10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Kept this a little quiet for a bit because I wasn't sure if I was getting lucky with meta procs or not (plus it could have gotten changed during ptr), but you guys should really try the Surging glyph and hardcasting it as a filler for chi when people are an appropriate health level. It is very strong for spot heals, and a hell of a lot better than soom spam lol
    I actually use it on Live now whenever I know I will be getting a chance to Fistweave a decent amount of time. Even without 5 stacks to make it free, 3-4 stacks it goes off fast, hits who you want and is actually pretty cheap. Feels way more fluid when Fistweaving than stopping to hardcast a Soothing/Enveloping combo, anyway.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Kept this a little quiet for a bit because I wasn't sure if I was getting lucky with meta procs or not (plus it could have gotten changed during ptr), but you guys should really try the Surging glyph and hardcasting it as a filler for chi when people are an appropriate health level. It is very strong for spot heals, and a hell of a lot better than soom spam lol
    You mean you guys didn't know about this? You don't even really need to glyph it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I also like the controlled burst of using the Spirit for Surging Mist for guaranteed, fast chi generation, as opposed to crit affecting your overall throughput.
    ^Posted in the MW Theorycrafters thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    You mean you guys didn't know about this? You don't even really need to glyph it.

^Posted in the MW Theorycrafters thread.
    Glyphing is kinda the point though, smart heal > constant decision making, and I doubt you use it as a hardcasting filler without soom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    No. We'll be sat. Resto Shaman + Resto Druids just destroy everything here.

It might be the item level but the Resto Druid was seeing 130k Rejuv crits (avg 52k heal) and the Shaman was seeing 200k HR crits (avg 40k heal) compared to my 135k Uplifts (avg 29k heal) and 20k ReMs (avg heal 3.5k). We're really bad on this fight, and this is a fight where Shaman get max 5~ people in their HR.
    idk, im keeping up fine but it's annoying seeing tides doing 3 million when revival can hit maybe a million

Glyphing is kinda the point though, smart heal > constant decision making, and I doubt you use it as a hardcasting filler without soom

- - - Updated - - -

idk, im keeping up fine but it's annoying seeing tides doing 3 million when revival can hit maybe a million
    I'm keeping up too, but we're still going to be sat on progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    I'm keeping up too, but we're still going to be sat on progress.
    if your keeping up in 10 man you should be fine in 25 where we scale better due to lack of dr on ReM and uplift

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    if your keeping up in 10 man you should be fine in 25 where we scale better due to lack of dr on ReM and uplift
    Or you log a Shaman in ilvl 525 gear and do more healing than your MW. It's the reality. We're amazing on some fights, we're terrible on others. This is a fight where we're terrible.

When I need a lot of chi and the raid's pretty even, I do, but again I'm in a 10m so the "decision" part isn't really hard since I can see the raid's health at a glance.

Example: Normal mode Lei Shen intermission after a big hit to my 3-person group, when something's gone wrong. Say you're at 3 chi, then I'd sometimes do something like Uplift EH Uplift HardSurge(raider1) HardSurge(raider2) Uplift, and then people are topped off for whatever. If you try to SooM-SM each person then you actually get the third uplift off much slower.

More often, though, in more general situations, I target someone in need of healing without ReM on them and SooM-SM(-SM) -> Uplift which works very well to even out my aoe healing for 10m.

maybe i'm just not the best at mana management (or my guild's dps doesn't kill bosses fast enough) but hard casting or using surging much at all w/o tiger palm stacks would oom me for sure. when exactly are you guys seeing use for this, how is this not killing your mana, and what glyph do you change out?

Quote Originally Posted by womd View Post
    maybe i'm just not the best at mana management (or my guild's dps doesn't kill bosses fast enough) but hard casting or using surging much at all w/o tiger palm stacks would oom me for sure. when exactly are you guys seeing use for this, how is this not killing your mana, and what glyph do you change out?
    My guess would spamming surging mist when you have a LMG proc, and you don't need to use a MM proc for mana on the boss.

