Has anyone found a way to stop the camera from snapping into a new position, when you channel soothing mist on someone? It's not always an issue, but on some encounters I like my camera a certain way, and it's annoying how soothing mist changes it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttanoos View Post
    Has anyone found a way to stop the camera from snapping into a new position, when you channel soothing mist on someone? It's not always an issue, but on some encounters I like my camera a certain way, and it's annoying how soothing mist changes it.
    If you keep a mousebutton down, not over your UI, your camera shouldn't change regardless what happens (unless giant walls suddenly get placed).

Might be annoying after first clicking/mouseovering (?) someone, but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saveiro View Post
    If you keep a mousebutton down, not over your UI, your camera shouldn't change regardless what happens (unless giant walls suddenly get placed).

Might be annoying after first clicking/mouseovering (?) someone, but it works for me.
    I use Vuhdo frames and click them to cast spells. If I hold down a mousebutton, my cursor dissapears, and I can't click to cast. Once I start my channel I can move the camera back to where I want it, but sometimes I spam soothing left and right and my camera just snaps around here and there and everywhere.

Deleted
    /console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0

Quote Originally Posted by Stormieh View Post
    /console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0
    Thanks a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    i did a full clear of the bguild at about Ilvl 525-530 gear, not 2 hard.
    Just curious: Including the Collect Your Deck bosses? I did it just recently at 572 self-buffed only, found the archaeology vase boss way tighter than ahooru since we have so much healing. Nibbleh at 572 was not hard, just nontrivial. You can't just roll around and CJL the whole fight ftw (I did this with Hexos, literally like 90% CJL, makes paying attention easy)

- - - Updated - - -

So, new topic: For the first time I'm doing Heroic 25-man. As many of you know, I'm normally a 10N/H raider. It's taking me a bit of adjusting (also because I'm no longer hardcore carrying heals).

The point: Looking for advice from 25-man Mistweavers, especially any of you who switched from 10-man.
    1. General advice, anything that comes to mind
    2. T30 talents: When to pick Chi Burst and Chi Wave? 10H was almost always Chi Wave except Chi Burst for like Galakras for p2 and IJ for p2. I got a lot of supposed healing from it on 25H Malkorok, 12% of total healing from basically using it on melee on cooldown, but it that really that effective? 25 is a bit disorienting, so it's hard to tell.
    3. When fights do you guys use the Cleave trinket? I've been trying it out, getting good numbers on like 25H Protectors or 25H Norushen or 25H Galakras but even 25H Malkorok, when we spread out a bit, was like "nope, 2.8% of total healing" whereas my multistrike trinket is 6% average in theory. Many of the fights this tier seem to actually have 25-man raids still super spread out. It surprised me a bit. Immerseus, Sha of Pride (Vox Immortalis strategy)? Way too spread.

Heal comp if relevant: 2 Holy Paladins, 1 Resto Sham, Me, +offheals another Resto Shaman when needed
    (yay no disc? :P at least yay for my fun, maybe not yay for raid progression)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Snip
    1. Throw everything you know about healing into the toilet. 25 man is much more about keeping the raid alive then in 10 man where it's more about keeping people alive.
    2. Chi burst is amazing for every fight. Chi wave situationally can be used on sha, iron jug, shamans, nazgrim, spoils, siege, and paragons. With paragons, siege and nazgrim being the most likely to be used on, but even then chi burst is better most of the time (esp with 2 holy pallies).
    3. just use common sense cleave when the raid will be stacked for most of the fight, multi otherwise.

Other notes:
    RJW is pretty much a must on every fight, unless you can make excessive use of chi torpedo or are FW.
    Oh FWing is pretty much useless unless you are looking to rank as a dd MW. Even full on dpsing for an entire fight will only shorten it by ~5 or so seconds So unless you are really hitting enrage timers I would say save your mana and focus on mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    -----
    I did all but mingus, dippy and doppy, and razorfin. I doubt i could do mingus at that ilvl, others i just did not want 2 grind out.

I would say rjw is not 100% required, xuen is decent as well. Also simple things like dampen harm on thok and ring of peace on spoils matter a lot more. Other then that I feel like drunk pretty much nailed it.
    Last edited by Entropy; 2014-05-21 at 09:40 PM.

1: Welcome to the League of Snipers, your goal is to heal people from 90 to 100% before the other healers. DPS the Grid with healing.
    2: Personally I either use Chi Burst because it's strong on the fight or Zen Sphere for cloak procs, never Wave.
    3: Multistrike trinket is trash, Cleave trinket all the way for HPS. It's easily in the 8-9% range for Malkorok so you are probably doing something wrong.

