year olds to play. One of them is my nephew, and he is quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen in my life, yet he still raids and does instances with his unholy DeathKnight, wearing tanking pants, no runeforge on his agility polearm, no professions and auto attacks. He has slowly learned a little, through constant insults from the community and a few things I harassed him about, like being in the right presence. He simply has no desire to really learn. He just likes the way the game looks and World PVP.

I'll log on when he's doing something else and try and correct some of his mistakes , but he's happy being a retard and wearing leather and mail because it looks cool. I cannot believe my brother lets him run instances and torture the community, but hey- it's his money. At least little derp isn't tanking anymore.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2013-01-13 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    One reason there are a lot of terrible players now, is because there are much younger children playing the game.

Some parents allow 8 and 9 year olds to play. One of them is my nephew, and he is quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen in my life, yet he still raids and does instances with his unholy DeathKnight, wearing tanking pants, no runeforge on his agility polearm, no professions and auto attacks. He has slowly learned a little, through constant insults from the community. He simply has no desire to really learn. He just likes the way the game looks and PVP.

I'll log on when he's doing something else and try and correct some of his mistakes , but he's happy being a retard and wearing leather and mail because it looks cool. I cannot believe my brother lets him run instances and torture the community, but hey- it's his money. At least little derp isn't tanking anymore.
    I literally just lol'ed at work reading this. Thank you for making my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    I literally just lol'ed at work reading this. Thank you for making my day.
    Haha NP

Deleted
    I used to be the kind of guy who would rant in guild chat about bad PuGers in a similar manner to this, but something happened recently that stopped it: I introduced both my fiance and her sister to WoW. neither of them has ever played a video game before, but both had a passing interest in fantasy stuff (LoTR, Vampire novels etc). both are older, professional women, and what began as an interest in WoW became a realisation that it shut down their brains for a couple of hours and was ideal for relaxing.

my fiance is level 90, her sister is level 35 or so last time I checked, and helping them to discover and play WoW has really opened my eyes to a lot of things we take for granted. consider the WoW advertising campaigns, they must snare a HUGE amount of people who haven't played MMOs or even any video games at all, and even with the WoW tutorial icons on, I never realised how utterly bewildering Azeroth can be. think about much information you are bombarded with on the UI. quest log, spellbook, talent page, character screen, bags, maps, calendars, the chat system, action bars, cooldowns, energy costs, mana costs, hotkeys. then think about how they see the world. who is another player? what does the silver dragon mean? what is a gold dragon? how can they recognise guards for opposing faction towns? why is that players name blue and that players name green? what is the point of a dungeon? what is a raid? what is PvP? what are professions? all the abbreviations and jargon we use is insane, and this is all before we even start talking about quests, respawns, what to do when you die, rotations, new abilities.

when I play with people I know who play WoW, my guild etc, everything is natural, but if you try explaining the difference between 'player versus player' and 'player versus environment' to a complete novice you really start to notice how much of our inherent skill and knowledge we now take for granted. levelling 1-85 is so easy now, new players get absolutely no time to get acclimatised to how the game works before they are at max level and looking at scenarios, dailies, heroics, battlegrounds, raids and achievements. if Blizzard makes low level quests too challenging to engage a new player into learning and understanding they will give up. if they are too easy they won't learn. if you are new to an MMO even something such as movement can be a challenging, trying to juggle that with holding a down 'rotation' and not standing in fire and interrupting really is hard, flustering and frustrating.

people who are experienced but just don't want to do anything for their loot is one thing, but remember a huge amount of the population either a) doesn't know they're doing anything wrong or b) are trying to perform but may need some time, no-one was the perfect player the first time they logged into WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about Mobs in the open world. They only follow you for what 10 seconds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'm talking about Mobs in the open world. They only follow you for what 10 seconds?
    If that. Some mobs seem like they'll follow you forever, while some seem like once you get 10 yards away they break aggro.

Apart from them dying, you said your self why they're so "bad".
    You soloed 2 bosses, meaning it's far too easy with the gear you can obtain now. To CC things that melts awa is just a way to be an annoying tank that makes things go slower than it has to.

Might feel wrong, but there's no need for it. CC was too hard, so they removed it. If you like it you can go challenge runs, at lvl 90 with some people you know. There you will have to CC, and follow mechanisms

To run outdated content and expect the people you encounter to treat it like anything else won't work at least <.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    If that. Some mobs seem like they'll follow you forever, while some seem like once you get 10 yards away they break aggro.
    Remember the days when mobs would run away at low health? Another thing removed to make it easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the days when mobs would run away at low health? Another thing removed to make it easier.
    Some still do.