That would be interesting actually, might be doable with enough mastery.

However, I've been trying some 25 hcs of cata, did magmaw, omnotron and atramedes in BWD, magmaw requiring a bit more mastery and tank meta (for me, that is), omnotron being doable in full dps, and atramedes requiring more attempts than the others, buffs and enough stamina to outheal the wiping ability he uses at 100 sound for all the fight while still having enough dps gear to get him at 6 mil when he enraged, so I could finish him with all cds.

In FL so far I did alysrazor and shannox 25 hc, alysrazor back with 564 item level dps gear, shannox 577 or so 170% mastery and used the trick to kill riplimb to reset stacks, once was enough.

And then I tried bot 25 hc, as 2nd and 3rd bosses are doable and shouldn't be complete nightmares like, for example, the first boss due to healing reduction drake.

Gave valiona and theralion a few tries, but they have 164 mil hp compared to about 78 mil on 25 normal, the difference is huge! Also due to the mechanic that sends me inside the twilight realm and I keep getting more stacks, and the adds inside that keep spawning I just cannot outheal all of that in dps gear.

It's also magic damage, so mastery doesn't help either, even with a 1,15 mil hp stamina set I was only able to survive 9 min 30 and get bosses to 65 mil hp or so, there's only 1 video of youtube (quicktum did it) and he has 1,2 mil hp, 4x tank set bonus and quite high mastery, from armory he has bis tank gear (the one time I saw him wearing it) and he outhealed enrage from 40 mil to 0.

The problem is I don't think I'm too undergeared for the fight (578 dps gear and 577 with a 100% mastery and 1,15 mil hp stamina set and again, only magic damage is the issue till before enrage), even on atramedes he enraged at 19% initially, then with some more crit gear I managed to make him enrage at 6% and kill him, but on this fight I just can't handle all the adds quickly enough to not get insane amounts of shadow damage debuff (100 stacks is cap but it hurts).

For now, I gave up, killed them on 25 normal in dps gear in 5 min 30 and did elementium monstrosity 25 hc, what was fun in the end (did it in full dps gear 78% mastery, once again, only magic damage mattered), had 150k left, but I plan to go back to theralion and valiona next week, so would like to know if anyone tried\did it and has any ideas to improve.

For one, on my last try, I managed to do 78 millions damage in about 7 mins (when I died) by trying to max dps (drw when I could and ignored adds in those seconds) when theralion's 100% damage and healing buff was active, but it would only mean 114 millions at the enrage, so enraged at 50 mil is still 10 mil slower than the video, so survival and enrage issues at the same time!

@Esploratore

Yes, I killed the Whale Shark with 560 ilevel, 180% mastery. It took a few attempts ~

What do you guys think about doing Wind Lord Mel'jarak on live?

I was wondering if anyone had any insight about soloing MSV / TOT at level 100. I have a few dks at 90 and was wondering how high level I would need to get them to in order to solo both Elegon and Ji'kun.

They should be really, really easy. Probably doable in heroic blue gear.

Ji'kun might even be doable right now on live with heroic tank gear, Elegon isn't doable any more unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post

Ji'kun might even be doable right now on live with heroic tank gear, Elegon isn't doable any more unfortunately
    Did Blizzard fix the Enrage reset thing by forcing a transition?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Yes, as I found out to my detriment about a week ago. Only Warlocks can solo him now

(I ranted about this at the top of the previous page, lol).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    So I've heard.

Ji'kun is prolly doable but it's such a long, long fight I don't think nobody has done it. I think Mione gave it a shot and said it's theoretically doable back in early 5.4.

No ideas at all for theralion 25 hc? Pretty sure I formatted my previous post this time though!

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    No ideas at all for theralion 25 hc? Pretty sure I formatted my previous post this time though!
    Well, it didn't appear as though you were asking for help - it just seemed that you were commenting on your experiences! :P

Honestly, I don't have much to say about Valiona and Theralion 25H; it just seems to be a brute DPS check, just like it is on other difficulties. Improve your execution by practice, more gear, etc.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-09-08 at 12:24 AM.

What level do you think they will both become doable at? mid 90s or do you think getting to 100 will be required?

Well, it didn't appear as though you were asking for help - it just seemed that you were commenting on your experiences! :P

Honestly, I don't have much to say about Valiona and Theralion 25H; it just seems to be a brute DPS check, just like it is on other difficulties. Improve your execution by practice, more gear, etc.
    Ahah, I see.

