I'm looking to lvl another dk or two to add to my Elegon farming, and was wondering how low of an ilvl I would be able to kill Elegon 10N on. I'd have a lockout on him so wouldn't need to do any earlier bosses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gek View Post
    I'm looking to lvl another dk or two to add to my Elegon farming, and was wondering how low of an ilvl I would be able to kill Elegon 10N on. I'd have a lockout on him so wouldn't need to do any earlier bosses
    580 ilvl and lvl 91 for the mad WoD items, Elegon's possibly the easiest SoO boss for DKs to solo.

You can solo Elegon 10N with 560 ilevel at level 90, or 580ish at level 100.

Because of how stats scale while leveling, would it be possible to get to say 96, and using heirlooms + random leveling blues solo it?

Because of how stats scale while leveling, would it be possible to get to say 96, and using heirlooms + random leveling blues solo it?
    I tried at 98 with about 580 item level and wasn't able to reach 85%; like it's been said I did it at 90 with 564 (awesome resolve but close enrage-wise after bb nerf) and at 100 with 588 lowest and yes, I believe even 580 is enough at 100 (wasn't using buffs with 588 and only survival was an issue).

Basically resolve once you are several levels past 90 sucks on elegon, like 0%, so you will feel like a mage (low healing), your hp determines how long you can last, if at level 96 you can make it to 85% you probably can do all the fight but I doubt that will be doable unless you have 600 or so.

So all in all, if you want a new dk, easiest thing I recommend is dinging 100, any item level you have will likely allow you to do it, 1-2 mins margin on enrage.

Deleted
    What? Elegon is probably survivable with 560 at 90... also remember that you can bypass enrage by triggering orb phase in middle of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpye View Post
    What? Elegon is probably survivable with 560 at 90... also remember that you can bypass enrage by triggering orb phase in middle of the cast.
    The post said it wasn't survivable with 580 at level 98*, not level 90.

You don't need to do the enrage bypassing trick; you can beat the enrage at 560 (at level 90).

Does anyone solo elegon on other classes and have an insight on what ilvl locks rogues hunters and druids need to solo?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpye View Post
    As I wrote, I did it with 564 myself, only enrage is close with no buffs, so ofc it's survivable at that level.

But because each level you gain you get less and less resolve (it's like 100% at 90 on elegon) you heal less, likewise you could do horridon with good gear at 90 but I bet that in 600 item level at 100 you won't be able to survive it, until you get about 630, while for elegon you are able to survive it again with about 580 at 100.

@Gek: I soloed it on an arms warrior with 650 BEFORE second wind was buffed from 10% to 25% leech, calculated 640 would've been enough, now probably even a bit less (and fury can do it too), can kill few waves (less than blood dks) with whirlwind\bladestorm, lock I tried in 620 and wasn't able to survive to get him to 85% (used grimoire of supremacy but couldn't keep pet up long enough due to being only able to heal it with my damage), I assume in 635-640 it'd be enough, don't have hunters and druids, rogue not tried, maybe along the lines of 640-650, you're leather but have better def cds than warriors.

Does anyone solo elegon on other classes and have an insight on what ilvl locks rogues hunters and druids need to solo?
    I also killed him on my 656 druid (pretty easy as moonkin, starfall range is _huge_) and my 646 hunter.
    No idea about warlocks and rogues, didn't try it. But there's a rogue solo kill video on youtube.
    Last edited by pucca; 2015-04-18 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    Soloed Elegon on 91 level warlock twink, if that counts Dont remember ilevel but it was around 580-590, and i had wrong WoD crafted items (also 1/4 upgraded, now they are 4/4), and never tried again, as mount finally dropped, so it was only one kill as warlock, but i had few wipes due to dmg taken. Also cant rly rememeber if i used GoSac or Void pet, it was very long time ago, will have to check screenshot on other PC. Now my lock is 608 equipped, so if u want i can do it again for fun and see, should be pretty easy ^^

Edit: Ji'Kun is also on farm with my current 608 ilev gear and GoSac, just stand and nuke (sometimes wiping cause of not enough selfheal from soul leech, so u just have to outdps him before he kills u) Never tried with Void, so cant say if its easier, and can he survive the stacks... will check next week.
    Last edited by mmoc40d882f18d; 2015-04-18 at 02:40 PM.

While both were already done, finally managed to do:

1) Gara'jal 25 normal with almost 39% multi: kept breath up 1 min 20 both times and killed him in 3 min 35, 38k dps, breath is just ridicolously strong compared to defile, burst was 60-64k with BL and pot at start; max I survived was 4 min 12 in an attempt and it starts to seriously hurt after 3 mins.

2) Will of emperor 10 hc with almost 41% multi: kept breath up 1 min after bosses came which was enough to kill them, the fact the primary targets are 2 who share their health makes breath even stronger, since they have 6 mil hp you would have to do 100k dps single target to kill them so fast, but since they're 2 you're able to do the equivalent while doing much less single target.

