Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well, OP, as u can tell the majority of replies are in favour of eating veal, we are animals after all and if its back faces the sun, you better believe we'll eat it!

Deleted
    Most meat is delicious, so is meat from baby cows.

15+ Year Old Account
    In Tesco Beef is made from Horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    Is it because if you was to call it by what it is, which is baby cow it would turn alot of people off?
    is the reason they call it veal so people dont feel bad about killing baby cows?

i have never tried veal and think its evil to kill baby animals to eat.

Bob veal is calves that are slaughtered when only a few days old (at most 1 month old) up to 60 lb.[2]
    Now that is evil and i dont understand why people do it.
    why not just wait till its older before you kill it for food?

do you guys eat veal?
    and how do you feel about this
    Adult Cow is called Beef.

I don't give a damn what the meat is. Veal is very tasty. Definately my favourite.
    10 minutes after the Calf have been removed from the cow, she has forgotten everything about it.

One difference between animals and humans is that Humans have feelings. Animals don't.
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Believe it or not, but I heard that some people even eat unborn chickens. They call them eggs.
    I think they are not fertilised.

I honestly thought veal was a special type breed of goats :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by embriox View Post
    I honestly thought veal was a special type breed of goats :/
    Uhhm baby goat....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I didn't know what veal was, so I googled it. In Dutch it's called kalfsvlees, which literally translates back to calfsmeat.
    It's yummy
    In German too. Kalbfleisch. I didn't know what veal was for the longest time.. Always thought it was weird why I couldn't buy calfmeat here in the US. lol

Well but then, it's still rather true. Most supermarket chains don't offer veal. Just the stereotype kinds of meat. Very limited variety.

Veal is yummy!!! I cook with it often. A lot of meat items are called something other than the name of the animal itself. I don't fell as its intention is to protect anyones sensibilities, just how things were named over the years with integration of different cultures and countries. As far as killing animals for food, I have no problem with it. Although I don't have any butchering skills so I might have some problems.

Is this some thinly veiled thread to save the baby cows??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tussee View Post
    One difference between animals and humans is that Humans have feelings. Animals don't.
    You are so dead wrong, literally...

You seem to think that the eating of Baby Cows is disgusting. It is a name. People eat food to survive, and in our society where food is abundant we eat food to survive, and we want it to taste good for pleasure.

It is hard to enjoy food when someone at the table asks: Please pass the deep-fried horse anus with cow semen glaze. We name things so they're not so horrible to think of, simple.

i don't call it veal, i call it delicious.

It's just the name of it which was probably derived from an old Latin pronunciation, no different to how an old sheep is called mutton. I don't see any problem with consuming veal as long as it's HUMANELY dispatched.

However, I have issues accepting Ḏabīḥah (ذَبِيْحَة) as a humane way to kill an animal. This is the Halal (Muslim) way of doing it and involves slitting the throat of an animal thus severing the wind pipe, carotid artery and jugular veins. The animal is left in a position to bleed to death whilst still concious and a stun gun is not used at all.

It's all about the method in my book.
    Alganon: Catastrophe
    -Face the Deathbreath

Don't cry. veal is delicious! same reason i like to eat adult cow. Baby cow, adult cow, doesnt make any difference to me. I don't really care if you/vegetarians/ animal activists think its evil, I love it.
    Lovin' dat calf!

why? because they are delicous.....why is it named that? because thats what people called it.

I eat it because it's tasty. As for your other question. No I wouldn't have an issue killing the calf. Dressing it would how ever be another story since I don't know how to do it. If I did though I wouldn't have an issue carving up that little sucker. I bet it would make some killer veal marsala.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGnome View Post
    However, I have issues accepting Ḏabīḥah (ذَبِيْحَة) as a humane way to kill an animal. This is the Halal (Muslim) way of doing it and involves slitting the throat of an animal thus severing the wind pipe, carotid artery and jugular veins. The animal is left in a position to bleed to death whilst still concious and a stun gun is not used at all.
    Isn't it also true that halal meat doesn't even have to be alive when they do it, as long as they do the ceremony?

I heard some sick shit about it when my local grocery store put in a halal meat section a couple years ago, but never dug too deep into it.

OT: 2/3 ground veal + 1/3 ground pork makes for the best meatballs you'll ever eat! A scoop of brown sugar in with the spices and breadcrumbs gives it a nice subtle sweetness.

Deleted
    It's just the name of it which was probably derived from an old Latin pronunciation, no different to how an old sheep is called mutton. I don't see any problem with consuming veal as long as it's HUMANELY dispatched.

I refuse to eat Hallal meat. Which is why I dont buy meat at supermarkets, as most meat there is from hallal slaughtered animals.

I have no objection to eating any animal, but I object to totally uncessary cruelty, and cutting the throat of an animal and watching it bleed to death is totally uncalled for and I refuse to condone it.

A veal is literally a calf....

True... However, it's still much more friendly to slice someone's throat and let the bleed out quickly than to slowly electrocute them over and over and over and over...
    Stun guns are NOT animal-friendly. They should be outlawed. The only thing they're good for is the fact that any idiot can use them without too much training. In short: Stun guns save money... At the expense of the animal.