The one who did them answered on his video that it was probably the hardest fight he did pre 4 item upgrades, so I assume he was using like 580 tank gear with all bonuses ofc; unfortunately the time left is what it is and as I'm dps in raids and also because of the low weekly valor cap (I'd have 4 tier tank bonus, but they're all 553 and a chest 566, I can't really upgrade anything, and still have 3 dps hc items to upgrade) it's really hard to get tank gear improvements, and pretty sure when 6.0 comes, in a way or another, the fight will be ruined, either too easy or no longer doable even in bis, like many others.

Also, about al'akir 25 hc, saw prot warriors and feral druids doing it, prot warrior 40 sec in enrage and druid 3-4 mins in enrage, paladins say they can do it but it's a fight "click random buttons for 10 mins and then start playing at enrage and get lucky", not sure about monks, thing is our survival doesn't scale good with vengeance like other tanks, he has 168 mil and goes to p3 at 42 mil, best try so far he enraged at 47 mil and got him to 25 mil, full dps gear, tank meta, 1 stam trinket.

Do people consider it doable on 25 hc for a blood dk (given enough gear) for this expansion, before 6.0?

Deleted
    @Esploratore

Yes, I killed the Whale Shark with 560 ilevel, 180% mastery. It took a few attempts ~

What do you guys think about doing Wind Lord Mel'jarak on live?
    I'd love to give Wind Lord a try, If I could get my hands on a save...
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-09-09 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Ahah, I see.

The one who did them answered on his video that it was probably the hardest fight he did pre 4 item upgrades, so I assume he was using like 580 tank gear with all bonuses ofc; unfortunately the time left is what it is and as I'm dps in raids and also because of the low weekly valor cap (I'd have 4 tier tank bonus, but they're all 553 and a chest 566, I can't really upgrade anything, and still have 3 dps hc items to upgrade) it's really hard to get tank gear improvements, and pretty sure when 6.0 comes, in a way or another, the fight will be ruined, either too easy or no longer doable even in bis, like many others.

Also, about al'akir 25 hc, saw prot warriors and feral druids doing it, prot warrior 40 sec in enrage and druid 3-4 mins in enrage, paladins say they can do it but it's a fight "click random buttons for 10 mins and then start playing at enrage and get lucky", not sure about monks, thing is our survival doesn't scale good with vengeance like other tanks, he has 168 mil and goes to p3 at 42 mil, best try so far he enraged at 47 mil and got him to 25 mil, full dps gear, tank meta, 1 stam trinket.

Do people consider it doable on 25 hc for a blood dk (given enough gear) for this expansion, before 6.0?
    Warlocks soloed it as well @ 574 ilevel.

I'm not sure why you think not scaling well with enrage vengeance is even a concern. If you've watched some of the Cataclysm 25-man videos in this thread, you'll have noticed that the death knights in those videos outheal 1M+ Vengeance for over 30 seconds, and can tank 400k-500k Vengeance without cooldowns. If Zon'ozz 25H is soloable, Al'Akir 25H most certainly is!

In addition to these massive Vengeance levels, on Al'Akir 25H you have a +damage buff from Feedback, so with that and 1M+ Vengeance you will be able to kill him within 30 seconds of the enrage, easily. I personally did Al'Akir 25N - it was really easy @ 560 ilevel. Al'Akir 25H is probably a joke to the people with 570-580 gear.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-09-09 at 04:50 PM.

Warlocks soloed it as well @ 574 ilevel.

I'm not sure why you think not scaling well with enrage vengeance is even a concern. If you've watched some of the Cataclysm 25-man videos in this thread, you'll have noticed that the death knights in those videos outheal 1M+ Vengeance for over 30 seconds, and can tank 400k-500k Vengeance without cooldowns. If Zon'ozz 25H is soloable, Al'Akir 25H most certainly is!

In addition to these massive Vengeance levels, on Al'Akir 25H you have a +damage buff from Feedback, so with that and 1M+ Vengeance you will be able to kill him within 30 seconds of the enrage, easily. I personally did Al'Akir 25N - it was really easy @ 560 ilevel. Al'Akir 25H is probably a joke to the people with 570-580 gear.
    While it's true that zon'ozz has been outhealed, etc., I have to point out a few things.

Dks scale indeed bad with vengeance, what scales with vengeance apart from our dps? Lichborne healing (10 sec, 2 min cd), death siphon healing, death siphon which makes survival to anything except pure magic damage worse than using death strike!

Lichborne heals you 3 millions, yes, but after the 10 sec end, you have nothing that scales with vengeance that improves your survival, death strike heals 20% of the damage taken in the last 5 sec and can work at times, but if you parry\dodge a lot of stuff and get 600k vengeance, while a druid benefits from this survival wise, you, as dk, apart from LB, don't.