Count yourself lucky for not playing with a Disc priest. Personally I take Xuen on most fights, RJW I only used on Norushen progression, and keep using on Thok. Might have used for Garrosh, but welcome to kite city (not that I'm complaining though).

Or you do like me, and raid on your priest alt until the end of the xpac spamming divine star and cry how easy it is compared to a monk to get better results.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    1. Throw everything you know about healing into the toilet. 25 man is much more about keeping the raid alive then in 10 man where it's more about keeping people alive.
    2. Chi burst is amazing for every fight. Chi wave situationally can be used on sha, iron jug, shamans, nazgrim, spoils, siege, and paragons. With paragons, siege and nazgrim being the most likely to be used on, but even then chi burst is better most of the time (esp with 2 holy pallies).
    3. just use common sense cleave when the raid will be stacked for most of the fight, multi otherwise.

Other notes:
    RJW is pretty much a must on every fight, unless you can make excessive use of chi torpedo or are FW.
    Oh FWing is pretty much useless unless you are looking to rank as a dd MW. Even full on dpsing for an entire fight will only shorten it by ~5 or so seconds So unless you are really hitting enrage timers I would say save your mana and focus on mechanics.
    Thanks!
    1. Gathered that, but I'm not sure I grasp all the implications yet...
    2. That's a lot of fights for "situationally" XD. What do you mean, exactly?
    3. I figured it would be great for loose-stack fights, too? But it seems there aren't many of those situations...

"Stop fistweaving" is good advice, I suppose... I wrecked dps meters on 25H galakras but who the shit cares about that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    1: Welcome to the League of Snipers, your goal is to heal people from 90 to 100% before the other healers. DPS the Grid with healing.
    Thanks to you too, for replying! Especially because I think you might not like me that much because of all the shit I gave you about challenge modes :P Or maybe you're giving me malicious mallard advice? XD jk.

Anyway, this was basically how it was for the first 8 bosses. I felt like cleanup. It was kinda boring.

2: Personally I either use Chi Burst because it's strong on the fight or Zen Sphere for cloak procs, never Wave.
    Why, because the explosions are likely to actually hit a few people? Is this not a minority opinion, though? (Too many globals to keep up was one of the more subtle complaints I've heard)

3: Multistrike trinket is trash, Cleave trinket all the way for HPS. It's easily in the 8-9% range for Malkorok so you are probably doing something wrong.
    We're purposefully ranged-heavy on that fight, FTR, and I stand at range to help soak pools and orbs, so I'm not using SCK/RJW on melee and tanks, or anything. But I'll give it another try next lockout and see if I get better numbers out of it. Maybe I just had a few unlucky parses.

Count yourself lucky for not playing with a Disc priest.
    Yep! :P

Personally I take Xuen on most fights, RJW I only used on Norushen progression, and keep using on Thok. Might have used for Garrosh, but welcome to kite city (not that I'm complaining though).
    Running with Xuen on Thok right now. I might try RJW tonight. I was concerned that it might just be meter-pad healing, and for the few roars that when we're actually struggling to keep people up, thinking Xuen would help more. It's not very clear. We've all had this debate before, but I was never convinced fully one way or the other (though I recall arguing strongly in favor of Xuen as devil's advocate, and leaning in that direction :P). He was about 8.5% of my non-cleave-trinket, non-revival healing in the first stack phase, it seems.

RJW would obviously help my fixate-poison-phase numbers, though (the only fixate phase that seemed challenging, besides fire). Maybe save other healers' mana? Hmm.

Would also take some additional adjusting, since I basically always used Xuen in my 10H to help with dps, so if it's close, I've been preferring Xuen until I get used to healing 25s in the first place...
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-05-22 at 08:55 PM.

I don't usually ZS on CD and it lasts 16 seconds so for me the GCD usage feels very similar to wave. I'm not a huge fan of either for 25 man anyway, but if I use them it's because I want to the DPS cloak to proc, and sphere is better for that. Sphere can do some good numbers on Norushen or Thok, but I'd rather have burst for the control it offers. If DPS cloak wasn't a thing I'd run Burst on every fight. But as you said yourself this is most likely a minority opinion.

For Malkorok I don't SCK/RJW at all, just torpedo/burst the melee. I think it's a waste to have a MW doing ranged soaking, since we can heal from melee and have range for everyone, more so if you are ranged heavy. Nazgrim trinket was only ~4% for me on my best attempts however when I tried it.

My reasoning behind RJW vs Xuen is weather I'm going to be spamming SCK or not, and on both Norushen and Thok you spend a huge ammount of the time using it.

