Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Nope. In 10/25 Heroic you must kill Ultraxion before the wipe mechanic goes off from the First Hour of Twilight not hitting enough players.
    So, 50+ million in .. 30-45 seconds ?
    Not really possible

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    So, 50+ million in .. 30-45 seconds ?
    Not really possible
    Maybe in absolute BiS with superb rng. Certainly not a farmable boss pre-WoD. Any particular reason you went for hc solo or just for the fun of it? :P

Deleted
    Just for the fun of it, and the fact that bosses in DS hc loots far more gold than in normal mode (and I really need to have some gold to "buy" a CM boost before they are no longer possible -as I have done no CM before I'm basically screwed as there are no-one that wants people with no xp.. - and no, I don't have the patience to stay 20 hours a day in front of the AH so soloing is the best source of gold income for me)

15+ Year Old Account
    I too make most of my money via soloing, but are you sure you need to buy a CM boost? At least Blood DKs are so hot for CMs you can say 'hey, dunno what I do but can you tell me a vid' and you'll get a group. Heck, if you run the CMs after watching the vids I'd say there are propably people that pay you to join their CM runs.

Edit: I mean, I've got gold and had at some point realm bests in all of 'em. Blood is just *fantastic* in CMs. You might wanna check it out even if you're MS dps. If you're not going for realm bests BDK is the way to go.

The only instance I didn't tank gold was Brewery, and that was because my pc couldn't handle the Roiling Blood with all the monkeys before the first boss.
    Last edited by Kraeth; 2014-06-15 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    I too make most of my money via soloing, but are you sure you need to buy a CM boost? At least Blood DKs are so hot for CMs you can say 'hey, dunno what I do but can you tell me a vid' and you'll get a group. Heck, if you run the CMs after watching the vids I'd say there are propably people that pay you to join their CM runs.
    I don't have much friends (most of them have stopped playing the game), and less that are interested in CMs. In my guild some are interested but when I mention it it's "yeah it would be nice to do it" and when I try to form a group it's "naah not this evening". On OpenRaid when, by extraordinary chance there's a group that doesn't require experience the probability that it's happening during my works hours is near 98%. I won't even talk about oQueue... So... Don't have much choice :'(

Hmm, I just tried to solo Ultraxion in 10hc, but... I don't see how it can be possible, as if the Hour of Twilight doesn't hit at least two players the aspects die.
    Am I missing something ?
    45 sec till 1st Hour, 72 mln hp = 1.6 mln dps. 1-2 more expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Generally speaking as a level 100 char you will have:
    - nothing against MoP mobs
    - x16.5 damage and +90% damage reduction against everything else
    Absolute faceroll in WoD if this goes live. The only pre-MoP boss that will still be a massive pain is Spine, surprise! Let's poke 'em with a sharp stick at some point that they'll change the encounter around like they did with lootship etc.

Deleted
    Absolute faceroll in WoD if this goes live. The only pre-MoP boss that will still be a massive pain is Spine, surprise! Let's poke 'em with a sharp stick at some point that they'll change the encounter around like they did with lootship etc.
    Yeah, Spine...
    They really need to make him not the absolute pain in the ass that it is (Valithria too, but as an Engineer I can't really complain, always nice to skip her and go to Sindragosa directly )

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Spine...
    They really need to make him not the absolute pain in the ass that it is (Valithria too, but as an Engineer I can't really complain, always nice to skip her and go to Sindragosa directly )
    Ditto. Still haven't soloed Valithria to this day.

they changed lootship?

personally id like if spine didnt change its nice to have something you cant just blow up in 2 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    they changed lootship?

personally id like if spine didnt change its nice to have something you cant just blow up in 2 seconds
    They changed it so it doesn't reset or do weird buggy things. (just like Kalecgos etc)

The annoying spine rng should be changed imo. I cba to try this boss, but nobody talks good about it^^
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

He has only 56M health on 10H

Yeah, stupid random video with unannaunced % of debuff wronged me -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    He has only 56M health on 10H
    56,271,500 HP in 10-man heroic, 45 seconds until first Hour of Twilight with a 3 second cast and about 7 seconds thereafter his Twilight Eruption (5 sec cast) goes off, killing you.

