Poll: Is there an equilibrium

Will technology balance surveillance and anti-survailence

As a debate topic, It was if authoritarianism is being caused by expansion of technology ( Ex USA, UK ) via mass surveillance. However something I have noticed after looking further into the topic is not only what is increasing this capability ( Cheap production of newer facial recognition technologies), but what at the same time is decreasing this capacity which is instead able to thwart versus being able to spread.

Examples of this I used were

The worlds ugliest t-shirt, This T-shirt has printed on it a highly distorted human face, Thanks to how it is distorted, cameras of which try to attach it to another face in the database literally crash. I attempted to find the artical but was met with garbage of T-shirt ads

Quantum encryption

Essentially guarantied private communication via randomly generated keys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_key_distribution

Or the most basic being that should the population become fed up with invasion of privacy, simply by transmitting massive amounts of garbage data, think about a group of 2 million people using a program that re-sends a received email. with CC each e-mail being CC'ed to 2 million people all using it and being sent roughly every 5 seconds you get 8 billion emails per second. a simple scrambling of 1500 letters at random the amount of possible
    unique emails sent would be

1500!
    (1500-1500)!

Suffice to say a large number, to try and analyze this would be near impossible.

3 things

. What is your opinion on the possibility of a surveillance - anti surveillance equilibrium
    . What have you heard of in terms of technology that is either in development or a possibility to be developed
    . If anyone has a link to the world's ugliest t-shirt I would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by warlocked View Post
    . What is your opinion on the possibility of a surveillance - anti surveillance equilibrium
    I'm under the impression that this has always existed and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by warlocked View Post
    What have you heard of in terms of technology that is either in development or a possibility to be developed
    I'm nearly wholesale ignorant of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm nearly wholesale ignorant of it.
    Nearly, I'm all the way there!

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Nearly, I'm all the way there!
    I was being charitable to myself! I've heard of "cameras" and "GPS". Newfangled things!