Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Agreed. The funniest is when they forget lore they just wrote and then refute it.
    ooo, like how the chimeras, fae dragons, etc were highly connected to nightelves and all in WC3... and yet are now neutral to horde in game?! UGH.

Deleted
    Things I do not understand about the High Elves

Number 1: Where the hell are they all coming from? From my understanding they are the 10% that were exiled from a race of people who has 90% of it's population exterminated. Yet they've been involved in numerous wars in Outland, Northrend and now in 5.2.

Number 2: What's their deal? Why do they cling to The Alliance which previously were outright racist to them and abandoned them in their time of need? Especially when the perpetrator of the mass genocide of your people was the Crown Prince of your allies.

Number 3: What is the appeal, why do people want them as a playable race? Now this is the kicker for me, what the hell would they bring to the game that blood elves don't? Just a roll a blood elf, same voices, same skeleton same everything apart from slightly paler/darker skin. Are these people still bitter about the blood elves being Horde, so many questions on this one I'm completely baffled there's even the slightest interest of making them a playable race.. they already exist, but as blood elves.

Deleted
    How did the Alliance high elves at Allerian stronghold manage to stay untainted? There's a sizable population over there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    ooo, like how the chimeras, fae dragons, etc were highly connected to nightelves and all in WC3... and yet are now neutral to horde in game?! UGH.
    Really would not call them neutral when they are trying to bite my butt off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Number 3: What is the appeal, why do people want them as a playable race? Now this is the kicker for me, what the hell would they bring to the game that blood elves don't? Just a roll a blood elf, same voices, same skeleton same everything apart from slightly paler/darker skin. Are these people still bitter about the blood elves being Horde, so many questions on this one I'm completely baffled there's even the slightest interest of making them a playable race.. they already exist, but as blood elves.
    This is theorizing, but probably people arent necessarily bitter... but would like to play with their friends? idk. I mostly roll alliance, as my ex (who i started this game with) and all his (which turned into my) friends played alliance. This game is a social game. I'm pretty happy playing the races I do (and the times I do go horde, Ive made friends relatively easily in the dungeonfinder - though I know this isnt necessarily everyones experience), and my characters so I dont know this part personally.. but maybe the people who want to play bloodelves dont because they would have no preexisting friends to play with?

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 10:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Really would not call them neutral when they are trying to bite my butt off.
    well, they dont treat my alliance nightelf any better. hahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    well, they dont treat my alliance nightelf any better. hahaha.
    To-shay. I never have this problem with dragonhawks. At less you still have hippogryphs ^^.

Deleted
    Oh, dude.. know your lore.

Why don't we see mountain giants, faerie dragons, chimaera, and certain ancient units from Warcraft III like the ancients of winds or wonders and trees of life aiding the night elves now?
    "Many of the forest creatures that assisted the night elves were not, obviously, part of the actual military hierarchy of the Sentinels. The mountain giants, for instance, hold allegiance only to the titans, while the faerie dragons and chimaera are simply somewhat intelligent animals with ties to the Emerald Dream and Nordrassil, respectively. These beings all assisted the night elves not due to a desire to help them in particular, but because the night elves were the largest local force who opposed the Burning Legion. Short of a planetary threat, it is rare to see mountain giants, faerie dragons or chimaera fighting with a mortal army. The ancients, on the other hand, suffered heavy losses during the Third War, with many, especially the varieties that were never in great supply to begin with, returning to the forests to hopefully spread their seeds and replenish their numbers undisturbed."
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Ask_CDev

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Oh, dude.. know your lore.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Ask_CDev
    There's actually a forum thread about just this subject and how and why that isnt accurate and was just a canned answer Blizzard gave, seeing as how they probably didnt know how else to respond to it. Hense why I brought it up as how they go and refute something they themselves made up, without actually thinking about their own lore.

Number 2: What's their deal? Why do they cling to The Alliance which previously were outright racist to them and abandoned them in their time of need? Especially when the perpetrator of the mass genocide of your people was the Crown Prince of your allies.
    They are not idiots and thus know that the sins of a few do not necessarily taint a whole nation. I mean, even Sylvannas, the blood elves and the Forsaken do not blame the sins of Arthas on the Alliance, so why should the high elves? By that logic the blood elves could not have joined the Horde either, because the Lich King was once an important leader of the orcish Horde, too.

