15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Coming Back to the game and my DK after a year's break. Got a few questions..

1) Is it possible to get past Razorgore in BWL?
    2) Are Sunwell, Black Temple, Ulduar and ICC in any form (10 or 25) soloable?
    3) What gear set is more useful to solo? Tank or DPS?
    1) Razorgore is soloable these days. Getting hit while channeling the orb takes so little off the cast time that you can recast it when it ends.
    2) First two are trivial. The latter two, majority is. Not sure about fights like Thorim and Gunship.
    3) DPS by far. You won't be needing a tank set unless you're tackling MoP content.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    1) Razorgore is soloable these days. Getting hit while channeling the orb takes so little off the cast time that you can recast it when it ends.
    2) First two are trivial. The latter two, majority is. Not sure about fights like Thorim and Gunship.
    3) DPS by far. You won't be needing a tank set unless you're tackling MoP content.
    1) This was soloable in Cataclysm, I believe, and hunters/warlocks could do it in Wrath.
    2) Everything is soloable, with the exception of Valithria 25H.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    1) This was soloable in Cataclysm, I believe, and hunters/warlocks could do it in Wrath.
    2) Everything is soloable, with the exception of Valithria 25H.
    Well, you *could* do Razorgore with engineering before they made it easier. But that's kinda nitpicking in my opinion. For part deux, Valithria 25N has been soloed?

Edit: This IS the DK solo thread though.
    Last edited by Kraeth; 2013-08-23 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    Trying to do Vailthra. Using Double warglaives (anyone know any betters weps to use? ) and the best attempt i got was 85% before i got flooded with adds aka beserkish thingy. Anyone got more tips aside stack as much stam as possible? (900k health) and fast 1hs ?
    Try to outrange your bloodworms so they do not split the healing between you and her. I think I did it with around 730k hp so you should be fine

Thanks Kraeth. Currently leveling to 90 (88 atm) and wanted to know what set to work on getting first. I guess it's gonna be DPS.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you *could* do Razorgore with engineering before they made it easier. But that's kinda nitpicking in my opinion. For part deux, Valithria 25N has been soloed?

Edit: This IS the DK solo thread though.

I think Warlocks in Wrath/Cataclysm were the only class that actually needed engineering (correct me if I'm wrong). Hunters had Disengage, and we DKs had to use healing to aggro mobs or something.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inter/advanced

Shall i even bother trying for LK 25HC, or should keep praying to LFR gods to get me some moar gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Deleted
    Go for it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post

Shall i even bother trying for LK 25HC, or should keep praying to LFR gods to get me some moar gear?
    I would say get a bit more.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks fnx and mione. tips are appreciated. I'll be bashing my head against that today. Ill update with progress/ hopeful kill shot :P wish me luck.

75% best attempt so far. no idea...

edit number 2. 55%. I'm done for the night. I don't know what else to do. jasper amethyst and cobalt up.
    Last edited by Gersomence; 2013-08-25 at 07:29 AM.

get spark = win , extremly boosts dps :S

Just to update some tables, this dk who posted magmaw 25 hc, occu'thar 25 and halfus 25 hc on this thread with 547 item level also managed to do morchok 25, shannox 25 and majordomo 25, looks like even cataclysm final raids are becoming possible in other modes.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2Dd...?feature=watch

Also, if someone doesn't know what to do with his dps gear (not sure my 534 item level is enough), I don't see a reason why yor'sahj 25 normal wouldn't be doable, it should have 90 millions (just guessing, it's 3x as much as 10) and as such it would require only 150k dps over 10 mins, I doubt the damage he does or the oozes do would be a problem, can probably take a trash group for vengeance in case. If no one does it I'll try it myself next week (saved this week).