Also you are underestimating al'akir heroic mode, main difference is the feedback, it doesn't last 30 sec like on normal, but 20, and with stormlings spawning at 20, you can't really time it right, even if you kill them 1 sec before feedback ends, you just lost 1 sec compared to next spawn, the only way is stacking a few of them, killing them slowly (but they hurt you, and it's magic damage) and keep the buff up.

Al'akir 25 normal has half the hp he has on heroic! So no way a 580 would do 2x the dps of a 560!

And zon'ozz is mostly physical damage -> mastery stacking helps, al'akir p3 is full magic damage -> mastery useless, he hits 400k lightning every 2 sec.

Tried it all day now with 577 and best try he enraged at 71 mil and got him to 32 mil when he switched phase, and then I died at 10 millions, feedback ran out just before that, I had taken death siphon for the last phase, but failed at using it and happens very rarely to get a decent try.

I suppose it will be doable, after such an attempt, in this gear or higher, but nowhere near a joke; suggest you give it a try if you don't believe the difficulty, even if there's no way in hell you could do it in 560, you can see how hard is to keep stacks going without having them reset and kite the adds so they don't kill you at the same time.

As a final comparison, the druid outhealed enrage for 3-4 mins, the warrior for about 40 sec, I can outheal that, no way to survive 3 mins ofc as dk, so I tried to follow the warrior strategy, but he has piercing howl, an aoe slow that he can keep all time on adds without damaging them! Apart from remorseless, everything aoe I have kills them, and another difference, he managed to bring boss from 42 to 23 mil during the RP of p3 transition, best I was able to do was 30 mil, my soul reaper did max 6 mil crit, his shield slam did 9 mil crit, so he has 1) a better slow, so a better way to kite adds, 2) a better way to skip p3 since he can do more damage in transition, 3) a better way to survive p3, as he did a 1,1 mil shield barrier (absorbs any kind of damage, scales with vengeance).
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2014-09-09 at 09:31 PM.

I just gave it 2 attempts at 560 ilevel, and it does indeed seem a lot harder than 25N, as you stated. This being said, I still think someone with 580+ gear could shred this given good RNG. I am extremely curious as to how a non-tanking specialization could do this in 574 ilevel.

Perhaps I'll copy my character over to the PTR and give it an attempt - survivability should be much better, right?
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-09-10 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just gave it 2 attempts at 560 ilevel, and it does indeed seem a lot harder than 25N. This being said, I still think someone with 580+ gear should shred this given good RNG.

Perhaps I'll copy my character over to the PTR and give it an attempt - survivability should be much better, right?
    Based on the videos shown of players soloing old instances, it should be drastically easier. Once PTR allows for copies of Live characters, I'll be doing as many old raids possible.

Is there a way to get past the 2 worms in front of rag without having to kill them?

Deleted
    You can pass them with a warlock gateway as well as Vanish/Invisibility/Feign Death/Spectral Guise, so the Invisibility Field belt tinker should work, too.

Invisibility potion works as well. Just make sure you don't have any pets out.

I just gave it 2 attempts at 560 ilevel, and it does indeed seem a lot harder than 25N, as you stated. This being said, I still think someone with 580+ gear could shred this given good RNG. I am extremely curious as to how a non-tanking specialization could do this in 574 ilevel.

Sorry for the late answer, but didn't check the thread these days as I've been stacking buffs for him!

Yes, survivability would be much easier on the ptr.

I'm glad you understood how much harder it is, and as for how a non tank spec could do it in 574, don't forget it was a warlock, a class who can let the pet tank him all time and at the same time do more dps than any other tank, so that he could do it without hitting enrage, if feedback is used right, whereas if you try this as frost\uh dk, he will eat you with melee\stormlings.

Having said this, I absolutely agree that a 580+ can do it, I still have 578, I farmed 60 runescrolls, 60 strength food, got enough flasks, farmed 3 charges of drums of forgotten kings, and got more than 20 potions and drums of rage which I only use on very good tries (as in when I reach p3) and I will absolutely do it, no matter how many tries it takes, just need a very good try and some luck at enrage, and more importantly, need to get around 18 stacks of feedback towards the end of p2, kill an add just before transition (this can be hard if he already enraged, as I hit so hard on adds and I risk to kill both), so that feedback is still up, only use DS 2 times, then death siphon for p3 and kill the last add to have 20 more seconds on feedback, death siphon will heal at least 50% of the total hp during feedback when non crit.

Going to try again tonight, this will probably be the my last kill pre 6.0, as for this I see a pattern at least, unlike theralion.