Garithos was a despicable border region captain who obviously did not represent the ideals of the Alliance, which is after all an alliance of different races, and not at all an exclusively human club.

Deleted
    There's actually a forum thread about just this subject and how and why that isnt accurate and was just a canned answer Blizzard gave, seeing as how they probably didnt know how else to respond to it. Hense why I brought it up as how they go and refute something they themselves made up, without actually thinking about their own lore.
    How the hell are you even able to argue against the people who write this staff?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are 4 main magic-using factions in Azeroth.

Blue Dragonflight - Led by Kalecgos who's dating Jaina, sides with the Alliance when necessary (not often).

Kirin'tor - Led by Jaina. Sides with the Alliance 99% of the time.

Silver Covenant - Led by that one Windrunner who's Rhonin's widow. The dominant faction of High Elves remaining. Sides with the Kirin'tor 100% of the time.

Sunreavers - Led by Aethas "Pokes You Like It's Facebook" Sunreaver. Seems to have merged with the Silvermoon Magisters. Sides with the Horde 100% of the time.

Of course when you have a Kirin'tor VS Sunreaver hub you'll see a lot of High Elves. Since most living High Elves are mages.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Kind of sad that High Elves are getting more story involvement than dwarves, gnomes, worgen, or draenei.

Who knows. Now that we have Pandaren, the only excuse they ever gave us against high elves being playable is gone (they gave an excuse about wanting models to imply faction from a distance). Definitely hoping we get high elves, but I seriously doubt we'll get them back, being that so many went horde for "horde high elves".

they signed for their extinction after what they did in dalaran >: D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    According to the "Lore That Is No Lore" we have 160,000 Sin'dorei, so the numbers might be correct.

Because Metzen, that's why!

Because, as many great writers have already said: Your fanbase knows more about your story than you do.

If you just say: "Well, that's how I want it to be and the old stuff didn't really happen!", you'll lose the respect of your fans.
    based off those numbers though, the Sin'dorei outnumber every other Horde race (possibly combined) and the original population of Silvermoon pre-Third War would have been around 2 million. And yet the RPGs only place the entire current Alliance Pop (as of when they were published) as under 800k. So the Quel'dorei would have also utterly outnumbered the Human Kingdoms.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    they signed for their extinction after what they did in dalaran >: D
    Hey, remember that one time when the blood elves exiled the high elves from Silvermoon? They were just returning the favor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Hey, remember that one time when the blood elves exiled the high elves from Silvermoon? They were just returning the favor.
    Sorry, I missed the part where Lor'themar ordered them to be slaughtered in order to kick them out of Silvermoon

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 11:54 AM ----------

Then again, is anyone really surprised Vareesa would order the slaughter of her people? She didn't care much for Silvermoon while she was out whoring around with Rhonin while her sister fought to the last to defend their home.

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Sorry, I missed the part where Lor'themar ordered them to be slaughtered in order to kick them out of Silvermoon
    I missed the part where blood elves were slaughtered in Dalaran. I did the quests on both sides. There was no slaughter. Those that resisted were killed, those that didn't were arrested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things I do not understand about the High Elves

Number 1: Where the hell are they all coming from? From my understanding they are the 10% that were exiled from a race of people who has 90% of it's population exterminated. Yet they've been involved in numerous wars in Outland, Northrend and now in 5.2.

I think you miss the point in number 3 when its obvious. They are a integral part of the lore, have been since war 2, still are now more than ever. Your assumptions are based merely on the aesthetics, but most people want high elves for the lore. You can clearly see how important they are in 5.2, even over other alliance races, because it makes sense for them to be.

Now, blizzard could just have made them all blood elves/kill them, but instead, they keep bringing them to the forefront. Their lore is compelling, brother against brother, hatred, betrayal and resentment, the road not taken, the concept of choice. That's why they keep popping in the game, because they are compelling.

On another point. I'm baffled by the Veressa hate; she now needs to be on those "all the women you hate" memes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I missed the part where blood elves were slaughtered in Dalaran. I did the quests on both sides. There was no slaughter. Those that resisted were killed, those that didn't were arrested.
    And please find me an account of Quel'dorei being killed at all by the Sin'dorei when they were kicked out