Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I noticed this a while back too

Just as soon as my guild finally learns to dance or maybe follows my proposed strategy, we'll back on Luce's tail for progression
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I noticed this a while back too

Just as soon as my guild finally learns to dance or maybe follows my proposed strategy, we'll back on Luce's tail for progression
    Hehehehe

Question:

I never use Garrote that much. When in stealth i use ambush to break out.
    Is that bad? Trying to figure out when Garrote should be used?

Thanks
    Last edited by Daax; 2013-01-17 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epictankz View Post
    Question:

I never use Garrote that much. When in stealth i use ambush to break out.
    Is that bad? Trying to figure out when Garrote should be used?

Thanks
    Never. Garrote is terrible and should never be used unless blizzard designs an encounter where the silence would be useful.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    If this were the case, then why is it that I can't find a single high-end rogue that isn't at or near the expertise cap as assassination?

Now granted, they aren't reforging into expertise, but they are not allowing themselves to reforge out of it, below the cap either. The numbers and the math may be there to support not capping expertise, but whenever I see the overwhelming majority doing something different, it makes me wonder why?
    On high-end gear there's an insane amount of expertise which is also relatively easy to cap. This summed to the fact that for mastery you reforge out of the highest of the two stat (which is usually haste or crit) leads to many ogue being expertise capped.

Capping expertise is not a bad thing - it's still a dps increase. Just you don't aim to it, if it happens by other means, it's good. I also started with bas gear but the moe upgrades i get, the more expertise i can retain.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    On high-end gear there's an insane amount of expertise which is also relatively easy to cap. This summed to the fact that for mastery you reforge out of the highest of the two stat (which is usually haste or crit) leads to many ogue being expertise capped.

Capping expertise is not a bad thing - it's still a dps increase. Just you don't aim to it, if it happens by other means, it's good. I also started with bas gear but the moe upgrades i get, the more expertise i can retain.
    I tend to agree with this, I got 3 new upgrades yesturday. Followed the reforge with Shadowcraft. My Expertise is higher than it was, as the new gear has more expertise, but its still not at cap yet, so with more upgrades i will hit exp cap at some point.

I have also noticed a DPS increase when following SC reforging info, some fights i can push 110k with my current gear.

Thanks again for all the tips guys.
    Im currently #1 / 2 on the Damage & DPS meters for almost all of our fights now, and I have lesser gear that most in raid.

Deleted
    Some small things that might help out.

Keep the 489 dagger in main hand, not the 483.

Dont use garrote in PvE

Get timers/bars or something for SnD, Envenom, Rupture.

#showtooltip Shiv
    /cast Shiv
    /use Throw

That is my Throw macro, i keep it in my RazerNaga 5 bottom. It will shiv if you are in melee distance, and throw if u stand still at ranged distance, try at a training dummy.

In reforgelite, take "presets" -> "Assasinations" -> Then rank it Hit2550 -> Mastery -> Expertise2550 -> Crit -> Haste -> Hit 9010

Pandaren/Undead for racechange.

Plan your Valor upgrades weeks in advance based on what is expected to drop in your raid. It might be good to cap 3000 if you got heroic bosses incoming.

/cast [target= x] Tricks of the trade
    Make 3 of this macro. One for your main tank, one for offtank and one for top dps. Put in their name instead of X.