Unhappy Different manufacturers in one gaming pc

Hey guys

I built a gaming pc recently and I have a question .. Is having different manufacturers for the parts a bad thing ?

or dose it effect the performance badly ? or in anyway ?

So long as you don't mean using an AMD processor in an Intel motherboard - no.

aha ! thanks !

cuz a vendor told me today that parts need to be all from the same manufacturer and he was a gigabyte seller .. hmmm maybe he tried to trick me or something

ok what do you think of these build .. which one is better ?

-------------------------------------------
    i5 3570k

z77x-d3h gigabyte

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 OC 2 GB

650w power supply

kingston 8 gb 1600mhz

kingston ssd 120gb

WD caviar black 1tb

Cooler master hyper 212 evo

------------------------------------------

-OR-

------------------------------------------

Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM - WD1002FAEX

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DispayPort PCI-Express Video Card (N680GTX LIGHTNING)

Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply Compatible with Core i3, i5, i7 and platforms - TX650

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
    (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)

AS Rock LGA1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3.0 Quad CrossFireX and Quad SLI A GbE ATX Motherboard Z77 EXTREME4

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)

Samsung Electronics 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 128 SATA_6_0_gb Solid State Drive MZ-7PD128BW

-----------------------------------------------------------

???

I'd go with the second one, believe the 840 Pro SSD is a little bigger, also the MSI Lightnings are unlocked graphics cards and are very good

Yeah, that's just bullshit.

Either will do you good honestly, though no info on the PSU on the first one is bad. If you don't know any info on it yourself, just because of that I'd go with the second one. You also have no information on which kingston memory is in it, or the SSD.

The second one will be a solid choice.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

The second build is slightly better.

Also if you mix brands you computer will explode, just like you can't walk without matching socks.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I'd say the second one as well. Make sure you get the low profile corsair ram so you don't run into clearance issues like I did.

Between those 2 builds there are only a few differences that matter, those are, the ssd, and PSU.
    The second build has a better SSD in terms of reliability (840> any Kingston for reliability) however can't say 100% about performance, however the performance will be negligible for gaming.
    The second build also has a decent PSU whereas the first build it isn't noted so i assume it is a case stock psu, which i would never use.

So yeah, 2nd build is better w/o seeing pricing.

P.S Brand never needs to match

T took that one

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 04:25 PM ----------

-.-

the first build is from a local store and the psu is called Greenmax from gigabyte http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3388#kf

and I don't know which ram because i didn't take the model of the one he showed me the same with the ssd but i think this is the one :http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Hyper...ston+ssd+120gb

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 04:35 PM ----------

could you please compare the GPUs ?which one is better in every way ?

Only reason I can see for having the same "brand" in your computer is matching looks. Like an ASUS card goes really well with a Maximus V card etc....

Apart from that, always get the best possible part for your computer. There can be a big difference between MSI and EVGA in actual quality and performance, especially if you don't want to OC yourself. With that said, the Gigabyte GTX680 OC is a ridiculously good card.

I would say the MSI GTX680 Lightning is just a tad better.

I have that same SSD for my games and I haven't had a problem with it yet. Its plenty fast and the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter plate is included. As for the GPUs I'm leaning toward the MSI though they're both pretty decent.