The difficulty here is that the sparks of heroic mode stack on the bosses making them attack a lot faster than usual, so basically first they melee you, then combo, then melee and cds are needed to survive here, other combo, melee again and usually you die 100% here.

On my kill I finally managed to get them down during the phase after the first combo, so could've survived quite a bit more.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone done heroic Thok yet?

We should probably try to finish off some more bosses before the 6.2 sledgehammer nerfs to BoS.

I also managed Gara'jal 25N with 681 ilevel and 29% multistrike and flask/forgotten kings/augment rune (no food buff though :/). It was very close (4:03 kill) and I had ~85% BoS uptime.

I tried it on my 691 main shortly afterwards - much easier

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    We should probably try to finish off some more bosses before the 6.2 sledgehammer nerfs to BoS.

I also managed Gara'jal 25N with 681 ilevel and 29% multistrike and flask/forgotten kings/augment rune (no food buff though :/). It was very close (4:03 kill) and I had ~85% BoS uptime.

I tried it on my 691 main shortly afterwards - much easier
    Wow, very nice on the 681, it's all about breath uptime atm, I had 60% cause I didn't use icy runes.

How heavily will breath be nerfed?

Edit: Glyphs

Glyph of Icy Runes has been removed.

That's all? Breath still trumps defile and necro plague even without glyph as my gara'jal 25 shows, like 33% more dps than defile on single target with only 60% breath uptime on a target that stands still, so optimal for defile!
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2015-05-06 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks! It was pretty intense towards the end hehe ~

They're changing the runic power cost of BoS. Initially, it was changed to 20 RP/second, which is a huge nerf, and if you actually use Breath on the PTR as Blood it's 35 runic power per second, which is ridiculous and makes the talent completely useless. That being said, the 35 RP/s cost is most likely a bug, so what's going to happen is that the cost of Breath is going to go up by some amount.

Edit: Apparently Triple Puncture is a "spell" so it gives Breath healing lol. And also the final nerf is 20 RP/second.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-05-07 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I am going to try to solo Elegon/Horridon with my 655 DK for mounts. Any suggestions on specs and glyphs?

For now I see no point in doing 25 man so Ill stick to 10 man since the mount chances are the same.

Made it to Gara'jal before I died. Tried him about 4 times but I get shadow bolted too death. I also have a lvl 90 DK as an anchor on a second account doing nothing. Some fights can change when there is more than 1 person so I can't tell if that could be the issue. Thanks

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Okay so I am going to try to solo Elegon/Horridon with my 655 DK for mounts. Any suggestions on specs and glyphs?

For now I see no point in doing 25 man so Ill stick to 10 man since the mount chances are the same.

Made it to Gara'jal before I died. Tried him about 4 times but I get shadow bolted too death. I also have a lvl 90 DK as an anchor on a second account doing nothing. Some fights can change when there is more than 1 person so I can't tell if that could be the issue. Thanks
    You should absolutely play Blood, glyph Regenerative Magic and Blood Boil (no other glyph is really mandatory unless you're using Breath of Sindragosa, in which case you'd use glyph of Icy Runes).

655 is more than enough for Gara'jal 10N - use flasks/potions, and try to make good use of AMS. Once you've done the fight a few times you'll be able to easily time incoming Shadow Bolts and Rune Tap/AMS them. That's really all there is to the fight - try to optimize your DPS and cooldown usage.

For Horridon save Army for the third door; use it to tank the Warlords that spawn. Focus entirely on adds for the third and fourth doors - the first two doors should be very easy so just focus on Horridon. Try not to kill Zandalari Dinomancers too fast otherwise they might bug and not drop their orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    You should absolutely play Blood, glyph Regenerative Magic and Blood Boil (no other glyph is really mandatory unless you're using Breath of Sindragosa, in which case you'd use glyph of Icy Runes).

655 is more than enough for Gara'jal 10N - use flasks/potions, and try to make good use of AMS. Once you've done the fight a few times you'll be able to easily time incoming Shadow Bolts and Rune Tap/AMS them. That's really all there is to the fight - try to optimize your DPS and cooldown usage.

For Horridon save Army for the third door; use it to tank the Warlords that spawn. Focus entirely on adds for the third and fourth doors - the first two doors should be very easy so just focus on Horridon. Try not to kill Zandalari Dinomancers too fast otherwise they might bug and not drop their orbs.
    Okay thanks. Should I being using Stamina Flasks? Also the shadow bolts come quite often so I can't really time the rune tap/ams a couple times since they are 30 second CD. I guess I am just using doing that when he is nearly dead? I think I got him to 15% on my first or second try.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, a stamina flask is horrible on this fight (and completely worthless for anything you do on a blood DK). You are being killed by a lack of throughput healing due to having very little Resolve, so this is exactly the scenario where a strength flask is worth the most, and it boosts your DPS as well.

You can't Rune Tap/AMS every wave of bolts of course but you should be able to CD a good portion of them considering that Rune Tap has 2 charges and AMS should have a ~30 second CD or so.