Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I hate unexpected reinforcements with a passion on Hard, because they break the usual tradition by moving immediately when they turn up. Going well? Oh dear, that cute Level 10 Dancer is now dead because 5 Falcon Knights popped up behind your group. <_<

And crai. I like Cordelia, but Sumia is destroying her in everything but HP, Def and Res. Why is the RNG so merciless?

Deleted
    Yeah Sumia is a beast, haven't recruited Cordelia yet though, taking it slow.
    Also, is it just me or are the exact stat values of the enemies not set in stone?
    I had to restart chapter 6 once due to Stahl dying, then when I attacked the same unit, he had 2 less hp and was able to 1turn him.

On a random sidenote, is anyone else kind of dissapointed with MU's growths?
    Sure mine has retarded speed (21 at level 18) but the rest of the stats are rather meh, compared to Chrom, who has god-tier stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got Cordelia teamed up with Lon'qu, it's a pretty nasty combine. Looking forward to getting Severa out of it.

Also I realised last night that there's no cap on support conversations in this game, only one S rank but as many A's as you want. There's unbridled levels of joy for me in this.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    I dunno, my Avatar ain't doing too badly. Onerounds nearly everything and all his stats are fairly balanced with his +Luck/-HP setup, save for being a bit lacking in Resistance. HP turned out surprisingly well in the end without using any Seraph Robes.

And imagine that, I paired up Lon'qu with Cordelia as well. They're speedytanking like mad, but Cordelia's offense is really lacking. Might have to use some stat boosters if I want to continue using her (or get extremely lucky, and no, you do not say "I must do it again." when you get 2 statups!)

Deleted
    I'm pairing Lon'qu with Cordelia as well... o.O

Also, I promoted MyUnit at Chapter 7 and Chrom is level 13... I should stop abusing the living shit out of mah man.
    Promotion made him a beast with 25 speed at level 1. [Doing 20 damage twice, ouchies].

By the way, do you have to do something to make Risen appear randomly on the map? I don't think I've gotten a single spawn. Do you need to buy the Reeking Box first or something? Starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    By the way, do you have to do something to make Risen appear randomly on the map? I don't think I've gotten a single spawn. Do you need to buy the Reeking Box first or something? Starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my game lol.
    They spawn on a timer and also after completing a chapter, but the game can spawn Anna merchants instead.

Skelington did Lon'qu x Cordelia his first run too.

Deleted
    Ah yeah I got mostly Anna Merchants. Thanks, was wondering what was going on lol.

Lon'qu x Cordelia OTP

Deleted
    They're cute together anyway, ohohoho.

And well, I heard that the game cuts down on Risen Challenges/Skirmishes popping up if you play for a long time straight. 'course, it might just be baseless rumours. :P

Also, some details regarding European DLC!
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-04-21 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so Severa is pretty damn overkill. Inherited Galeforce and Astra, going to go for an assassin (with Hero Sol along the way.)

Yet as silly as she is, Nah inherited Donny's stat skill. Picked up Galeforce on her then made her a Manakete, this is the most broken unit I've ever seen in any Fire Emblem game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Oh, work day again, guess its time to chat after playing fire emblem a lot.

So i have to say i love it and i feel its one of the best games of the series so far, if not THE best (well, putting GBA games aside, because i do miss those awesome crit animations).
    Completed chapter 11 so far, with every paralogue and enemy ive met aswell. Was chatting with Zelgius last night and he went all "what kind of magic did you use to get Gaius to lvl 20?". Find it wierd since Gaius is a bloody beast, especially now that ive promoted him. Heck, everyones a bloody beast. Nowi (mai waifu) wrecks anything that gets close to her, obviously because shes a dragon, but still. Paired up Lon'qu and Panne, making Lon'qu able to double the silly king at chapter 11. Admitedly, i couldve defeated him singlehandedly with...Maribelle! 24 resistance when she first promoted and turned out so much better statwise than Lissa >.<
    Oh well, married off Lissa to Vaike and never used her again :P
    As a sidenote, Tharja has got to have the best voice ever. Most unenthusiastic and unemotional attack shouts ever

Hardmode has so far provided me with enough challenge. Its very manageable, but i have to keep my wits about or they get overwhelmed (unless its Nowi, she doesnt take any damage from anything, or atleast it feels that way). Im going to need more master seals soon. 4-5 unpromoted units at lvl 19 or so, and only one master seal >.<

Havent played any of the dlc maps yet, despite having bought all 3, but im really hoping they'll release even more soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    I hate unexpected reinforcements with a passion on Hard, because they break the usual tradition by moving immediately when they turn up. Going well? Oh dear, that cute Level 10 Dancer is now dead because 5 Falcon Knights popped up behind your group. <_<
    Tell me about it. First map that reinforcements appeared on. Great stats for everyone that leveled up! Now lets kill these and place these here and--- Hello, we decided that reinforcements now both appear and move on the same turn unlike previous games, because we wanted you to pull your hair out in agony as your healer dies and you have to restart.
    Restart -> every fucking last one of them got horrible stat ups this time! Decided to restart the map purely because of it. Was much easier once you knew reinforcements would appear like that, but the first time was horrible :<

Also, my cordelia has gotten better than sumia, but im using both so whatever. RNG at its finest.
    Last edited by mmoc4ea047ec8a; 2013-04-22 at 08:00 AM.

