Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    They did everything on Heroic

I guess my mistake was that i switched to 10m hc and then tried to switch to 25m, which did not work.
    Thank you though.
    If they did any boss on heroic you will share that ID for the rest of the week, so if they killed LK you should be saved for him.

Doesn't Riposte work on old content? The buff gabe me whopping 0 crit.

[edit] Nevermind, it just works on dodge/parry rating off items, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    not only because of the vengeance nerf but rppm trinkets and legendary meta gem won't procc as much as back in 5.3 due to fixes with runic corruption and improved blood presence. even with the legendary cloak i was far away from my best kill (didnt use bloodlust drums)
    That's disappointing. I mean, I'll finally have my legendary cloak tomorrow (took 7 weeks to get 11/12 runestones) and I'll have 6 chances for a new weapon this next lockout, which will help a ton, so there's something there.

I've thought about cheesing the phase transitions (Before, I would stay on the outside of the ring so I could see the ice spheres and kill them before they get to me - made the enrage very close but it was the only way I could do it). How in the world do you say in on the phase transitions and not get owned by the ice spheres, because they're destroying me.

It works on ratings, yes, so it is worth almost nothing.
    However, the tooltip says exactly 0 ("zero"), which is probably a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    And coming back to this, you should use this buff. Get 10 stacks (max), then bring a electrocuter to nalak in order to refresh it before the pull, pull Nalak and bring him close to the mine (can't get him inside or he resets), then just death grip one of the electrocuters every time it respawns. The buff lasts 2 min and the respawn happens every 1min 30s.
    Still not a cakewalk to outheal, but at least possible that way. Used the tank meta for this, btw.
    Hahahahaha, wow, didn't think you could pull him over there. I knew about the buff but never bothered to Nalak with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    That's disappointing. I mean, I'll finally have my legendary cloak tomorrow (took 7 weeks to get 11/12 runestones) and I'll have 6 chances for a new weapon this next lockout, which will help a ton, so there's something there.

I've thought about cheesing the phase transitions (Before, I would stay on the outside of the ring so I could see the ice spheres and kill them before they get to me - made the enrage very close but it was the only way I could do it). How in the world do you say in on the phase transitions and not get owned by the ice spheres, because they're destroying me.
    For spheres I just drop DnD on CD right in the middle. You can basically dance around Lich King if one spawns too close for comfort. Blood Boil should cut down the spheres fast too. The worst part about the transitions and the spheres is when you're silenced.

Deleted

I have a macro which I use. As soon as you see one coming down, run towards where it'll drop and start spamming this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Rune Strike
    /tar Ice Sphere
    /case Rune Strike
    /tar The Lich King
    They take a few seconds to activate so you can easily one hit them with this. Make sure you have enough RP for a RS though :P This works 95% of the time for me, sometimes I get unlucky and get blown off (or even more rarely I get blown away but land on the edge).

You should be able to take off like 6%+ in each transition this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    I have a macro which I use. As soon as you see one coming down, run towards where it'll drop and start spamming this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Rune Strike
    /tar Ice Sphere
    /case Rune Strike
    /tar The Lich King
    They take a few seconds to activate so you can easily one hit them with this. Make sure you have enough RP for a RS though :P This works 95% of the time for me, sometimes I get unlucky and get blown off (or even more rarely I get blown away but land on the edge).

You should be able to take off like 6%+ in each transition this way.

I'll give that a shot tonight - I'm soo close, if I can nab even 4-5% in the transitions I think I'll have him down. and of course after tuesday I'll have my legendary cloak and 6 chances at a new weapon, so that should help up my deeps fairly substantially, I should think.

Deleted
    Finally, after 25 or something solo kills, and doing Icecrown citadel since WOTLK.... FINALLY, I got my fav mount in the game <3 http://i.imgur.com/I0mJOo6.jpg

Thanks to you guys in the thread, with info about how to solo LK25hc, and everything. <3

Funny how I had loads of trouble on LK this reset, RNG silence causing me to wipe sometimes, and then ghouls stayed alive and caused last phase to bug out, and had to run in again, etc... All worth it! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    Finally, after 25 or something solo kills, and doing Icecrown citadel since WOTLK.... FINALLY, I got my fav mount in the game <3 http://i.imgur.com/I0mJOo6.jpg

Thanks to you guys in the thread, with info about how to solo LK25hc, and everything. <3

Funny how I had loads of trouble on LK this reset, RNG silence causing me to wipe sometimes, and then ghouls stayed alive and caused last phase to bug out, and had to run in again, etc... All worth it! <3
    Grats man.

Deleted
    I'll give that a shot tonight - I'm soo close, if I can nab even 4-5% in the transitions I think I'll have him down. and of course after tuesday I'll have my legendary cloak and 6 chances at a new weapon, so that should help up my deeps fairly substantially, I should think.
    A guildie told me that you can only use one coin per boss per week now, which means this wouldn't work. Can anyone verify this? I will find out tomorrow I guess (EU), but it would be nice to know

Not sure I'll be doing it anyway since I prefer axes, but we'll see.

What ilevel do you need as a minimum to solo LK HC?

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    A guildie told me that you can only use one coin per boss per week now, which means this wouldn't work. Can anyone verify this? I will find out tomorrow I guess (EU), but it would be nice to know

Not sure I'll be doing it anyway since I prefer axes, but we'll see.
    When I say 6, I expect something like this -

Sha of Pride LFR + Bonus Roll
    Sha of Pride Flex + Bonus Roll
    Nazgrim Flex + Bonus Roll

(Not necessarily in that order)

So 6 chances - which is pretty good for me because I went in last night again and even spamming that macro I still eventually got plowed off the platform by those damned spheres.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    What ilevel do you need as a minimum to solo LK HC?
    500 ilevel (assuming you mean 25-man).

Even though Mione already did it, soloed Chi-ji this morning before realms went down... kind of. Got him (her?) down to about 70% before people slowly started to help DPS'ing. Think I got an 4-5 DPS to come help me finish him off (2 of which kept dying to fire :|). Whole thing took about 33 minutes, didn't have a dedicated healer, 516~ ilvl in tank gear with 160% mastery (roughly). Vamp blood and the mastery on use VP trinket are sexy for that.

Quote Originally Posted by fletchii View Post
    It is not random at all. She only triggers the transition into phase 2 when there are no guardians alive while she's at 1hp.

For phase 2: her beam doesn't seem to reduce your sanity at all anymore. I only lost sanity during the brain phase and phase 3.

But we can get hit by malady of the mind which can cause minor issues.

At least we don't rely on the banner anymore.
    Tried multiple times, wasn't able to, 538 dps gear. I'm sure this wasn't a requirement (all guardians dead + sara 1 hp) in patch 5.3 for it to transition.

Tried one single time as frost, managed to get to p2, died after ofc, but it's easier to kill the guardians as they give very low vengeance.

Anything we can do to kill the adds faster? Tried even bringing them at the same hp, but then another one spawns at the same time, it's really annoying, even spent 15 mins (past enrage and nothing happens) trying to kill guardians once, over 100 guardians, no p2.

anyone else not having Vezax spawn in Ulduar? Cleared everything up to him and have reset multiple times and still not there : /

Quote Originally Posted by artze View Post
    anyone else not having Vezax spawn in Ulduar? Cleared everything up to him and have reset multiple times and still not there : /
    Yeah this happened to me a few times, even before the patch. Set the difficulty to 10 man or 25 man (opposite of what it's currently on), and he'll be there. Alternative is to exit the instance and come back in 2-3 hours.

Keep in mind when you say you've reset the instance, pressing "Reset all instances" doesn't reset trash/bosses in raids. Also if you're on 10 man, set it to 25 man, and then back to 10 man, that doesn't reset the instance either. The only way to reset it to wait the 2-3 hour time-frame, or set it to the opposite raid size as that launches a new instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    500 ilevel (assuming you mean 25-man).
    That low? Even in 5.4?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    That low? Even in 5.4?
    cant imagine him being soloable with ilvl 500 anymore.. i think its more like 510+