Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    That's insane dedication, I'm impressed :3. I remember throwing 100+ pulls on Yogg+4 (10m) in my initial kill (not counting, but rough estmate), back when I had to figure everything out, so I learned the fight a lot at this stage. I don't think any subsequent kill in any difficulty required more than 40 pulls. Only boss I probably threw as many pulls was LK in 10m back when I wasn't able to kill it and let it live at 13%, lol.

Gogo get it!
    i see what you did there

452 and counting, thanks for the encouraging words.

Wow, I was so happy the first time I solo'd something on my DK that I had to go do more - but looking at the feats people have done in this thread make me realize that I've only scratched the surface. I get frustratingly stuck at the Gunship (regular 10m) in ICC. I've watched videos and read post after post about how simple it is, yet I can't seem to get it done. Maybe someone can push me in the right direction?

I solo in Blood, so that's the spec I used. I would start the fight getting the fireball stack rolling and unload when their ship came in range. After that I keep going until I get frozen out, jump over to the other side, beat up the mage and jump back. I keep that up and the best I can do is get their ship to about 1/2 before mine is destroyed. I've popped my ghoul and Army on my ship (or theirs) to try and control adds, but I don't know if that's the right strat. Totally open to options here and thank you for any insight

Deleted
    Do Gunship in Frost.
    Here's a video I made explaining everything you need to know : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPeluBxiYc8
    The most important part is to kill the adds on your ship BEFORE killing the mage on the other ship

Sorry for offtopic since I am a hunter, but I guess it's okay just this once ^^

457 wipes, but as I said, some of them are from earlier. DBM also says I have 3 kills, but it of course doesn't care how many watchers there are.

Mione, I think I have a curse that says you must kill something before noon for me to be able to kill it after... it's okay though <3

Excellent my friend, that must be where I was going wrong - I would drop Army or my ghoul and ignore the adds. I'll give this a shot tonight - also the video was incredibly helpful!

Deleted
    Gratz Caribald !

Deleted
    Congrats for the epic kill , I can't wait to see your next achievements

Thank you so much for this thread. I created an account here just to say thanks. I created my DK purely for the solo value and its been a blast so far (Ashes, glaives, 38/50 shadowfrost).
    I did have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

I have found that when I switch ICC to heroic to kill Rotface, I cant switch it back for any more bosses. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, how do you get around it?

I'm sitting at 494 ilevel with an LFR Shinka (dropped after upgrades went away) or LFR ToT 1hander + LFR Sha-touched 1 hander. Should I be able to kill Blood Queen? I've tried as blood, and as frost (dual wield), and the best I can do is get her to 60% before the vampiric bite wears off. I'm using the Plague Scientist, but I just dont seem to have the dps to do it.

Thanks again for all of the information posted here, its been fantastically helpful and very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonscythe View Post
    Thank you so much for this thread. I created an account here just to say thanks. I created my DK purely for the solo value and its been a blast so far (Ashes, glaives, 38/50 shadowfrost).

I have found that when I switch ICC to heroic to kill Rotface, I cant switch it back for any more bosses. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, how do you get around it?

I'm sitting at 494 ilevel with an LFR Shinka (dropped after upgrades went away) or LFR ToT 1hander + LFR Sha-touched 1 hander. Should I be able to kill Blood Queen? I've tried as blood, and as frost (dual wield), and the best I can do is get her to 60% before the vampiric bite wears off. I'm using the Plague Scientist, but I just dont seem to have the dps to do it.

Thanks again for all of the information posted here, its been fantastically helpful and very fun.

I was finally able to do Blood Queen last night and I'm in LFR/Valor gear (I miss real raiding!). The trick is to pull with the plague scientist and wait until he gets the bite, then DPS your ass off to beat the berserk. The tough part for me was keeping my scientist alive, as the shadow pools and blood whirl can kill him pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonscythe View Post

As I learned myself yesterday - you let your plague scientist aggro the boss, so your pet gets the first bite. This gives you 1 more minute to kill her

Congratulations to Mione and Caribald! insane dedication right there. I honestly didn't think it would be possible to kill in 5.2, so I am more than suprised. I had a few tries myself, just a few, and the RNG of the sanity was so frustrating me that I gave up quite fast!

