Thread: I love dailies

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Dailies are not an issue at all, this game has fucking had dailies since TBC and WILL continue to have them, its a FANTASTIC way to continue a story if they go by the 5.1 model. People who did every single fucking dailie every single day at release are eaither compulsive and CANT control thier play or are seriously dumb, if you were doing them because you wanted the gear, and you did ALL of them EVERY SINLGE DAY you are dumb, you CANT buy several pieces per week because of the cap. As a matter of fact, you cant even buy 1 piece in 1 giving week because of the cap, meaning theres no fucking point in doing them every single day, unless you actually enjoy them and enjoy the easy gold or something.

I hope they keep adding more if they will add top nouch story development like 5.1, the people that are angry because of them, WILL STILL be angry and I hope to god blizzard doesnt give a shit about them.

/endrant
    This is the only time where other things you needed to do the game where behind the dailies though. Also, YOU do not get the right to tell me I am dumb or stupid because I choose to play a different way than you. I personally did every quest hub every day so that I could be done with dailies. I've been done for over a month on EVERY faction and I'm enjoying not having to worry about it. You on the other hand are still doing dailies and will still be doing the dailies when the next patch releases. Then what? You clearly didn't maximize yourself for your raid since you won't be done and you'll stop and move on to the higher ilevel pieces.

Like I said, I did every daily hub every day and you know what? I /STILL/ /HATE/ dailies. I did them because I wanted the stuff behind them but just because I did that doesn't mean I like them or that its a good way of gating content or design philosophy. You can like them and love them, I don't and you don't get to tell me I'm wrong for my opinion.

I continue to claim that the reason EVERYTHING is gated behind dailies is to force players into more game time. I'm not saying this is wrong, for Blizz it's a brilliant move, it makes them more money and they are a business but don't even attempt to claim it is better for the game. Whether you cap rep in a dungeon or by doing dailies the ONLY difference is dailies take longer meaning more money for Blizz. People being out in the world, doesn't affect crap in terms of the game. More time = more money. That's really all there is too it.

You are not alone in liking dailies. That doesn't mean it's a good game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind dailies just as long as there's some other way to still be earning rep. The rep grind doesn't bother me, the fact that it's GATED bothers me a lot. They kind of started up this model on the Molten Front in Cata, where the only way to get Avengers of Hyjal rep was to do the dailies or raid Firelands.

I didn't like that because I still had a lot of time to invest into the game even though I wasn't able to go to Firelands. I would have been more than happy to do some turn-in quests or grind mobs or something to be able to raise that rep. But...I couldn't. It was dailies and raiding or nothing.

I think that is one advantage of the older expansions, you could always go kill mobs or turn in cloth or run dungeons or something to raise a rep. It wasn't so much as it began to be in 4.2 with you hitting a glass ceiling every day and then wondering why you were still logged in after you finished your dailies every day. It almost started to feel like a chore.

Hell, I was even asking for content that didn't even reward any gear, just something fresh to do. Throw some new quest chains in there or give us some class-specific quests or something...Eventually in MoP they took a lot of steps in that direction and it's been better, but there's still that kind of malaise that comes from not being a top tier raider, you feel a bit ignored and under-appreciated by Blizzard, but still, MoP was a huge step in the right direction towards fixing that feeling and it's way better than Cataclysm in that regard.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-01-17 at 02:04 PM.