I made an interesting discovery on Jin'rokh right now.

Because I lacked the DPS as Blood to kill him within the first pool, I decided to do this boss as Unholy. I reasoned that it would be fairly easy with Timmy tanking the boss and forcing him not to respawn, right?
    Wrong! It turns out Timmy will not tank the boss- I don't know if that's a bug or intended, but he also got hurled along with me thus wiping his threat table. My only options were my Gargoyle for the first throw, followed by my Army of the Dead for the second pool. I used Death Siphon to heal for obscene amounts while in the pool, and also switched to Blood Presence right as he finished channeling Lightning Storm.
    I also deflected multiple stacks of Static Shock with AMS, since Death Siphon healing outside of the pools was horrible.

This is a fight that will get quickly trivialised by gear (as many of you have found out), but I'm pleased to have been able to experience it in such an unconventional manner.
    Last edited by Magdalena; 2015-01-26 at 09:43 AM.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Short guide on Council of the Elders:

Since I've been getting questions about this one via private messages as well as the forums I figured a quick little text guide is in order since my video of this fight is absolutely awful. Serves me right for still having my spellbook bound during a fight

The fight is largely based on your ability to kill Frost King Malakk as soon as possible, he'll use Frigid Assault to buff his melee attacks and deal extra frost damage to you. The main problem with Frost King is that when you get 15 stacks of Frigid Assault you become stunned for 15 seconds. Even if you were to survive the debuff (which is probably possible with more gear,) you would still be taking massive amounts of damage from the other three council members and would probably run out of cooldowns or get overwhelmed by the increasing damage that Dark Power deals.

There's not really any sort of magical way to kill this dude, but there are ways to mitigate damage from some of the shittier things that the other council members do while Frost King beats your face in. First off, when damage from Quicksand gets to be too much you can pop Desecrated ground to move out of it and reposition yourself, allowing more resources to be spent dealing damage to Frost King instead of trying to stay alive. Use Anti Magic shell alongside a standard Lichborne macro to heal some of the crappier incoming damage, and don't be scared to use Health Potions here either. As far as damage is concerned, make sure that you have the standard solo survival kit: Drums of Forgotten Kings, Drums of Fury, Draenic Armor Potion, DPS food and STR flasks. If you want extra survivability you can always opt to use a stamina flask and purchase Runescrolls of Fortitude, although the latter tends to be kind of expensive on some servers. One additional thing you can do to make life easier when dealing damage is to kite Frost King away from High Priestess Mar'li during the beginning of the fight; this gives you more time to deal damage to Frost King before her Blessed Loa spirits hit, whether your goal is to kill the spirits or just brute force through them.

After Frost King is dead the fight is relatively simple aside from the Shadowed Loa Spirits that High Priestess spawns whenever she is empowered. When High Priestess spawns one of these things it will run towards your character and instantly kill you if it touches you. For whatever reason these guys just de-spawn if you are more than 6 yards away from her, so just make sure to be wary of her positioning when you are killing Sul, as a nasty Quicksand/Loa combo can end an otherwise good attempt really quickly. I usually choose to kill her third, opting to kill Sul second, and Kazra'jin last because he doesn't really do anything. Keep using Desecrated Ground to either re-position yourself and get away from High Priestess when she is empowered and her Shadowed Loa Spirits cast is off cooldown, and kill Sul.

After Sul is dead just alternate between High Priestess and Kazra'jin (attack whichever one is empowered,) and make sure to move 6 yards away from High Priestess before Shadowed Loa Spirit comes off of cooldown. Like I said, the fight is pretty much all about killing Frost King before he pretty much ends the encounter with his stun, which may be quite difficult with lower gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    use AMS on every single quicksand cast

collect loot
    I feel like I just watched the first sunrise.

A couple of questions from a dk who mainly leveled his dk to solo bosses for mounts:
    1. My ilvl is 630 and I'm struggling with Garajal. Doing about 13k dps and 9k hps and getting him to 20% before I get overwhelmed, should I focus on getting pieces with more offensive stats (MS/crit) or defensive (mas/haste)?
    2. How important is it to maximize Blood Tap usage by using it when only blood runes are empty?
    3. Should I waste any death runes on Defile or just use it on Crimson Scourge procs?
    4. What's your opener with 0 RP? DS-DS-BB-outbreak-PL-DS-BB-outbreak?
    Last edited by Overdispersion; 2015-01-27 at 02:39 PM.

