Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Great Britain and Immigration

Before I start off this thread just because you are against immigration does not mean you are a racist. It is extremely immature to dismiss somebodys points on immigration by calling them a racist.

So here in Britain we have a influx of immigrants from all over the world and net year we are set to have 500k more immigrants from Romania and Bulgaria when the european union effectivly opens the "open borders" policy. I mean I don't have a problem with europeans comming over or indians/pakistanis but here are some of the issues that the UK faces as a result of these people comming here.

Firstly, it effects our NHS. This already had cuts and waiting times for operations can already be upto 6 months at a time, some immigrants come over just for the treatment and then sod off back home to whichever country they are from.

Secondly, language. Some of them can hardly speak any english so how do they expect to get any work legally unless they just plan on living off our benift system cus hey, its better than living in some of the eastern european countries.

Thirdly is the job market. We have a lack of jobs for young people, up to 50% unemployed and unable to find work that requires no specific skills or training, this doesn't help that europeans are taking the jobs from the people in the UK. People in the UK should get first pick.

I always hear the excuse that immigrants will only do the jobs the British won't do. This is complete bullshit, when you are poor you will do any work to try and feed your family. These europeans/commonwealth people have a equal footing on council housing too so people who generally need the help with a home due to hard times, which by the way we are still in a recession, won't be able to get the help as people flocking over here get the same rights.

This isn't fair and needs to have a end put to it.

Feel free to argue with me or discuss it with me. Thanks

Can I move there?

Females with a British accent are super hot.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe immigration needs to be cut down until unemployment drops. The EU must recognise the need for our own border controls.

Either immigrants come and get a job and a person already here stays on welfare or immigrants come and are unable to find jobs and are forced onto welfare. It's not good for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Can I move there?

Females around my city are awful /shudder.

You lost all your credibility when you started pulling random numbers out of your ass. If you want to be taken serious do your research first and then make a post.

At the current state, it is Great Britain that is at fault as it treats individuals with professional qualifications(eg students currently taking Bachelor/MSc/MBA/etc courses) with the same laws as non-educated immigrants who take advantage over health and work benefits.

A great example is that the work permit documents for Romanians and Bulgarians, aka the "yellow permit" or Form BR1, take between SIX and NINE months only for Romanians and Bulgarians. Which is a discriminatory practice towards qualified individuals(not immigrants who come to abuse the systems in place, which the majority are) and puts all of the specific nation in the same "basket". The only effective change would be to clearly distinguish the two "kinds" and process them accordingly.

If an individual comes to your country to educate himself and pays for it, he has the same right as you as an English national to obtain a job. If you strongly feel this shouldn't be the case, I would suggest filling a petition to David Cameron suggesting for England to leave the Eurozone.
    Last edited by klaps_05; 2013-01-16 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    You lost all your credibility when you started pulling random numbers out of your ass. If you want to be taken serious do your research first and then make a post.

At the current state, it is Great Britain that is at fault as it treats individuals with professional qualifications(eg students currently taking Bachelor/MSc/MBA/etc courses) with the same laws as non-educated immigrants who take advantage over health and work benefits.

A great example is that the work permit documents for Romanians and Bulgarians, aka the "yellow permit" or Form BR1, take between SIX and NINE months only for Romanians and Bulgarians. Which is a discriminatory practice towards qualified individuals(not immigrants who come to abuse the systems in place) and puts all of the specific nation in the same "basket".

If an individual comes to your country to educate himself and pays for it, he has the same right as you as an English national to obtain a job. If you strongly feel this shouldn't be the case, I would suggest filling a petition to David Cameron suggesting for England to leave the Eurozone.
    You clearly didn't read my post did you?

Deleted
    'British accents', I think you'll fine there are about 30 'British accents' and there aren't many particularly flattering ones.

I think Health Tourism is going to get tackled fairly soon, but the problem isn't just influx from the EU due to the dictated migration policy; it's people from outside the EU becoming citizens of EU countries with lax immigration policy, which then gives them access to countries with better 'social security'. But the way the system distinguishes 'quality' of immigrants and skilled workers and unskilled workers needs looking at to.

Proportionally to population however, originally non-UK citizens are more likely to work than UK citizens, so tackling those currently 'on the dole' is perhaps a more salient issue. But the fact that anyone, even if it's only 6.6% of immigrants can simply enter and claim benefits for an indefinite amount of time is a pretty ridiculous.

I would suggest filling a petition to David Cameron suggesting for England to leave the Eurozone.
    I don't think a petition will be necessary for that.
    Last edited by mmoc44ab44658a; 2013-01-16 at 11:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    'British accents', I think you'll fine there are about 30 'British accents' and there aren't many particularly flattering ones.
    Heck yea there is, gimme some of that Yorkshire honey for my ears!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I would have to disagree.The person as entered the country under grounds of education NOT for work. At the end of a degree the person no longer fills the criteria on the visa, and it becomes void. As such they should have the same rights with regards to finding a job as a non-UK resident, rather than a UK-resident.

Im definitely pro-control, even if its similar to the Australian one. Age, such that you can't enter near retirement then claim pension, and work, such that you have to be suited for an in demand job or have a job before entering, are important factors for example.