I managed to get LK25HM finally, once you get past the 2nd transition it was quite a breeze, on top of that, finished my shadowmourne and sold the items for ~400k gold, that money is so insane, guess I'm off to get myself another shadowmourne on my prot pala now

Thanks for the nice words everyone

I can confirm that to change difficulty you must be in a raid group. You can change while outside of the instance, but it doesn't always give you the size/difficulty you chose if you do it that way. Going in a raid group with a trial account or something is much easier when difficulty needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Thanks for the nice words everyone

I can confirm that to change difficulty you must be in a raid group. You can change while outside of the instance, but it doesn't always give you the size/difficulty you chose if you do it that way. Going in a raid group with a trial account or something is much easier when difficulty needs to be changed.
    My mileage has varied, if only slightly. I do need to be grouped, however I have been able to change the difficulty without having to be in a raid group. Small difference, but it makes things easier if you can convince a guildie to just group with you while he/she is doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    My mileage has varied, if only slightly. I do need to be grouped, however I have been able to change the difficulty without having to be in a raid group. Small difference, but it makes things easier if you can convince a guildie to just group with you while he/she is doing dailies.
    Oh, I wasn't aware. I've been using a trial account myself, so since I'm not bothering anyone I've just been making it a raid group. Good to know though

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone besides Mione managed to solo Ragnaros?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Has anyone besides Mione managed to solo Ragnaros?
    I was watching her video at work today, because Firelands is gonna be one of my next projects if I can ever get HCLK25 down. Swapping the debuffs to your pet looked a bit hair raising, and kiting the meteors looked rough, but it looked pretty doable especially as gear goes forward. Then again, I stepped into FL today and was demolished by trash, so I may just be mistaking Mione's uberness for ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    I can tell you already now that being frost for 25man wont take you very far But go ahead.
    Oh I know that, haha. I was speed clearing 10-Man to get to Yogg, and then switching it over to 25-Man for Yogg0.

Yogg0 is definitely a tricky one, more so than HLK on 25-Man. But I want that mount I never rolled high enough for back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Do Gunship in Frost.
    Here's a video I made explaining everything you need to know : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPeluBxiYc8
    The most important part is to kill the adds on your ship BEFORE killing the mage on the other ship
    Worked beautifully, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Did LK today aswell, think I had atleast 5 minutes left on enrage, even with running around blood boiling the frost orbs (managed to get hit by one, but goblin glider do I love you!), then again I have decent gear. Damage was a joke, only time my shield droped was when there was magic damage in transition phase. Unfortunetly, Fnx did not share any of his luck, so Invisble, cya next week.
    Goblin glider is the most awesome engineering tinker in the game, hands down. So much use! (Hello, Fusion Slash on Lei Shen! Let's be honest, we've all failed at least once on that.) Good luck with Invincible!

Also, I thought you left the guild or something since I couldn't find you on Armoury anymore, but then I noticed you just changed name. Bastard. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Sorry for offtopic since I am a hunter, but I guess it's okay just this once ^^

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kBBDWCW.jpg[img]

457 wipes, but as I said, some of them are from earlier. DBM also says I have 3 kills, but it of course doesn't care how many watchers there are.

Mione, I think I have a curse that says you must kill something before noon for me to be able to kill it after... it's okay though <3
    Whoa, congrats on the kill! I remember watching you streaming your LK25 HC kill. You've got some real dedication. I like that. Keep it up!

Im sitting at 498 Tank gear and around 494 dps gear and cant seem to get Magmaw on normal down. Got Omnotron down which took a little bit of CD management but managed to get it down. Magmaw however of his 17ish Million HP, I die around 5 mill mark in both DPS gear and tank gear. Tank was obviously easier but just couldnt manage the dmg that was being done. Any suggestions or tips? I really enjoy soloing old world stuff and starting with Cata stuff Ive done most of the earlier stuff here an there but I like the challenge of Cata and love the look of the gear that drops

Successfully downed Bloodlord Mandokir again since the Vengeance nerf. I have a 508 ilvl, took me having the new valor trinket as well as the DMF trinket.

DS -> DS -> HS -> HS -> DRW -> VB -> IBF -> Trinkets -> ERW -> Army

Hit for 474k overkill which when you think about is peanuts to escape with using purgatory. I used a DS and ate my pet and was sitting nicely at 50% HP. Didn't even need to Rune Tap. You do not need Death Siphon at all, in fact I prefer the Blood Shield when attempting to escape purgatory. Last note would be that he did use Bloodletting on me but I managed to kick his ass through it without the use of Dark Simulacrum.