Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    but what part of the game are they changing to make up for the rage loss from DC? I fail to see how removing DC and not compensating us in ANY way is a good idea. The bloodsurge change went through before DC was removed, therefore was not meant as compensation. The haste change is barely going to impact anything seeing as the in raid gear we have like 5% haste, and the mastery change (Which is now reverted, mind you) was only to boost up arms. All they have done to fury was nerf it. First death from above (which is something lke 3-4% of a DPS increase) and now DC. DC is much more minor, but ffs we could get compensated a little bit here. Build it into something else...

And I'm calm, im just having discussion here...

*drum roll please*

Why would you need to be compensated for the loss of an ability when you are OP...? /mind blown

Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    you guys did not learn from vanila ? warrior always and will always be nerf all the time till they suck and no one playing them than bam buff than nerf again bad class design is bad
    And yet, just like Ret pallys, no one seems to be deleting their warriors. Could it be because outside of all the chest thumping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, warriors are seldom as bad as the playerbase screams ?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewowguy View Post
    Why would you need to be compensated for the loss of an ability when you are OP...? /mind blown
    A bit less stupidly biased please deadly calm has next to no pvp implications especially with how tfb has been reworked ans pve wise warriors are not "op".

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    A bit less stupidly biased please deadly calm has next to no pvp implications especially with how tfb has been reworked ans pve wise warriors are not "op".

yahtzee, bingo, shazaaaaaam.

Holy shit someone got it. Warriors are not OP in PvE. Arms is the PvP spec of choice and does not require deadly calm since 3 of its core abilities do not use rage (Soon to be 2). Why, then, would they just not make deadly calm fury specific? Arms doesn't use HS enough to warrant being compensated, that much makes sense for the removal, but HS is a constant rage dump for fury.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ignorance is bliss. PVE warriors are not winning the meter wars nor are they OP.

We're going to make that lost rage from DC back, and then some, with escalating levels of crit from gear. If they don't nerf us in any significant by the end of the expac based on where we are now, we'll likely resume topping dps meters just because of all the newfound enrage procs we'll be sitting on.

Deleted
    I too often forgot to use it in the midst of battle, I wont miss it at all.

Since when is arms a PVE spec? Why does it matter? Going arms in PVE now is like going MM on ur hunter, or going frost on ur mage in cata, ur only gimping yourself. Its been like this for how long now: Hit certain stats, go fury for pve.

Since when is arms a PVE spec? Why does it matter? Going arms in PVE now is like going MM on ur hunter, or going frost on ur mage in cata, ur only gimping yourself. Its been like this for how long now: Hit certain stats, go fury for pve.
    Except that isnt what blizzard wants, and its an extremely dumb side of the issue to take a stance on. Arms is fun for some people, and they like to play it in PvE. There is nothing in the spec that says THIS IS THE ONLY PVP SPEC, IT IS NOT GOOD FOR PVE. If you bring up mortal strike, WS has the same effect.

I for one would like to see arms be viable in heroic PvE progression. I started this tier off as arms and it was extremely fun. Btw, dont compare live arms to PTR arms like you just did, because they're trying to make both work in 5.2. The disparity between the DPS is very different on live because arms doesnt scale so well compared to fury. We're *hoping* that that changes i 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, hunters and mages have 3 DPS specs, warriors only have 2. The analogy is flawed. A class should always have at least 2 viable DPS specs to play in PVE, whether they have 2 or 3 potential DPS specs. If you can heal/tank/DPS that is the tradeoff for only having 1 DPS spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    Except that isnt what blizzard wants, and its an extremely dumb side of the issue to take a stance on. Arms is fun for some people, and they like to play it in PvE. There is nothing in the spec that says THIS IS THE ONLY PVP SPEC, IT IS NOT GOOD FOR PVE. If you bring up mortal strike, WS has the same effect.

I for one would like to see arms be viable in heroic PvE progression. I started this tier off as arms and it was extremely fun. Btw, dont compare live arms to PTR arms like you just did, because they're trying to make both work in 5.2. The disparity between the DPS is very different on live because arms doesnt scale so well compared to fury. We're *hoping* that that changes i 5.2.
    That isnt what blizz wants he says. I main a warrior. My favorite spec: Prot. My PvP/PvE spec: Arms. The spec I go to when raiding with a good group: fury.

Its always been like this. Its always gonna be like this. Im not taking a side, I like arms, its more fun then fury I think. But arms is good while lvling and having low gear. After you get gear, you go fury for PVE. Its been like that since what...3.1 or something?

