Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Haven't played the beta for a long while, did they fix the UI to make it more PC friendly?
    Last beta weekend was about the same as the one prior. The in-game UI is still the same, and the menu system didn't change much (though I finally found the actual inventory screen). It's still a pain in the ass to navigate and IMO isn't too good : /

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Last beta weekend was about the same as the one prior. The in-game UI is still the same, and the menu system didn't change much (though I finally found the actual inventory screen). It's still a pain in the ass to navigate and IMO isn't too good : /
    Shame, that UI tells me all I need to know about their level of support for the game. I thought since it was TRION, this wouldn't happen (iirc they handle Rift very well).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Shame, that UI tells me all I need to know about their level of support for the game. I thought since it was TRION, this wouldn't happen (iirc they handle Rift very well).
    Eh, I think it's more that the game is on consoles as well so they need to make a UI and menu system that works across both PC's and consoles. Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty bad, but it's more of a console concession than anything else.

They've handled Rift spectacularly (going through a bit of a hiccup now, but it's the first in about 2 years and that's not bad) and I'm not seeing that level of quality in Defiance so far. I'm waiting on post-launch sales before picking it up, don't think I'll pay full price for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think it's more that the game is on consoles as well so they need to make a UI and menu system that works across both PC's and consoles. Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty bad, but it's more of a console concession than anything else.

They've handled Rift spectacularly (going through a bit of a hiccup now, but it's the first in about 2 years and that's not bad) and I'm not seeing that level of quality in Defiance so far. I'm waiting on post-launch sales before picking it up, don't think I'll pay full price for this one.
    It is a little more tempting to pre-purchase via steam with all the goodies, but i still don't think its worth my money full price at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wrap my head around the UI. Not much into shooters to start off with but the advertising campaign is full swing for both the show and game. Billboards on the building at GDC and in Times Square etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    It is a little more tempting to pre-purchase via steam with all the goodies, but i still don't think its worth my money full price at least.
    Indeed, I may give in the day before if they reach T3 rewards, but I'm hoping not since I have too many games to play already -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, I may give in the day before if they reach T3 rewards, but I'm hoping not since I have too many games to play already -_-
    Yeah, especially on pay day for me, it gets even more tempting to shell out =S

The UI has to be like that because of the console support, I guess they could add a different UI for PC players, maybe they will let players create UI Mods like in WoW.

I know it's also for consoles. But that's no excuse to skimp out on making a proper UI, you disagree, but that is my opinion. Games that smell of a bad console-port doesn't go over very well with me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

just to let you know, its now hit the t3 rewards! ))

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wondering, since this game will be on consoles also, will this have any sort of offline mode to it or is it just a "have to be constantly connected online" multiplayer game? Would be pretty stupid, for the consoles versions at least, to not have an offline mode.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I've been wondering, since this game will be on consoles also, will this have any sort of offline mode to it or is it just a "have to be constantly connected online" multiplayer game? Would be pretty stupid, for the consoles versions at least, to not have an offline mode.
    It's a MMO. Always online. Like FF11 ... for consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    It's a MMO. Always online. Like FF11 ... for consoles.
    Oh ok. That's kinda dumb then. I mean the game looks awesome but if they're going to put it on consoles why didn't have some sort of offline mode like Phantasy Star Online on the Nintendo Gamecube?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-03-30 at 06:37 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    It's a MMO, just like FFXI, DCUO, FFXIV (which will be coming to consoles...sometime), Dust 514 and a few other games. Always online games are slowly becoming more common on consoles as semi-stable internet becomes a more common thing and people play online more.

Also, dat marketing blitz. Barely any presales for over a month and then in the past week or so it goes through all three tiers of rewards. Tempted to buy it for the little bonuses now, but we'll see.

Stage 3 has been unlocked! Looks like we'll be getting all of the pre-order unlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    Stage 3 has been unlocked! Looks like we'll be getting all of the pre-order unlocks.
    Season pass is at -22% at the moment. Is this already the Stage 3 bonus or does everyone get this discount?

The game looks pretty good, the only thing worrying me is the UI, how well does it function on a PC? It looks very console-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnace View Post
    The game looks pretty good, the only thing worrying me is the UI, how well does it function on a PC? It looks very console-ish.
    You might as well play it on a console.

You can't adjust your UI, graphics, motion blur, anything really.
    At least the last PC beta I was in you couldn't.
    It felt like a PS2 shooter.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You might as well play it on a console.

You can't adjust your UI, graphics, motion blur, anything really.
    At least the last PC beta I was in you couldn't.
    It felt like a PS2 shooter.
    Yeah...I'm really hoping they put in more graphical customization options. I hate not having windowed maximized mode and I hate motion blur.

Yeah...I'm really hoping they put in more graphical customization options. I hate not having windowed maximized mode and I hate motion blur.
    My wife gets motion sickness from motion blur so I can't even justify buying it.
    I told them in a ticket that if they didn't add the ability to toggle it off that they would lose a lot of players just due to physical reactions to motion blur.
    (It's actually a common problem.)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -