Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I judge people who HAVE tattoos...I don't care what they are. Body piercings other than one in each ear, too. Damn rebels. /getoffmylawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    And it's exactly the reason why I find it wrong and disgusting. You can't fix flaws no matter how much makeup you put on it.. but adding changes with mood, with age, even with fashion. Why ruin your body permanently?
    When I got my left sleeve, it was a culmination of thought that extended nearly a decade and involved collected work that I wanted and felt represented my ideas perfectly. I paid dearly for it at an artist that I researched and thought could pull off the art style I wanted and had not only recommendations but magazine covers as well.

I don't care to convince you to change your belief, you are free to keep it as I am to mine, but my choice as I feel was anything but ruining my body.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    If you think something is 'disgusting and despicable' you obviously care about it. You dislike them so you judge people based off your bias. You think mutilation to make yourself look better is fine but not when it comes to expressing yourself. Who says what looks good? Your whole mindset is completely hypocritical and you are basing your opinion off ridiculous assumptions.

Unless you wear the same clothes everyday, no make up, don't do your hair, don't wear jewelry your opinion doesn't really make much sense.
    You still cant see the difference? If nature wasn't so generous or you didn't get the perfect genes, you're bound to have some flaws. Of course I don't think everyone should rush under a scalpel if their nose isn't perfect or lips are too narrow. I said within reason. If something really bothers you, if it makes you think you look ugly and everyone notices it about you and it lowers your self esteem, then why wouldn't it be ok to correct it, especially if it has no health risks?

Tattoos on the other hand are optional. Yes, it's like doing hair or wearing makeup or wearing different clothes even BUT these things aren't permanent! If you buy a stupid ring or it goes out of fashion in 10 years, you don't have to wear it any more. Not only that but none of the things you listed require self mutilation. For me it says having no respect for your body. Like cutting yourself. And thats it actually, I place it on the same level as cutting and find it equally disgusting for the exact same reasons.

Deleted
    of course i do but i'm aware that i'm an idiot for doing it. Unlike many others.

Think of it this way. There are judgemental people who make ridiculous inferences based on sporting a tattoo.

Thus,

Tattoo's = moron repellent

Everyone judges everyone based on their own personal taste, for some that would be tattoos, for some it would be specific tattoo in specific places.

We are all judgmental. Luckily most of us are aware we do it and don't make any serious decisions based on it.

You still cant see the difference? If nature wasn't so generous or you didn't get the perfect genes, you're bound to have some flaws. Of course I don't think everyone should rush under a scalpel if their nose isn't perfect or lips are too narrow. I said within reason. If something really bothers you, if it makes you think you look ugly and everyone notices it about you and it lowers your self esteem, then why wouldn't it be ok to correct it, especially if it has no health risks?

Tattoos on the other hand are optional. Yes, it's like doing hair or wearing makeup or wearing different clothes even BUT these things aren't permanent! If you buy a stupid ring or it goes out of fashion in 10 years, you don't have to wear it any more. Not only that but none of the things you listed require self mutilation. For me it says having no respect for your body. Like cutting yourself. And thats it actually, I place it on the same level as cutting and find it equally disgusting for the exact same reasons.
    My point is this: both are optional. If nature wasn't generous with a certain attribute, you are just like 100% of everybody else. Everyone has something about themselves that they wish was different. Instead of accepting their differences, some people want to change them.

Yes. Short Anwser.

Reasoning - Depends on what it is. And since there's so many to choose from. Its situational for me to judge what I think of you.

To be honest yeah I do.

Mostly because I've got to ponder just how someone could be so massively stupid that they would be willing to have a permanent image on their body that will naturally become misshapen/disfigured/discolored as they age.

That said the images are normally pretty artistic so why draw them on a medium that's eventually just going to shrivel up degrading the value of the work.