So being generous with a 55 second hard timer you end up with: 56,271,500 / 55 = 1023118.1818182 DPS over the 55 seconds. Now last I checked that's completely impossible to pull off solo on any class and even less so when you have to heal through his significant split AoE and occasional 300k melee crits.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    they changed lootship?

Probably the biggest change was to the tar that Riflemen spam since there's no-one on the deck while you're in the cannon; it does next to no damage to your ship, compared to tar the marines/sergeants use which deals a lot more damage.

Well to nerf Spine all they need to do (assuming previously mentioned 16.5/90% goes live) is to change barrel roll so it won't remove big elementals if you are alone there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well to nerf Spine all they need to do (assuming previously mentioned 16.5/90% goes live) is to change barrel roll so it won't remove big elementals if you are alone there.
    I think the biggest change needed would be to stop the grips from happening when there's only one target or something along those lines. The rolling is a pain, but the grips are what makes the fight immensely crappy.

Well, that's only if you're doing the fight on Heroic. On normal, the grips aren't a problem at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's only if you're doing the fight on Heroic. On normal, the grips aren't a problem at all.
    They can be a pain when you blow up an amalgation, IIRC you could get gripped at that point if you didn't recently kill a tentacle. This really is just from my memory, last time I did it was like a year ago.

Deleted
    For having done this fight on heroic with an awful number of attempts (650+) on my monk, plus confirmation, I can assert that it's impossible to get grip if we have a healing debuff upon us. In other words, it's possible to gain some seconds with an intelligent management of the GCDs (DS timing + no self healing during the Searing Plasma that happens just before the grip) + 8 other seconds before a new grip after having remove the debuff. The heroic difficulty imposes to make a CD management (AMS ?) on the Blood Death debuff each time an amalgamation spawns and stay for 8 seconds without a roll before, which, consequently, requires to push the timing on without being gripped.

That being said, Spine (even more on heroic) is an encounter where all the mecanisms are overlapped : it's not a matter of grip or Blood Death debuff, but rather of Blood Death debuff depending on Tentacle despawn, depending on Grip timer, depending on self healing delay, depending on CD management and ALL of this depend on a strategy to make spawning more amalgamations in order to clean the map with the bloods (that spawn endlessly in heroic, until becoming unbearables) and that reduces the fight to the fact (in heroic at less, normal is faceroll) it's an insane DPS race against the survival (before being overwhelmed ).

The itemization requires a parry/dodge build to play on the mitigation and healing delay, but still with the certitude to have at least enough DPS for destroying the tendons in two passages, which makes the fight something like 50X easier than destroying them in three passages (causing some issues on the enrage timer 15min).

There's a lot of progression on this encounter, but I would say, neglecting the timing (which is everything, yep Shek'Zeer !), the best progression points are :
    1) Not to keep running right and left and right and left endlessly. It's a move on the right. Here we can wait for 2 secs. Then a move on the left. Again, we can wait for 2 secs. Then, a move on the right. Again again, we can wait for 2 secs... and so on... => Maximising DPS. It also helps to place the amalgamations upon the decided side while the explosion is coming, and not to commit stupid mistakes .
    2) Cleaving the tentacle in order to make it low health extremely quickly. Then, just a Death Coil, and it's perfect !
    3) To always keep a CD for relief, especially if there's a mistake in the Blood Death debuff management.

Anyway, my opinion is that this encounter is a nightmare, so it's better to duo-kill this one. However, if somebody persists to look for a down on heroic, I would advert : "The only part of RNG that can be found is about the tentacle spawns. There's no RNG about the grips if the Searing Plasma debuff is well-used. To put it in a nutshell, it's all about timing and perseverence for a fight that is, approximately and non-exaggeratedly, 200X harder than the normal version".