Exclamation Need Quick Answer plz

So my gf's computer has been getting a black screen every now and then and it happens mostly outside of games. The screen will turn black and the sound freezes and the comp has to be restarted cause nothing will work but all lights stay on. Now i have buiolt my fair share of comps and i was looking at the tower with all power off. Now when i went to start it back up windows loads and when it gets to the welcome screen where the little circle is spinning for the loading icon it just sits and that window spinning. Now when i put my ear at the psu it makes a clicking soun. What does this mean?

Clicking noise? Sounds like a fan hitting a cable orsomething it's blocking whatever. Instead of putting your ear to the PSU, open your case and watch if your fan is spinning because the PSU could be overheated.

Deleted
    either dust/blocking issue or psu is on it's last legs.

na i have the side open its a fairly brand new build. I have been looking/reading around and ive read that software not installing right could have caused some of the errors so atm im reinstalling windows 7 and im not hearing the sound at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    na i have the side open its a fairly brand new build. I have been looking/reading around and ive read that software not installing right could have caused some of the errors so atm im reinstalling windows 7 and im not hearing the sound at all.
    Reinstalling software is not going to fix a clicking noise being made by a power supply.