10+ Year Old Account

Tattoos on the other hand are optional. Yes, it's like doing hair or wearing makeup or wearing different clothes even BUT these things aren't permanent! If you buy stupid ring or it goes out of fashion in 10 years, you don't have to wear it any more. Not only that but none of the things you listed require self mutilation. For me it says having no respect for your body. Like cutting yourself. And thats it actually, I place it on the same level as cutting and find it equally disgusting for the exact same reasons.
    1. Plastic surgery has a ton of health risks while tattoos and piercings have very little.
    2. They are both cosmetic changes. Just because YOU dislike the look of tattoos doesn't mean everyone else does. To many it is the same as tweaking their look with plastic surgery.

Plastic surgery isn't optional and tattoos can't be removed? People don't get tattoos then self loath about them, they like them. The same way someone who gets plastic surgery would like themselves. The fact that you place it in the same place as cutting clearly shows you really have no grasp on what tattoos or piercings are or mean.

There is no point arguing. You are as hypocritical as can possibly and can't see it due to bias so looking at another point of view obviously isn't going to happen. 'Mutilation and disgusting', if you can't see how insanely biased you have to be to not be able to argue a point without those words I don't know what to tell you.

hypocrite much?

my body is covered in shark tattoos all themed as i am a avid protector of the ocean

Deleted
    No I don't because judging people by their tattoos is fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    No I don't because judging people by their tattoos is fucking retarded.
    so true sir many surgeons doctors ect have them does it mean there not the same person or doing the same job? its body art simple as that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I only judge military personnel stupid enough to get tattoos. When i was in the military tattoos where a huge "NONO!" due to being caught, they'll easily use the tats against you. Good luck telling terrorists you're not a soldier but a simple news reporter when you have "USMC HOOAH!" written on your back.
    Wrong you can only have 1/3 of the exposed skin tattooed that was the rules from 2000-2006 cant say right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    People who have akward tattos or peircings (face, neck, forearms) I do judge. I look at them and can only feel they have no goals in life and are fine residing at the lowest levels of society.

lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    1. Plastic surgery has a ton of health risks while tattoos and piercings have very little.
    2. They are both cosmetic changes. Just because YOU dislike the look of tattoos doesn't mean everyone else does. To many it is the same as tweaking their look with plastic surgery.

Plastic surgery isn't optional and tattoos can't be removed? People don't get tattoos then self loath about them, they like them. The same way someone who gets plastic surgery would like themselves. The fact that you place it in the same place as cutting clearly shows you really have no grasp on what tattoos or piercings are or mean.

There is no point arguing. You are as hypocritical as can possibly and can't see it due to bias so looking at another point of view obviously isn't going to happen. 'Mutilation and disgusting', if you can't see how insanely biased you have to be to not be able to argue a point without those words I don't know what to tell you.
    Hypocritical? Maybe I don't get these people then and they really feel ugly and have low self esteem because they don't have tattoos. Is that what you're saying?

Otherwise, Im fairly certain you placed tattoos in the same category as makeup, jewelery, clothes etc. One is fixing a flaw, the other is vanity. And yes, I find putting ink permanently under your skin or making holes there for metal bolts too extreme for vanity reason only.

Quote Originally Posted by DWguild View Post
    Think of it this way. There are judgemental people who make ridiculous inferences based on sporting a tattoo.

Thus,

Tattoo's = moron repellent
    Yeah i see that the same way with my hair dyeing, im a guy and i have had every color, yes, even pink.
    Has kept bigots and judgmental people at bay, quite awesome.
    For working purposes, cover it if there is a problem with employee, but my work usually has people with their eyes closed so doesnt matter much :P

Wish people stopped judging so much based on artifact behaviours learned from parents/local population and never questioned.

Do I judge them based on their tattoos? Hell. Yes. Do I feel guilty about it? Of course not.

A tattoo is a visual display. It's no different than the clothing someone puts on or any other personal vanity that they accessorize with. The guy who is walking around with his pants hanging off his ass is doing so on purpose. He believes it says something about himself that he wants other people to know. The same can be said about the guy who decides having a tattoo wrapping around his face is a good thing.

Point being; if you present something to public view, expect to have it added to the list of what we will judge you by. Whether that judging is positive, negative, or neutral is up to the individual.