I know, it'd be pretty awesome if warrior gear scaling didnt fuck things up every expansion and cause us to get nerfed non stop. Ya, i'd love to do the numbers I do as fury as arms in PVE. But thats not the game were playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    do not forget the MS nerf that not many are talking about.with all the other nerfs the MS nerf is going to hurt just as much.If MS misses we do not get an OP proc lmfao.blizz tried that once and it failed,why do that again?if we miss a MS and no OP procs,wtf can we do then?hamstring lmfao.

15+ Year Old Account
    *drum roll please*
    My prot war that uses deadly calm on pulls to get a low cost cleaves off for extra snap threat while still needing to get up S.block asap would like a word with your "OP" comment while looking at monk, DK, and pallie aoe!

*drum roll please*

O shit look at that the change affects more than just PVP ... your mind can now be blown!
    Last edited by Odina; 2013-01-22 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    My prot war that uses deadly calm on pulls to get a low cost cleaves off for extra snap threat while still needing to get up S.block asap would like a word with your "OP" comment while looking at monk, DK, and pallie aoe!

*drum roll please*

O shit look at that the change affects more than just PVP ... your mind can now be blown!
    Again, i'd loooove for a million different ways to pull a group, and reduce my rage cost. The question is: Do you need it? Heroic leap, TC, shockwave...hell a landshark. We arent an aoe tank spec anyway. Would you like all tanks to do the same single target/aoe damage? homogeniiiiize....man!

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, i'd loooove for a million different ways to pull a group, and reduce my rage cost. The question is: Do you need it? Heroic leap, TC, shockwave...hell a landshark. We arent an aoe tank spec anyway. Would you like all tanks to do the same single target/aoe damage? homogeniiiiize....man!
    the manner in wich you do the damage thorugh your rotation and priority system should be what defines your class not "Hey Im a warr and you can tell becasue my AOE is utter shit but it's ok becuase then were not homogenized into being all the same"

Doing equivalent damage =/= Homogenization it = balance! Balance is good especially when it comes to tanks as you don't generally have another "tank spec" you can swap to for better "aoe on this add heavy boss" like pures tend to do!

bad argument is bad!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    but what part of the game are they changing to make up for the rage loss from DC? I fail to see how removing DC and not compensating us in ANY way is a good idea. The bloodsurge change went through before DC was removed, therefore was not meant as compensation. The haste change is barely going to impact anything seeing as the in raid gear we have like 5% haste, and the mastery change (Which is now reverted, mind you) was only to boost up arms. All they have done to fury was nerf it. First death from above (which is something lke 3-4% of a DPS increase) and now DC. DC is much more minor, but ffs we could get compensated a little bit here. Build it into something else...

And I'm calm, im just having discussion here...
    yeah they removed DC and then nerfed op by adding a rage cost to it.man blizz knows who to keep things fun right .they going to have to chaneg the op nerf or warriors will not be able to keep up there rotation "arms".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    yeah they removed DC and then nerfed op by adding a rage cost to it.man blizz knows who to keep things fun right .they going to have to chaneg the op nerf or warriors will not be able to keep up there rotation "arms".
    I honestly have trouble reading anything you write because of your lack of grammar, punctuation, and proper spacing. Not to be mean, but you're message might be more readable if you wrote clearer.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I macro my burst button.

I macro my 2-hander to my few abilities so in-case I go shield wall oh.. again, I macro 1-hand and shield with that. Blizzard! New fresh meat, remove 1-hands and 2-hands from the game since it's macroed.

It was a nice burst button, now? Not so much. You could get off a heroic strike more every 3. Which extremely powerful

Colossus smash - Heroic Strike
    Mortal Strike - Heroic Strike
    Over power - heroic strike
    slam - heroic strike (with 100% dmg increase)

(requires 80-90ish rage to begin with)
    lovely.

NAH LET'S REMOVE IT.

Why? Because most macro it. So we again listen to the casuality and do stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    I too often forgot to use it in the midst of battle, I wont miss it at all.
    That's like saying - I too often forget to do this and that. Why not just remove it? Why simplify gameplay more than it already is.

Deleted
    That isnt what blizz wants he says. I main a warrior. My favorite spec: Prot. My PvP/PvE spec: Arms. The spec I go to when raiding with a good group: fury.

Its always been like this. Its always gonna be like this. Im not taking a side, I like arms, its more fun then fury I think. But arms is good while lvling and having low gear. After you get gear, you go fury for PVE. Its been like that since what...3.1 or something?

I know, it'd be pretty awesome if warrior gear scaling didnt fuck things up every expansion and cause us to get nerfed non stop. Ya, i'd love to do the numbers I do as fury as arms in PVE. But thats not the game were playing.
    Hello, I'm DS. Try again.