Hi.
    I'm just wondering if I can go solo stuff with full dps gear? Or should I have tanking gear etc?
    My current gear is this:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...owlol/advanced

When I'm talking about soloing stuff, I'm meaning stuff like Icc25 HC or Ulduar 25man hc etc so I can go get myself them mounts :3

Also is there something that I can't solo in these raids I mentioned with full dps gear? Like do I take to much dmg since I don't have any avoidance in dps gear

Quote Originally Posted by Fjelltispe View Post
    Hi.
    I'm just wondering if I can go solo stuff with full dps gear? Or should I have tanking gear etc?
    My current gear is this:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...owlol/advanced

When I'm talking about soloing stuff, I'm meaning stuff like Icc25 HC or Ulduar 25man hc etc so I can go get myself them mounts :3
    You outgear heroic 25 LK though you might have a few wipes getting used to the fight. As for Ulduar enjoy 3 more lockouts until being unable to solo Yogg 25 unless you go Night Elf due to Salyin Battle Standard no longer working in raids.

Also is there something that I can't solo in these raids I mentioned with full dps gear? Like do I take to much dmg since I don't have any avoidance in dps gear
    From ICC and Ulduar the only fights I can think of where you'd have trouble soloing in pure DPS gear are Deathbringer Saurfang and Dreamwalker due to low mastery and annoyance of healing from Blood Worms, respectively. Algalon is more a DPS check than a survival check since you need to kill him before being Phase Punch -> Ascend to the Heavens to death.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-08-25 at 05:29 AM.

You need more gear if you want to do him as tank. Try to get ~500-510 ilvl dps gear and you will have solid chances. Or simply wait 2 weeks and farm Timless island for 535 items.
    Also - get the boots from Darspear rebellion, it's 502 and very easy to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    You outgear heroic 25 LK though you might have a few wipes getting used to the fight. As for Ulduar enjoy 3 more lockouts until being unable to solo Yogg 25 unless you go Night Elf due to Salyin Battle Standard no longer working in raids.

From ICC and Ulduar the only fights I can think of where you'd have trouble soloing in pure DPS gear are Deathbringer Saurfang and Dreamwalker due to low mastery and annoyance of healing from Blood Worms, respectively. Algalon is more a DPS check than a survival check since you need to kill him before being Phase Punch -> Ascend to the Heavens to death.
    Just to clarify: you do not need to clear all the bosses prior LK/YS if you only want mounts from them. Save on alt solves all the problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting really frustrated with Sinestra. I'm not sure what causes the debuff stack reset on Mione's video but I haven't been able to replicate it beyond a single time. Also, eggs randomly get a new shield immediately, drakes won't absorb pools every now and then etc. Prolly doing it wrong, tips?

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply. The stacks aren't a big issues (AMS) but the eggs getting reshielded is what destroys my attempts. The drakes also randomly reset. For absorb, I'm pretty sure I've been doing it wrong.

Mione, what are your thoughts on the SoO trinkets compared to ToT?

Thanks for the reply. The stacks aren't a big issues (AMS) but the eggs getting reshielded is what destroys my attempts. The drakes also randomly reset. For absorb, I'm pretty sure I've been doing it wrong.
    Are the eggs actually reshielding, or never losing their shield in the first place? One of the issues I had on the fight was thinking that the shield dropped when the emote went out: I'd stop hitting Sinestra, her mana would go back over Calen's, and she'd push the beam back far enough before the eggs ever became vulnerable. The best way to deal with it is to just wait until her mana actually recovers to full before leaving, particularly the second time you do it. That's the sign that the shield is down and you've got 30s of DPS time. If it's an actual bug you're dealing with... gl I guess .

Drakes resetting just brings them back to their landing spot with full HP. Considering you can taunt them back into the fight without leaving melee range of Sinestra, it's actually kind of a good thing.

And lastly, it's worth restating that p3 is remarkably easy compared to the rest of the fight. Don't stress too much about making a clean transition into the phase or doing it perfectly, you're much more likely to die to the earlier phases.

I truly think RNG hates my guts on baleroc H. 4 purple blades in a row with 3 of them being 3 strikes not 2. ><><><><><>. Not to mention i wiped at 5%
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?