Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    To the OP: What part of only 5% of people that do raiding are actually going to get this do you not understand? I can guarantee that 95% of the players currently subscribed will NOT get this legendary meta-gem mainly because it involves full-time raiding which is a luxury that the VAST majority of players cannot afford? It's about damn time they made a 'legendary' available to ALL players regardless of their ability to raid on a regular basis. So sick of the so-called special snowflakes. Tell me, do you feel entitled to have something that others should not be just because you've invested more time into this game than a newb?? Well, fuck you. We all paid the same amount to play this game, so I say go fuck yourself. /thread

Another stupid Jaylock thread.....

This is getting tiresome.

10+ Year Old Account
    YaY Jaylock is unbanned again!

@Topic: Well the weapon is Epic right now. Only the quest items have an orange border and that's justified because they are one of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

"Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

(thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?
    Stop being a little bitch and quit WoW already. Better yet, get off your throne. Fucking retarded mouth breather.

Infracted. Please don't insult other posters.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-17 at 08:00 PM.

Well, maybe now that it is so easy to get legendaries they will finally add "Artifact" level items to the game. I would imagine this item would be more what you are looking for. I think it would probably be one per server and take an insane amount of time to get, and would only be available from heroic raid bosses, or maybe only special heroic raid bosses like Algalon or Sinnestra type bosses. But, I dont really buy into this idea that legendaries are the new epics. I mean; one could seriously argue that epics have also become too easy to obtain, and hence they arent really that epic anymore.

In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

How does everyone having a legendary affect you having a legendary?
    Special snowflake argument aside, if you are able to obtain the legendary, what difference is it to you if someone else can do so as well?

I think that until they change it to a an epic/rare/green and change its colour its as it says on the tin ... a legendary item
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm glad that you've been able to see the end result in 5.4 already. Want to share your timemachine?
    I'm glad that you aren't able to tell that the gem has an orange color to its name, for if you could, you might actually realize that its a legendary item and as such shouldn't be common at all.

Deleted
    Legendary doesn't mean one of a kind per realm, it's just one per character.
    Blue items aren't rare either. Nor is there anything epic about purple items, never has been. It's just a lorefitting name, nothing more.
    Vanilla epics are way worse than today's greens because they only increased 1-2 stats, today's greens increase 5 stats.

legendaries are a joke since wotlk. shit, even illidian blades were all over the place at the end of TBC.

TF ftw.

It shouldn't be a MASSIVE money sink (ex. when I get my heroic dagger in the future, I will have to pay upwards of 15k to make it raid-ready, including enchant, gem, and socket) as well as a time sink. That's about all I can say about the questline so far until there's a tangible (read: weapon) reward at the end of the road.

And think of it this way: By the time that weapon comes out, normal players (read: people that have not done each segment of the legendary chain as it has released) will have to wait MONTHS to finish the weapon. How is that not epic?
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

They are just names at this point, and really have been since Vanilla, even if they might have meant something at some point during development. What person in their right mind would ever consider greens to be "uncommon" or blues to be "Rare"? If anything, at most now they refer to the power level of an item, but certainly not it's rarity.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Please, remember heroic spine, the first guilds to clear it were paying people with he staff from other guilds to help kill it, so they did have 10-15 legindaries.

Because guilds had 10-15 people with legendary weapons... /sigh

Legendaries took a lot of time to acquire, and even so, by the end of the patch cycle, only a very small handful had obtained them.

IMO they should be extremely rare drops from high end raid bosses instead of crafted items anyhow.
    Well, yeah. Blood Legion, for one, was very public about their drive to acquire Tarecgosa for every relevant caster before DS dropped. Of course, Blood Legion plays at a whole different level than most of us. I'm not going to clear the tier the first week heroic mode is available whether I have 0, 1, or 15 legendary weapons. Hell, the way this tier has gone, I might not get it cleared before 5.3 (/grumble). But yes, a few guilds did have that many legendaries for DS. And it is completely irrelevant to the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account

My thought is that you are whining, and that your whining is without merit. You have no idea how this questline is going to end, or how much more difficult its going to become, or what else its going to end up requiring. So until you do, stop clogging up the forums with useless topics like this one. Thank you.

Who cares what other people have? I really dislike portions of the game that are inaccessble to the majority of players. The wrathion quest line in DS comes to mind. Awesome if you're a rogue, if you're not, then too bad. I've greatly enjoyed the legendary quest line thus far, and I know I'm not alone. I hope they use this model going forward, leave the titles and mounts for the hardcore raiders, let everyone experience the stories.

Balancing a boss around a raid full of legendaries is a real problem. Either the boss ends being too easy for the best guilds or too hard for the casual guilds.

Check the World Firsts in Dragon Soul. Stupid, around 10 people with the legendary staff... Now, imagine a guild where no one still had that. It was impossible for a caster to be competitive without a Dragonwrath (I know that because I took a long time to get mine, other casters with the orange pissed on my DPS).

Maybe the nerf sledgehammer hit DS so hard because of that as well... The bosses were probably overtuned for guilds without legendaries.

: of, relating to, or characteristic of legend or a legend
    : well-known, famous

Well these Gems come from a pretty well know, famous person and relate to legendary achievements (killing bosses and riding the world of the Sha). So what are you complaining about.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Isn't this what WoW has become for the last few years. Everyone gets a chance to see and obtain everything? Seems like Blizz's logic that everyone should get a legendary too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

I like the way it's handled in MoP so far.

Back in Vanilla and BC they were just rare as hell and were mighty weapons, mostly Warglaives, followed by Sulfuras, then Thunderfury and Thori'dal being the less impressive and just being there for some reason.

In Wrath it was through questlines to create what apparently was a great mace and then truly legendary was Shadowmourne, an axe created from the dreaded blade, Frostmourne.

Cata gave us the quest to protect the Blue Dragonflight from becoming an ally of Deathwing and saving the life of a blue dragon while defeating the mighty Ragnaros, for good this time. And then the quest to defeat the last remaining black dragons with Deathwing at the very end, all while working for Wrathion, an uncorrupted dragon.

Now we're working for Wrathion again without a clue what he wants from us.

I'd say I like a legendary item after a legendary storyline more than after a rare drop from a raid boss... This is a good way to do it imo.