Deleted
    I'm changing out Zen Med (keeping ReM and MT) and if you are going to be playing like this i suggest you don't go ham on it at fist unless you're sitting at the higher end of the crit scale.

Deleted
    1) new nerf on the +crit/haste trinket, now only giving 7% in normal mode ilvl on PTR
    the bis 1 month ago is slowly becoming the worst , because the cleave trinket and the multistrike trinket tend to do some very good amount of heal

2)Let's wait for the numbers tweaking which will very probably nerf healing rain or rejuvenation

ATM there's just only 1 10 man compo : rdruid/rsham/disci ( if raiding with 3 heal to start the tier)

What's wrong with monks and Klaxxi? I felt great on that one. I kept up tanks, I outhealed the AoE, spammed some Surgings... I love my class!

Quote Originally Posted by Yonie View Post
    What's wrong with monks and Klaxxi? I felt great on that one. I kept up tanks, I outhealed the AoE, spammed some Surgings... I love my class!
    We're okay on it. Other classes are stronger.

On progression if your class is "okay" that equals getting sat.

Well that's not really a secret :-) I've been running Manatea/ReM/Surgeing - Glyphs as my standard comp the whole ToT raid.
    Surgeing is a great glyph. slightly changes the function of the spell, gaining a smartheal component, at barely no downsides (you can still direct it with Sooth).
    Even if it's cast time is only 1sec, a lot can happen in that time, and your chosen target may get some other heals in that time, while other players took damage and need the heals more desperatly. Glpyh will take care of that :-)
    you just always have do use Soothing in advance if you're trying to heal a critical target (i.e. tank). If you cast Sooth+Surge, the Surge will land at the same time as a hardcasted Surge anyway, so you don't loose any time. (just the additional global)

I use it often for Chi-Gen during LMG proccs. The thing is, often enough Mana is not a huge concern, even if you don't Jab-TP x2 during LMG proccs, and you're better off doing some free heals + getting some Chi for Uplifts. (or/and CJL for damage + random Chi-gen)
    It's also a good filler spell for EH/ReM + Surge -> Uplift for some fast Uplifts when shit is hitting the fan, and SCK is inappropirate (which it is often enough in 10m)

Deleted
    the change on manatead definitivly made me changed this glyph on ptr

I prefer, with the 0.5sec/stack instead of 1sec , channeling the tea, and mananing my own regen windows, than being forced to mana tea every 10sec

This is even more true with lot of critical score, when i cannot spend manatea faster than i build it^^

I'm in a 10m and our dps isn't that great either. I just run 11k spirit with LMG and for trinkets, Valor and Lei Shen trinkets, ~540 avg ilvl. I wasn't talking about doing this all the time, rotationally. More like for required burst if you're having trouble with a dangerous aoe phase (or falling behind in healing due to derps). I also did the latter tactic (targetting someone without ReM on them) for Normal Durumu progression during a rough light cone phase for example, a mechanic which only happens a couple times per fight in the first place. The Lei Shen intermission only happens twice per fight, and I only needed that large amount of HPS once or twice during the first intermission if people derped with Diffusion Chain.

Basically it's a technique that should be used sparingly when you absolutely need that extra HPS (or if you find yourself having too much mana I suppose, to save other healers' mana).

If your co-healers are good at spot healing and good at aoe you may not need this technique, and thus could drop your Spirit for Crit, but I find it very useful and keep some extra Spirit in my pocket just so it's available.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2013-08-11 at 06:48 AM.

so caster or healer legendary cloak? I won't have the money to switch in 5.4 if it ends up costing gold :/

Quote Originally Posted by burmaben View Post
    so caster or healer legendary cloak? I won't have the money to switch in 5.4 if it ends up costing gold :/
    The healing cloak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonie View Post
    Eh, it was fine because it lended to our spread healing but our shaman still managed to dominate. Why one class has so much utility is beyond me...

Quote Originally Posted by burmaben View Post
    If you don't have the money to buy another cloak you may as well go with the healer cloak at this point. The caster cloak is miles better stats wise, but the healing cloak proc next patch is going to outshine the better stats on the caster cloak IMO.