@Tatsh

Slight changes to your guide:
    A stamina flask does not afford more survivability, it actually kills your survivability as well as your DPS.
    The magic way to kill Malakk is Breath of Sindragosa

@Overdispersion
    Gara'jal is easier with mastery gear. Use consumables (Drums of Rage/Draenic Armor Potion) and make proper use of AMS/Rune Tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    A couple of questions from a dk who mainly leveled his dk to solo bosses for mounts:
    1. My ilvl is 630 and I'm struggling with Garajal. Doing about 13k dps and 9k hps and getting him to 20% before I get overwhelmed, should I focus on getting pieces with more offensive stats (MS/crit) or defensive (mas/haste)?
    2. How important is it to maximize Blood Tap usage by using it when only blood runes are empty?
    3. Should I waste any death runes on Defile or just use it on Crimson Scourge procs?
    4. What's your opener with 0 RP? DS-DS-BB-outbreak-PL-DS-BB-outbreak?
    1. I'd go mastery/multi for that fight, then again, when i solo, thats what i generally use as it's same as raid gear
    2. Try to time the rune taps just before the shadowbolt volleys actually hit you, it's more about that timing I would say. Obviously, at start, don't use them, use them when your health starts globally dropping.
    3. If you are after dps, use BoS and practice keeping it up as much as you can, it does a good 10%+ more damage then defile does and doesn't need a rune, just some luck and never capping your runic power.
    4. Army at 8s (runes will be back at 0) - DRW -> IT -> PS -> DS or BoS > DS. Don't use RP on pull to apply diseases, always pull with army (and prepot) and DRW+BoS. When BoS is up, if you plague leech, manually apply diseases so you don't lose RP. If BoS is not up, use outbreak after leeching.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2015-01-27 at 07:12 PM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Also @Tatsh, my strategy changes for council only because I go for priestess as much as possible after killing malakk, basically even when the others are empowered I dps her till the empowered one is getting close to dark power, then I quickly get him out, so that priestess only gets empowered once and dies before it happens again (less annoying black adds).

And yes, whoever suggested it, breath of sindragosa seems to make the dps check for malakk a bit easier, although I'm not keeping it up as long as I should.

Thanks for the suggestions, this is all new to me (especially using AMS on Quicksand haha,) and I really appreciate the help! I really do need to learn to use BoS it seems, any pointers for maintaining good uptime?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of it is up to multistrike RNG, honestly. You want to "pool" a bit before using it; on Council, what I generally do is Blood Boil twice, wait a few seconds praying for multistrikes, and then start spamming runes. In a general raid scenario you'd want to fill up on runic power and wait for your runes before starting it. If you're a blood elf, you can use Arcane Torrent to link rune cycles, which is really helpful.
    Anyways, when you do get a long Breath, Malakk dies really quickly, even with very low gear (647 in my case).

And of course, thank you for the write-up!

I have an embarrassing question - how do you spawn Megaera? Apparently you kill fog beasts and ring three gongs(?) Sorry, back during ToT I was AFK during this part of the raid for the most part.

Edit: I figured it out, you kill the Eternal Guardian mobs.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2015-01-28 at 01:36 AM.

First Astral Cloud Serpent and now this?!?!

I'm so fucking happy right now it's unreal.
    Last edited by Tatsh; 2015-01-28 at 08:55 AM.

^
    o.O Congratulations! Best of luck on the Ji-Kun mount

If Google docs doc not lying, just done World's first Gara'jal Heroic 10 on Live. warcraftlogs.com /reports/mpBVFCPHNvMzTa41/#view=replay
    The most challenging part was to plan cooldown usage. I used Kyanos+DRW at pull and after on CD, 1st Pol's Blinded Eye(heroic)+BoS+ERW right after Kyanos, 2nd one strictly on 2:40+BoS+BL by Drums, Draenic Armor Pot strictly on 2:50 and Kyanos+DRW by CD on 3:00.
    Also Glyph of Regenerative Magic very useful to max AMS uptime.
    My gear: wowhead /list=717722/eu-soulflayer-%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%BB%D1%81%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC

So how do you actually avoid the despawn of Jin'rokh's throw?

Does army work? And should he be dead before the second throw?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaKilo View Post
    If Google docs doc not lying, just done World's first Gara'jal Heroic 10 on Live. warcraftlogs.com /reports/mpBVFCPHNvMzTa41/#view=replay
    The most challenging part was to plan cooldown usage. I used Kyanos+DRW at pull and after on CD, 1st Pol's Blinded Eye(heroic)+BoS+ERW right after Kyanos, 2nd one strictly on 2:40+BoS+BL by Drums, Draenic Armor Pot strictly on 2:50 and Kyanos+DRW by CD on 3:00.
    Also Glyph of Regenerative Magic very useful to max AMS uptime.
    My gear: wowhead /list=717722/eu-soulflayer-%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%BB%D1%81%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BC
    Hemski posted a screenshot of a kill two or so pages back, I believe it was done before that as well. Not trying to diminish your accomplishment, congrats on the kill!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    So how do you actually avoid the despawn of Jin'rokh's throw?