However a key thing to say is th OP's forst paragraph is true. Far too often ANY comments on immigration and you very quickly become tagged as racist

These guys are awesome lol

<snipped video>

Infracted: Please refrain from posting videos (without adding any context) that only stereotype large groups of people such as Muslims.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-01-17 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I believe immigration needs to be cut down until unemployment drops. The EU must recognise the need for our own border controls.

Either immigrants come and get a job and a person already here stays on welfare or immigrants come and are unable to find jobs and are forced onto welfare. It's not good for anyone.

i agree with this, we already have trouble housing and finding jobs for people who currently living here. we need professionals for top professions, doctors ect, but we dont need unskilled workers.
    its not really the immigrants fault, a lot come here expecting to be able to start a better life but then unable to find a job. i think we need to aim more for accepting skilled workers, not unskilled. i think Australia has a simmilar system based on points.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a problem, not only in britain but also in many other european countries. That video about the muslim patrol Raidenx linked sadly actually shows the motives of some of the groups coming to european countries. Many of these people have no respect for the laws of the country in which they live and follow only the word of their holy book, in addition to carving out territories for themselves and refusing to assimilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post

I think Health Tourism is going to get tackled fairly soon, but the problem isn't just influx from the EU due to the dictated migration policy; it's people from outside the EU becoming citizens of EU countries with lax immigration policy, which then gives them access to countries with better 'social security'. But the way the system distinguishes 'quality' of immigrants and skilled workers and unskilled workers needs looking at to.

Proportionally to population however, originally non-UK citizens are more likely to work than UK citizens, so tackling those currently 'on the dole' is perhaps a more salient issue. But the fact that anyone, even if it's only 6.6% of immigrants can simply enter and claim benefits for an indefinite amount of time is a pretty ridiculous.

I don't think a petition will be necessary for that.
    I don't know brother, if i had a britsh chick say to me "oh tony take off those knickers" she wouldn't have to be hot to get me goin!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I don't know brother, if i had a britsh chick say to me "oh tony take off those knickers" she wouldn't have to be hot to get me goin!

what type of British accent though? a Manchester accent is quite different to a Bristol accent.

Deleted
    In my opinion you missed the most compelling argument, the one that clinches the argument in my opinion. People will always argue about how many jobs immigrants are taking, or about the financial strain they are putting on the NHS. The exact figures will always be up for debate, however there is one indisputable truth.

Immigrants take up houses.

The 2011 UK census shows there are more than 500000 people living in the UK who were born in Poland. Housing 500000 people is a monumental task. It means that young British people will struggle to move out and find homes of their own. It means that we must either rapidly build more houses, which is unrealistic, or accept that people are going to have to live with their parents well into their twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what type of British accent though? a Manchester accent is quite different to a Bristol accent.
    A nice harmonic and sexy scouser

Deleted
    The 500k figure is almost certainally wrong by the way. The rules changes are not well known, and the UK is not the country of choice for the majority of the people these changes will effect.

I agree immigration needs controlling better, but not stopped. Immigration makes a vital contribution to our economy, we are actually better off as a result of it. I agree we need to have better controls on illegal immigration, and at least data on legal immigrants, but I woudl not advocate a ban, as that would be bad for the UK>

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    In my opinion you missed the most compelling argument, the one that clinches the argument in my opinion. People will always argue about how many jobs immigrants are taking, or about the financial strain they are putting on the NHS. The exact figures will always be up for debate, however there is one indisputable truth.

Immigrants take up houses.

The 2011 UK census shows there are more than 500000 people living in the UK who were born in Poland. Housing 500000 people is a monumental task. It means that young British people will struggle to move out and find homes of their own. It means that we must either rapidly build more houses, which is unrealistic, or accept that people are going to have to live with their parents well into their twenties.
    Immigrants have no real impact on the housing numbers. The real reason is that housebuilders dont build enough houses, they sit on permissions and landbank to control supply, private sector housebuilding has remained virtually level since WWII.The planning system has always over provided permissions for homes, but the housebuilders have never upped the supply. (that may change with the abolishion on central housing targets by the stupid Tories, and localism has so far meant a drop in housing site provision by severeal hundred thousand in the last year as a result of Tory housing policy).

The main decrease in housing has been due to no public sector builds, and the loss of affordably housing due to the idiotic Right to Buy.

We also have this ridiculous idea that house prices should rise continually, they should not, In fact this "recession" has not had the beneficial impact most recessions do in drastically lowering house prices. They have remained high.

We need house prices to fall, if they do not, it just results in more and more of the wealth being concentrated in the baby boomer generation who bought low and can now live off their properties increase in value, buying other properties, keeping the price hihg and locking younger generations out of the housing market.

Yeah not looking forward to hundreds of thousands more immigrants coming here.

I used to think the only good thing about the EU was freedom of movement, but now I think it's the worst.

Immigration shouldn't be allowed to go on like this. Unless you can contribute to the country and have skills that are in demand or often sought after, you shouldn't allowed in.

Hundreds of thousands more unskilled workers is the last thing we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Can I move there?

Poor guy is complaining about immigrants taking their jobs and mooching on benefits, and you are asking if you can steal their women.

I just found it super funny.

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Poor guy is complaining about immigrants taking their jobs and mooching on benefits, and you are asking if you can steal their women.

I just found it super funny.

Who said anything about stealing?

I know for a fact that british women find tall tan and handsome americans soldiers hot.