Deleted
    What kind of sorcery are people using to promote their units so early? Maybe I should've just focused on a few favourite units from the beginning or something? D:

Also, stupid SpotPass. How the hell am I going to handle Hector as a lvl20 General when most of my army are like 20/8?!
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-04-22 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    What kind of sorcery are people using to promote their units so early? Maybe I should've just focused on a few favourite units from the beginning or something? D:

Also, stupid SpotPass. How the hell am I going to handle Hector as a lvl20 General when most of my army are like 20/8?!
    Well I only got 1 high leveled unit, the rest is stuck at around 10-13, muh.

Deleted

Well, i just do every battle i come across, and of course only focus on units i want to use. Sully, Miriel, Virion and others i didnt even give one point of experience, they were purely used to pair up with my other units so they became stronger and thus could fetch more exp. Currently i think i have around 15 units total that i use, the others not at all. Theyre all either promoted or very few levels close to promoting. Its all in the pair up and using units wisely. Also, healers level to 20 like mad with just a staff and spamming heals, so thats nothing to care about :P
    But in essence, level only the ones you want to use, and do every map battle you can find before every new chapter.

And yeah, i think Hector and the rest are meant for those who want post-game challenges because theres no way we can take em on right now. Or, well, the lvl 8 swordmaster/mercenary/something could be taken on earlier of course, but thats still a way to go 0.o

Deleted
    Fire Emblem, making me curse probability since 2004. Damned speedytanking failure!

Deleted
    for some europeans nintendo is doing an awesome new promotion for the 3ds which includes fire emblem: awakening so many games

Starting tomorrow April 23, register three 3DS titles from a list of eight and you’ll be able to download a fourth from the list for free.

The eight games included in the promotion are:
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS Version)
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
    Luigi’s Mansion 2
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

* You can participate in this promotion only once. You have to be at least 16 years of age and a resident of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland or Russia

Deleted
    On the DLC side of Awakening, Europeans will be getting Harvest Scramble and the Golden Gaffe this Thursday. Let the infinite supply of Brave weaponry roll in?

Deleted
    Makes sense that those would be the first to come i guess. Im still incredibly annoyed that ive bought the champion pack and couldnt play Yore 2 and 3 >.<

And i finally got the first spotpass hero that i can actually defeat! Some low level mage.

Havent gotten too far yet, due to various non-FE circumstances and the fact that im all of a sudden focusing on the sidechapters since clearing chapter 13 gave me a ton of them. Join a band of mercenaries to defeat the other! Red or green? Screw that im fighting both! Donnel goes to the right and together with Stahl pair up and defeat the whole mercenary group by themselves while i focus on the other. Nope, Donnel is definitely not broken!

Deleted
    Well you say Donnel is not broken... That's pretty darn correct. My Donnel had 3 speed at level 10, getting doubled by everything alone and doing shit damage on his own. You'd think after 9 levels of babying he would do some proper damage. but no. Got sick of the guy and decided to use other characters.
    Nowi however is a complete beast. Changed her to Wyvern Knight at level 22, with an S support Stahl paired up with her. Level 2 Wyvern Knight with 21+9 strength. Oh yes.

The DLC change makes sense, but I still wanted to have my Dual Strike+ and Aegis Mercenary damnit :<
    Oh well, guess I'll just use Inigo lol. [And Severa]

Deleted
    That's some amazingly bad luck, considering Donnel has 70% Speed growth with Aptitude.

And gods, I underestimated the children. More or less everyone utterly destroyed their parents just going 20/1, despite the parents being 20/15 in some cases. And Armsthrift is godlike, Inigo is actually sitting at 50+ Luck with Pair Up bonuses, making his weapons have infinite durability. xD

So, Avatar as glass cannon or going for a balance? Opinions plx!

Deleted
    Yeah I'm rather unlucky this save, especially with both my healers and Donnel, they pretty much all turned out horrid.

Glass cannon best, balance for scrubs. [I went -Defense +Speed anyway, lol]