Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

A reboot of the zelda games, how would it work?

The closed topic gave me a decent idea.

Zelda could use a reboot, a rather good one at that. While Twilight Princess and Skyward sword were cool, they weren't on par with the earlier games (LA, LTTP, OOC, MM etc).
    Problem I found myself with the wii games, the areas were to static, in LA even, every NPC had a function, was fun, there were an insane amount of sidequests.

So what would a good reboot be?

Open world, get the items from temples/dungeons, but in the order you want. Ofcourse that would be rather hard since the staple of Zelda is, learn item A in dungeon A, to have to use it in dungeon B. So what to do there? No clue, but more of an exploration aimed Zelda game would be good in my eyes. I felt that Skyward and Twilight were just to linear compared to the others.

What would your dream zelda game be?

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that I wont buy me a Wii until im filthy rich pretty much sums my answer up to:

my dream zelda game would be
    ...on the ps3.

but I actually dont bother that much, there are a lot of aspects that makes zelda a zelda-game... that I started to dislike over the course of my life... sooo...

my dream zelda game would be
    no zelda game...

I would actually really like to see Link's Awakening redone as a 3D game. That game just had a "vibe" that could be enhanced and refined if it were done right as a 3D game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually loved skyward sword, never really understood the hate people seemed to have for that game, I'm of the opinion that the main zelda games on console are all good enough and as Sarahjane said some of the gameboy ones could be really intressting in a 3d setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    What would your dream zelda game be?
    Darksiders. =)

There's so much cool stuff they could do, but somehow I doubt they'll have the balls to try something new.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    A link to the past, that game was fucking huge and deserves a bigger spot

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    There's so much cool stuff they could do, but somehow I doubt they'll have the balls to try something new.
    I don't know if I'd say that about Zelda tbh. The last few major releases they've done haven't exactly been run-of-the-mill stuff. Cel-shading and turning into a wolf were pretty risky changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    I actually loved skyward sword, never really understood the hate people seemed to have for that game, I'm of the opinion that the main zelda games on console are all good enough and as Sarahjane said some of the gameboy ones could be really intressting in a 3d setting.
    I hated it for 2 reasons
    #1 the graphical engine looked like shit and looked more like an origami cartoon than a video game.
    #2 The wiimote fails to replace the oldschool game controllers when it comes to most genre's of gaming especially rpg/adventure/fighting games.

I think that the series is fine, honestly. I can safely say that I've thoroughly enjoyed every game in the series so far. I'm dying for a Majora's Mask remake for the 3DS though. :P I like Ocarina of Time, but I get nostalgic over Majora's Mask more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    A link to the past, that game was fucking huge and deserves a bigger spot
    Naw I think it is fine being considered the 2nd best Zelda game by the majority of the fanbase right behind OOT.
    Some would argue it's a tie between lttp and awakening but I've never played awakening.

Though I myself have never played any zelda that is only available on a handheld because I never understood the point of buying inferior gaming devices just for portability to play shit low resolution games.

It doesn't need a reboot. Try being a successful game franchise for 25 years, where your biggest flops are still decent games.
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    I hated it for 2 reasons
    #1 the graphical engine looked like shit and looked more like an origami cartoon than a video game.
    You realize that's the look they were going for, right? Zelda never was and never will be realistic.

A Link To The Past remake or Ocarina Of Time/Majora's Mask combo.

And I'd agree with Warpedacorn - Darksiders is the best 'Zelda' game I've played in recent times.

I would love to have a zelda game with a lot more freedom to move, something like assassins creed has done movement wise (just less focus on it of course) Just being able to do it, you know? Climbing stuff, going all over the place etc. And no timed event shit like in skyward sword. I hated those three parts. Other than that, loads of sidequests that were meaningful like MM and OoT and ALttP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Naw I think it is fine being considered the 2nd best Zelda game by the majority of the fanbase right behind OOT.
    Some would argue it's a tie between lttp and awakening but I've never played awakening.

Though I myself have never played any zelda that is only available on a handheld because I never understood the point of buying inferior gaming devices just for portability to play shit low resolution games.
    Your loss basically some of the better games have been found on handhelds (rpgs especially)

but I disagree about your points in the wii making skyward sword look shit, I thought it was beautiful and had really nice music. and I really thought the wiimote made playing skyward sword feel perfectly fine, not amazing but way above par.

should try some of the handheld zeldas though, they are fun enough games

Deleted
    They reboot it every time there's a new game. New aesthetics, several changes to gameplay, same basic story repeated again and again... They reboot it all the time.

Compare the new DMC game to older ones, and compare say Skyward Sword to older Zeldas. It's pretty much the same deal. What I would like is Nintendo halting the reboots and actually developing LoZ as a standing series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to play an updated majora's mask/link to the past.

Preferably with a good port to the pc so I don't need to deal with any console bullshit.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post

Preferably with a good port to the pc so I don't need to deal with any console bullshit.
    very doubtful this will ever happen aslong as nintendo still has a console tbh, not that I blame them, I love my nintendo consoles, so much easier to deal with then a PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    When will you understand that every single zelda game is already a reboot?????

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post

I want to believe: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/12/mi...k-to-the-past/