I don't usually ZS on CD and it lasts 16 seconds so for me the GCD usage feels very similar to wave. I'm not a huge fan of either for 25 man anyway, but if I use them it's because I want to the DPS cloak to proc, and sphere is better for that. Sphere can do some good numbers on Norushen or Thok, but I'd rather have burst for the control it offers. If DPS cloak wasn't a thing I'd run Burst on every fight. But as you said yourself this is most likely a minority opinion.

For Malkorok I don't SCK/RJW at all, just torpedo/burst the melee. I think it's a waste to have a MW doing ranged soaking, since we can heal from melee and have range for everyone, more so if you are ranged heavy. Nazgrim trinket was only ~4% for me on my best attempts however when I tried it.

My reasoning behind RJW vs Xuen is weather I'm going to be spamming SCK or not, and on both Norushen and Thok you spend a huge ammount of the time using it.
    Here's an idea; I'll just play with RJW on H Norushen, where we're not gunna wipe anyway, and see if I like it and get some practice. Regardless, with everyone focused tonight we wrecked Thok, so it wasn't an issue, really. I decided to go with Chi Burst. It just seemed too strong for the "oops, someone missed their CD" moments; meanwhile Zen Sphere is exploding at the wrong times, potentially.

As for Malkorok, I was concerned that healing the tits off of melee would largely be "overheal." The ranged's shields are, at the least, more important, since they get spiked more often, both unavoidably and avoidably. Edit: Oh, also, not just soaking pools, but soaking orbs with Diffuse and Zen Med glyphed, I meant. Could always leave melee to do that when I have cooldowns up, though, so that's kind of an aside. Raid Leader wanted me soaking, anyway.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-05-23 at 05:06 AM.

greetings :3
    Last edited by borisshayo; 2014-08-01 at 11:30 PM.

That's the price of 25 man raiding, you went from the best healer (10) to the worst healer (25), which is pretty much because Thunder Focus Tea used to cover all the raid, now it doesn't.

Well, and other things.

Right now your only hope is to snipe as much heals as you can with Rushing Jade Wind, or to simply give up and focus on maximizing your dps until 6.0 hits. Malkorok is pretty much your only fun fight in SoO as a monk. (Thok is also a lot easier as a monk, stupid interrupts)
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

The fistweaving spot confused me. The basic rotation for Fistweaving is Jab > Palm > Jab > Palm...ect..ect... Use Blackout just for aoe?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

We have a monk in our raid group (25m) who refuses to FW yet complains he's low on the healing meter all the time.

I keep telling him that he's gimping us by not even attempting to FW and they just flat out refuse to believe me (sigh god damn you noxxic...). I'm pretty sure one of the big draws of MW monk was to FW AND heal correct?

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    We have a monk in our raid group (25m) who refuses to FW yet complains he's low on the healing meter all the time.

I keep telling him that he's gimping us by not even attempting to FW and they just flat out refuse to believe me (sigh god damn you noxxic...). I'm pretty sure one of the big draws of MW monk was to FW AND heal correct?
    Tell him to read http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/monk and count how many times it says "heal" and "do damage" simultaneously and that if he didn't want to ever have to do that he shouldn't have picked the Monk class to heal as, or at least should have known what he was getting into.

That said, there are times when fistweaving is not useful and there are times when it is useful, it depends on the circumstances. To object to ever even attempting to fistweave though is to wholly ignore the class and what it says on the official WoW website the spec is supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post

Noting also what Total said, this was also further up the same page you posted on:

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    I'd comment on it, like agree, disagree, or qualify, but I was the one asking for advice, healing serious 25s for the first time. :P

If you want him to pull higher numbers, though? That's not what fistweaving does. Correct me if you think I'm wrong, guys, but FWing is nearly always an HPS loss. He's low on meters probably because Mistweaver gets sniped a lot in 25s. I wouldn't worry about it. He's probably doing well rotationally.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-05-29 at 06:59 AM.

I've had to break all habits of fistweaving for our switch to 25s which makes me a sad panda. I think so far the only fight where it was really feasible to do that was spoils since you're sorta healing a 10 man and you've got one other healer to back you up and fill in the spots you don't catch. Snap shotting trinkets/meta gems with CJL still does some decent damage and when the raid's size is halved its something, but certainly not as amazing as it was for 10 man.

We're not at the level where our newly formed healer core is stable enough for me to nap and fistweave/CJL spam so the little bursts I get are just because nothings going on right now. That said, I'm effectively relearning how to play it feels like woo!
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature