[no longer important]
    Last edited by Tyranitar; 2013-09-18 at 09:31 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    cant imagine him being soloable with ilvl 500 anymore.. i think its more like 510+
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    That low? Even in 5.4?
    I would disagree. I'm a pretty poor player, and I beat the enrage by a minute at ilevel 516. A better player would be able to do it easily at ilevel 500 - we don't scale well with Vengeance

I have a question about item choice, mostly to mionelol and top soloists, if possible ofc.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95225/br...-consuming-maw non-thunderforged and upgraded (530 item level)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=99608 flex and upgraded (548 item level)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95229/pa...-consuming-maw non-thunderforged and upgraded (530 item level)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=105796/r...shoulderplates from ordos and upgraded (567 item level)

At the moment I have the 4x old set bonus (zandalari minions + soul reaper 45%). If I replaced these 2 items I'd still have the 2x, but replacing any of them makes me lose the 4x.

Is it worth losing the set bonus for the additional stats for blood dps? And for frost (remember that frost has another effect, killing machine working also on soul reaper on the 4x bonus)?

Also, other question, not as important as this, but still: spark of zandalar normal and upgraded (530) and shado'pan assault talisman upgraded (530) vs http://www.wowhead.com/item=102295/fusion-fire-core upgraded (561), true, the strength effect is better, but considering the other effect is cleave damage and no basic stats, on single target should I take it over any of the other 2? If so, which?

Hey guys, I recently started soloing raids with my DK, and Im currently having some trouble in ICC.
    First of all Im curious if Im doing something wrong regarding my dps, as Im having trouble with reaching the enrage timer on bosses like Prof. Putricide and Sindragosa on 25man HC. I havent tried LK on 25man HC yet, but has been succesful on 25man normal. My ilvl is 511, so anyone got any tips?

Also can someone explain that glider trick to skip Dreamwalker without having engineering?

Quote Originally Posted by Frendar View Post
    Also can someone explain that glider trick to skip Dreamwalker without having engineering?
    How are you going to use a glider if you don't have engineering? Something I missed?

Golden Glider sold by Ku-Mo <Hand-Made Kites> for 1000 timeless coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    Golden Glider sold by Ku-Mo <Hand-Made Kites> for 1000 timeless coins.
    You can only use it on the isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    yes to both items
    trinkets: i have no idea for single target, altho i'd say the fusion fire core is probably on top. just a gut feeling tho, no clue really.
    Ok, thanks for the answer. I'll swap chest and shoulders and probably will do some tests on the trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    You can only use it on the isle.
    Was that changed from PTR to Live? Thought it was usable anywhere before.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Was that changed from PTR to Live? Thought it was usable anywhere before.
    I think so, I haven't tested it myself and I won't waste my coins on it but the second highest comment on wowhead says so and it was posted in 5.4

So im soloing rag. in the 120+ pages can someone point me to how to do this on normal. I keep getting a stacking debuff and die around 80%. Also how to kill those crazy worms. I used invis pots to get past them but I would prefer not to keep using a pot each time to pass them on Rag wipes.

I am 543ilev in dps gear should be 550 by end of the week so I know I have the gear just not the technique .

You can reset the debuff by summoning your ghoul and walking back. You thus are out of the bosses range and he choses the next target available, which is the ghoul. However you need to heal him with death coils Use this trick each time your ghoul is available and the stacks should be faceroll to outheal You eat like no physical damage, so reforge to haste instead of mastery if you have trouble.

Worms are basically using all your CDs and bursting them down. The damage taken is REALLY high, but since they were soloable with ~500 or so you should have no problems with them. AMS + Lichborne = win obviously.

Imo the main part of the fight is the third phase since it needs a bit of training to deal with those meteors, but actually (espacially with your gear!) the fight is quite easy

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    So im soloing rag. in the 120+ pages can someone point me to how to do this on normal. I keep getting a stacking debuff and die around 80%. Also how to kill those crazy worms. I used invis pots to get past them but I would prefer not to keep using a pot each time to pass them on Rag wipes.

I am 543ilev in dps gear should be 550 by end of the week so I know I have the gear just not the technique .
    This is going to be a fairly shameless plug, but I did do a blog post on soloing a couple of bosses. My heroic Rag section will probably give you all the information you need to complete normal Rag as well since you deal with less mechanics: http://sonofalich.com/?p=2081
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

I mean... umm... yeah, in the future drums and stuff.
    Last edited by Murozond; 2013-09-19 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Oops I broke character!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murozond View Post
    So, I've been reviewing my professions and I am very seriously considering dropping Enchanting for Leatherworking. While having an enchanter is nice for my QoL, I'm really thinking that having Bloodlust in my arsenal can help me push a lot more than I can right now. Curious to hear anyone else's thoughts on Leatherworking from a solist perspective (my other profession, of course, is engineering.)
    The BL drums are usable by anyone, regardless of profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    The BL drums are usable by anyone, regardless of profession.
    And they are awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, I recently started soloing raids with my DK, and Im currently having some trouble in ICC.
    First of all Im curious if Im doing something wrong regarding my dps, as Im having trouble with reaching the enrage timer on bosses like Prof. Putricide and Sindragosa on 25man HC. I havent tried LK on 25man HC yet, but has been succesful on 25man normal. My ilvl is 511, so anyone got any tips?

Check out posts on the MOB 'Plague Scientist'. You can Enslave this bad boy and set up a macro for his plague stream ability that will basically double your damage while you've got him around. Helps a ton with DPS.

Been trying to get LK 25man HC down now, got him to 25% before he enraged, but Im not really sure how Im supposed to pull more dps.
    ilvl is 516 and havent been using drums, but does those really make that much of a difference?

Been trying to get LK 25man HC down now, got him to 25% before he enraged, but Im not really sure how Im supposed to pull more dps.
    ilvl is 516 and havent been using drums, but does those really make that much of a difference?
    I've been working on HCLK25 for awhile, and while I don't have a 'kill', I'm damned close (seriously - 11% wipe last night :|) Here are some tips, some from my own experience and some passed on from other posters:

• Make use of any and all buffs you can get your hands on. Flask, +300 Str food, Drums of Kings, Runescroll of Fortitude, and so on and so forth.
    • Use your DRW wisely. Since it no longer has a cost, you should use it on cooldown with no problems. Once DRW buff is up, pop outbreak again for double diseases on the LK (this is a great time for synapse springs, trinkets, etc.)
    • During phase transitions, try to stay in the middle and keep as much DPS on LK as possible. Have a macro that targets Icy Spheres so you can quickly kill them as soon as they spawn, but make sure you aren't relying on spells that don't function when you are silenced as the Raging Spirits can make you have a bad day.
    • If you are an engineer, getting punted off the platform isn't necessarily a wipe (though you still lose a bit of DPS time, which can be crucial). Simply pop your goblin glider when punted off the platform to float back in. Non-Engineers can use the item from Timeless Isle to achieve the same effect.
    • Drums of rage are awesome - use them. Preferably pop drums of rage, along with a mogu power potion, right before the fight activates (line these up with other cooldowns, Timmy, and Army) You'll be able to use them again in Phase 3 for your final push as well.

There are surely many other tips that seasoned soloers can and hopefully will give, but those are some of the big things from my experience. (something I'm still fuzzy on is how to deal with the frostmourne room - what's the best way to handle this part of the fight?)

Monteverdi pretty much summed up the fight. You'll lose damage compared to pre-5.4 because of the Vengeance changes but as long as you can get 5% or so of LK's health every transition you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    There are surely many other tips that seasoned soloers can and hopefully will give, but those are some of the big things from my experience. (something I'm still fuzzy on is how to deal with the frostmourne room - what's the best way to handle this part of the fight?)
    Initially I just blood boiled in the Frostmourne room so the spirits would never get to me, but that sometimes left me leaving Frostmourne at a lower than desired health%. Just death strike the spirits as they come to you/get close to you. You'll probably miss some from them dying to auto-attacks but just be smart about positioning and any small CDs to keep you above 90% for when you get out of Frostmourne.