Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Clever use of mechanics, not cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Ruthers doesn't get the healing buff though
    If everyone summons their lost puppies!

Deleted
    It literally shortens down the fight by more than half of it's intended duration. Get real, this is an exploit that takes every bit of challenge out of the encounter.
    Whatever, just kind of bums me out the designers can't be on top of this a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    It literally shortens down the fight by more than half of it's intended duration. Get real, this is an exploit that takes every bit of challenge out of the encounter.
    Whatever, just kind of bums me out the designers can't be on top of this a bit more.
    The game has become far too big for blizzard to be able to catch every little bug that involves the interaction between multiple abilities and various mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    There is a way to get around 200+ pets, although would not like to spoil. But interesting tactics you choose, thanks for the share
    Sounds interesting We were joking about giong 25 man and taking 20 hunters for ~600 pets, but can you actually get 200 pets from a single player? We tried the Scarab Pendant but those weren't healable, and Ruthers would follow the player who summoned it, so only the shaman could really make use of it. Regardless, the amount isn't that important, as long as a single hunter pops double snake trap + stampede it should be more than enough to heal it up - on 25 man you might want another hunter unless you know how to summon 200

We killed it the reset before using a "legit" strat. I can see the problem in guilds getting their first kills this way, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The game has become far too big for blizzard to be able to catch every little bug that involves the interaction between multiple abilities and various mechanics
    Yup, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    We killed it the reset before using a "legit" strat. I can see the problem in guilds getting their first kills this way, though.
    Well, that's kind of the crappy part about this is guilds bypassing one of the real challenging fights that felt very fun and rewarding when you managed to down it. This bug is nothing different than simply not having a boss in Tsulongs place for the guilds still progressing this tier. On one hand i don't actually care much since i've finished the content, on the other hand it's disappointing to see decent guilds immediately jump on this without second thought.
    Last edited by mmoc2a162f1935; 2013-01-15 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember dreamwalker in ICC and using hunter pets for pretty much the same thing? Yeah, blizz wont overlook this, it'll get hotfixed.
    I, however, do enjoy clever mechanics like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    nice method and workings out, it stil doesn't beat paladin vs kazak in classic but comes close.

I believe this is already fixed as we tried it out on normal mode about 8 hours ago on U.S. servers. Or perhaps we did it wrong. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

It's clever use of mechanics, not an exploit that would require banning. That said, I'd expect it to be hotfixed very shortly.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Remember dreamwalker in ICC and using hunter pets for pretty much the same thing? Yeah, blizz wont overlook this, it'll get hotfixed.
    I, however, do enjoy clever mechanics like this.
    I would say this is significantly different or more "broken" than that example.

Might want to stop with the defamation a little here.

It is not cheating, they are using the game as programmed by Blizzard.

Now you may redirect that rage to the lack of good Q&A from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Sounds interesting We were joking about giong 25 man and taking 20 hunters for ~600 pets, but can you actually get 200 pets from a single player? We tried the Scarab Pendant but those weren't healable, and Ruthers would follow the player who summoned it, so only the shaman could really make use of it. Regardless, the amount isn't that important, as long as a single hunter pops double snake trap + stampede it should be more than enough to heal it up - on 25 man you might want another hunter unless you know how to summon 200

So are you saying Ruthers did work and take heals? Because if you didn't know, he's currently bugged that you can... well, basically have a Yak Army. And not like, army of the dead sized army, like.... far far larger. So if he does take heals, you could easily hit that 600 number. But I think you've shown with 1 hunter's worth of pets that it'd be mostly pointless... aside from just seeing how high the healing could go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Clever use of mechanics, not cheating.
    It most definitely is cheating and I really believe it's grounds for suspension if Blizzard decides to do that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Might want to stop with the defamation a little here.

It is not cheating, they are using the game as programmed by Blizzard.

Now you may redirect that rage to the lack of good Q&A from Blizzard.
    They are using the game in a way that it was never intended to be used as in the first place; knowing that well enough...so yeah...
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2013-01-15 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    It most definitely is cheating and I really believe it's grounds for suspension if Blizzard decides to do that.
    Why in the face of such facts ppl are still keeping that type of stance?

Why are you refusing to understand the difference between exploiting/cheating and using the mechanics put in place by blizzard programmers?
    ( Which pass their Q&A btw )

What is your agenda? Jealous that they did it before you? Angry at not doing the research and finding that blog post first and "exploiting" it for your own gain?
    Last edited by ipaq; 2013-01-15 at 04:21 PM.

Why in the face of such facts ppl are still keeping that type of stance?

Why are you refusing to understand the difference between exploiting/cheating and using the mechanics put in place by blizzard programmers?
    ( Which pass their Q&A btw )

What is your agenda? Jealous that they did it before you? Angry at not doing the research and finding that blog post first and "exploiting" it for your own gain?
    You make it sound like world first race is still going on... >_> it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 04:17 PM ----------

They are using the game in a way that it was never intended to be used as in the first place; knowing that well enough...so yeah...
    So which type are you? Jealous -or- Angry?

Because you're still refusing to understand how this work and you keep defaming those that used that mechanics with false statements.

PS: If the game was never intended to be used that way... why can we use it that way?

Deleted
    So which type are you? Jealous -or- Angry?

Because you're still refusing to understand how this work and you keep defaming those that used that mechanics with false statements.

PS: If the game was never intended to be used that way... why can we use it that way?
    With your very mature attitude Nothing is cheating/exploiting a bug because it's able to be done in game.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    With your very mature attitude Nothing is cheating/exploiting a bug because it's able to be done in game.
    It is.

You don't want player to use a mechanic, you don't put it in game.

PS: Are you having an issue with the definition of maturity? You can repeat, ad nauseam, a false statement, at the end it will still be false.