Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Should they make Super Mario All Stars 2?

What should be in a "sequel" to Super Mario All Stars, in your opinion?

Not asking for an elaborate setup, just a modern version of one of my favorite game anthologies and the title that got me into gaming when I was a kid.

My suggestions are:
    -SMB 1/2/3 and Lost Levels, the original All Stars games.
    -Super Mario World
    -Super Mario 64
    -Sunshine
    -Galaxy

I would also include a few of the more notable spinoffs.
    -Mario Kart 64
    -Paper Mario or Super Mario RPG.
    -Mario Party 2
    -Mario Paint, updated to take advantage of the Wii-U's gamepad and/or Wii Remote.
    -Mario Tennis

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and RPG would make for a cool SNES compilation.

It probably won't happen because it's too easy to just throw them up on the virtual console. and the all stars verson wasn't just a compilation. It was also a graphics update, and an improvement in controls.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know, Shaetha. More money in smaller collections than one big one. But it's nice to dream, ain't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably has about as much chance of happening as my dreams of seeing Nintendo release a series of compilations similar to Sega's Ultimate Genesis Collection with installments like all of Nintendo's arcade games plus non-major system releases in one pack, all Nintendo series from the Famicom/NES in another, one for the SNES/Super Famicom, one for the N64, a collection of all their WiiWare games on disc and DSi ware games on a 3DS card. However they did release recently the Kirby Anniversary collection which was a pretty damn decent package so I can still grasp at bits and pieces of my dreams.

If they did release a All-Stars 2 I would want it to be a collection of GameBoy games redone with improved graphics like the first game:
    -Donkey Kong (GameBoy)
    -Super Mario Land
    -Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
    -Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
    -Wario Land 2
    -Wario Land 3
    (and maybe also Virtual Boy Wario Land and Mario Clash)
    (maybe also a graphic-update of Wrecking Crew or a port of the Super Famicom sequel)
    (maybe some updated versions or original ports of the arcade versions of Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. and Donkey Kong 3 (and probably not Donkey Kong Jr. Math since no one liked that game))
    (maybe not graphical updates but unlockable ports of Mario&Wario and the SNES version of Wario's Woods)
    (also maybe throw in some non-scrollers into the game as well as unlockable "mini" games like Dr. Mario, Yoshi, Yoshi's Cookie, Mario's Picross and maybe for some odd reason the English (Yoshi) version of Tetris Attack)

However what would be cool also would be a Nintendo All-Stars title that would have updated graphical remakes of some non-Mario side-scrollers like:
    -Metroid 2 (since they already did Zero Mission for first)
    -Kid Icarus and/or Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
    -Donkey Kong Land 1/2/3
    -Zelda 2 (hell I would like remakes of the CD-i games but I know that will never happen)
    -Kirby's Dream Land 2 (since technically Dream Land 1 got a remake in Kirby Super-Star and Adventure got a GBA remake)
    -Balloon Fight and/or Balloon Kid
    -maybe Excite Bike?
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-01-20 at 09:41 AM.