Does army work? And should he be dead before the second throw?
    You can either brute force Jin'rokh as Unholy and use Army for the first toss and kill him before the second one (I did this last week, Death Siphon heals for a ton in the water,) or do it as Blood with the t15 DPS 2-piece, get a lucky proc and have a minion pop up, Army the second toss and then kill him before the third.
    Last edited by Tatsh; 2015-01-29 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaKilo View Post
    If Google docs doc not lying, just done World's first Gara'jal Heroic 10 on Live.
    Gara'jal Heroic's been done for a while. I killed it last week ago, and I doubt I was the first person to do so.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

You should also note that if you can't kill him before the second toss as Unholy, Gargoyle will work to prevent the boss from despawning.

So lucky, tatsh, think that I'm levelling up 30 dks to 100 to farm those mounts, lol, I have every mount pre-mop, lifebinder, the last one, took me 254 attempts of which most were as soon as 6.0 hit (done in less than 2 months thanks to such dks which were 90).

Atm I have 4 dks at level 100, elegon is doable even in 593 item level and I reckon even 585 might do (keep in mind you get fail resolve at 100 in that gear, I feel like a mage healing-wise, but if you get to 85% the fight is won because of the stacks he gets) and did it on my 90 with 564 (awesome resolve on it but very close to enrage if not using buffs).

And did lfr on one and reached 622, doesn't look that bad, when I get 630-640 I'll go for horridon and ji'kun even on alts; ji'kun on my main with 660 was very easy (had never tried it before solo), ignored nests and just nuked and reset stacks at 6, he just does quills when out of range, so no problem, only juveniles were hurting a bit in the end, and 2nd kill I even soaked pools instantly and didn't even reset stacks (665 I think), cut off 2 mins from the previous kill; I assume this won't be doable with a 630 alt, will have to learn nests I guess.

Horridon was indeed very easy last time I tried on main, can just ignore war god and the adds of last door and kill him before being overwhelmed saving 1 min 30, I feel like doing nests correctly horridon will require more gear than ji'kun to kill comfortably.

Also all of these bosses work for "multiple save-passing", as in when you need to kill one on several alts, you can use the alt of a friend to get the save (by killing spirit kings with him for example), then your friend invites all of the dks you have to use to solo that boss on the same group, you do 1 kill, leave group, switch to next, reset instances, kill, leave, reset, works always, only madness of deathwing normal gave issues for this I guess because you can't reset.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2015-01-30 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    So lucky, tatsh, think that I'm levelling up 30 dks to 100 to farm those mounts, lol, I have every mount pre-mop, lifebinder, the last one, took me 254 attempts of which most were as soon as 6.0 hit (done in less than 2 months thanks to such dks which were 90).

Atm I have 4 dks at level 100, elegon is doable even in 593 item level and I reckon even 585 might do (keep in mind you get fail resolve at 100 in that gear, I feel like a mage healing-wise, but if you get to 85% the fight is won because of the stacks he gets) and did it on my 90 with 564 (awesome resolve on it but very close to enrage if not using buffs).

And did lfr on one and reached 622, doesn't look that bad, when I get 630-640 I'll go for horridon and ji'kun even on alts; ji'kun on my main with 660 was very easy (had never tried it before solo), ignored nests and just nuked and reset stacks at 6, he just does quills when out of range, so no problem, only juveniles were hurting a bit in the end, and 2nd kill I even soaked pools instantly and didn't even reset stacks (665 I think), cut off 2 mins from the previous kill; I assume this won't be doable with a 630 alt, will have to learn nests I guess.

Horridon was indeed very easy last time I tried on main, can just ignore war god and the adds of last door and kill him before being overwhelmed saving 1 min 30, I feel like doing nests correctly horridon will require more gear than ji'kun to kill comfortably.

Also all of these bosses work for "multiple save-passing", as in when you need to kill one on several alts, you can use the alt of a friend to get the save (by killing spirit kings with him for example), then your friend invites all of the dks you have to use to solo that boss on the same group, you do 1 kill, leave group, switch to next, reset instances, kill, leave, reset, works always, only madness of deathwing normal gave issues for this I guess because you can't reset.

Hey there, so I was wondering, what ilvl do I need to get my dk to in order to solo Sha of Anger? Anyone have any videos of how to Solo sha? And then what about galleon? What ilvl do i need for that?
    Also, I know you cannot bonus roll Elegons mount but what about Horridon?

Sha of Anger is really easy - I'd recommend ~630 ilevel, though it can probably be done with less. You need to run far away in order to outrange the mind control, but aside from that there's nothing special, really. Mione has a good video of this.

Galleon would be doable in ~630+ ilevel as well.

You have never been able to bonus roll mounts from any raid bosses (only world bosses). However, the mounts are now listed in the Dungeon Journal, so it might be worth it to try seeing as coins for MoP raids are easy to obtain.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-01-30 at 05:37 PM.

Cheerio both. Will try this afternoon.