Deleted

Won't install MoP from disk, will only download b.net

Not sure if this is place to post it but idk...

I am trying to install Mists of Pandaria onto my computer USING MY DISK. But i have put in the disk and it is just downloading 8GB's.

Heres the thing though, when i search for my World of Warcraft folder in program files it says that i have 19.5GB but my friend who has the full version of the game only has 21.6 GB so why is it downloading 8 more GB's when i only need to download about 2 GB's? I am really confused and i cant afford to be downloading 2GB's of data as it will take a long time with my bad connection speeds.

What is going on and how can i fix it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be confused but the MOP disk will be 5.0 and we have had patches after that (small ones) and 5.1 so that might be what the extra data is for, also the folder takes into account screenshots (mine is about 2GB) yes I take a lot of screens and addons etc

Deleted
    My advice , if you don't want to download anything : Copy and Paste the WoW Folder from your friend , this is unlike other programs, possible with WoW. I often did this when I had a slow connection to the internet few years ago.
    Not sure but you may have to copy just the patch files and start the wow client , if you are lucky this will do it.
    I would recommend to copy the whole wow file once and when a new patch goes live just copy the new patch files.

you just need a mobile harddrive for this ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlickFlack View Post
    My advice , if you don't want to download anything : Copy and Paste the WoW Folder from your friend , this is unlike other programs, possible with WoW. I often did this when I had a slow connection to the internet few years ago.
    Not sure but you may have to copy just the patch files and start the wow client , if you are lucky this will do it.
    I would recommend to copy the whole wow file once and when a new patch goes live just copy the new patch files.

you just need a mobile harddrive for this ^^
    This does not solve the problem of time, as we cant get HDD for quite some time...

The problem is they produce the disks and then release new large patches. You're always going to be stuck with a large download. Having a hard copy is little better than only having a CD key tbh.

As the poster before said, you can copy and paste the files. So you could copy from someone else or download from another place with better connection (I did a massive download at university campus ).

I also recommend that everyone keeps a backup copy of there WoW folder just in case (if you have the spare space ofc).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source