Has anyone soloed War God Dokah on the boat at Isle of Giants? It seems like it'd be doable if I had some more Mastery but there isn't much room on the boat to kite him w/o pulling a ton of adds. Got him to about 80% before wiping but I did also get hit by Thundercrush just before dying.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-05-20 at 10:34 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Has anyone soloed War God Dokah on the boat at Isle of Giants? It seems like it'd be doable if I had some more Mastery but there isn't much room on the boat to kite him w/o pulling a ton of adds. Got him to about 80% before wiping but I did also get hit by Thundercrush just before dying.
    It's trivial. You'll pick up maybe like 3-4 Dinomancers, but they're easy to survive and they don't heal Dokah. Perhaps it's a gear issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    It's trivial. You'll pick up maybe like 3-4 Dinomancers, but they're easy to survive and they don't heal Dokah. Perhaps it's a gear issue?
    Yeah, probably just need to reforge some pieces to Mastery instead of what I currently have. Don't really care to farm him though since it's just rep tokens and I don't really plan on farming rep on any other characters.

Yeah, probably just need to reforge some pieces to Mastery instead of what I currently have. Don't really care to farm him though since it's just rep tokens and I don't really plan on farming rep on any other characters.
    I doubt it's a mastery issue, I solo him when he's up sometimes out of boredom in DPS gear (510) with has 2500 mastery on it. At the front of the boat there is one dinomancer, I kill that one, then just kite the war-god left and right whenever a vengeful spirit spawns, AMS the fears, desecrated ground as a backup for it. Rest is just avoiding the thunder crash (unless a CD is up), meteors I usually eat and AoE'ing the scarabs or using them for blood worm procs with HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryleylol View Post
    I doubt it's a mastery issue, I solo him when he's up sometimes out of boredom in DPS gear (510) with has 2500 mastery on it. At the front of the boat there is one dinomancer, I kill that one, then just kite the war-god left and right whenever a vengeful spirit spawns, AMS the fears, desecrated ground as a backup for it. Rest is just avoiding the thunder crash (unless a CD is up), meteors I usually eat and AoE'ing the scarabs or using them for blood worm procs with HS.
    Agreed, 2-manned that one on my blood dk with a shadow priest, but was able to outheal it by myself, but the boss was hitting like 100k melee on me, so unlike on warbringers I couldn't eat thunder crush and spirits and had to kite at meteors too. I was in 515 full dps gear, very low mastery, like 89%. The trolls are annoying but they don't really hit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryleylol View Post
    My DK only has about 65% Mastery hence why if I ever did it again I'd change some reforges to get around 90%. But yeah, I wasn't kiting him all that well as I eventually ended up with about 6 Dinomancer adds along with the War God and Vengeful Spirit.

My DK only has about 65% Mastery hence why if I ever did it again I'd change some reforges to get around 90%. But yeah, I wasn't kiting him all that well as I eventually ended up with about 6 Dinomancer adds along with the War God and Vengeful Spirit.
    If you're ending up with that many adds it def seems like a kiting issue =p I fly to the boat and use parachute cloak to go down to the ship, kill the dinomancer at the front of the boat, pull war god to that spot and whenever he spawns a vengeful spirit, I just run to the other side. the spirit will despawn by the time it gets there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Wait, what? How'd you do it?
    I'd like to know that as well ;P

He's a boss where you can still wipe as you'll get overwealmed by adds if not everyone has their cooldowns ready for nuking. I can't see killing the adds being very viable either - they have soooo much hp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    The basic concept isn't rocket science, it's about intercepting beams to get healed and repositioning adds to make that more efficient, but finding the right positioning, the right add order, how/when to spread dots, when to kill adds and coordinate cds with the kills, etc... that's an entirely different matter.

It's half about finding the strat, half about executing.
    I've not found grip to be working on the adds consistently! Just gief the video and we'll be happy ;D

EDIT: Oh... so it's like those adds on hc zon'ozz? No cast bar, can be interrupted xD
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-05-21 at 04:07 PM.

Seems like AMS doesn't make Festergut's Gastric Bloat drop off anymore. Thanks Blizzard! I'm sure whatever random completely unrelated crap you tweaked that broke this was extremely important -_-

Quote Originally Posted by SaxRussel View Post
    Seems like AMS doesn't make Festergut's Gastric Bloat drop off anymore. Thanks Blizzard! I'm sure whatever random completely unrelated crap you tweaked that broke this was extremely important -_-
    Probably a stupid question but are you using it before Festergut refreshes Gastric Bloat? If so then I guess that makes sense as you can no longer reset that healing debuff from the trash to Horridon with AMS anymore.

Deleted
    Silences should work on the stormstout adds, we lost a gold run one time because our boomkin decided he needed to solar beam one and send it off into some crazy position.

Quote Originally Posted by SaxRussel View Post
    Noticed this today. Had to go 25reg instead of H while getting my last shards. Least I won't have to do him any more. They fixed AMS resetting stacks on Festergut and the graphic bug with the grate by blood queen appearing open before it actually is. Which seems like a really odd use of their time since there's nothing added to ICC this patch for a raiding w/ leashes type thing...

Worst case scenario for Festergut now is go 10m and laugh at how fast he dies. Unless AMS still works and my timers were waaaaaaaaaaaayyy off or something. I'm willing to trade Festergut for the now faceroll Mandokir for soloing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    quick question

those are my current trinkets:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86144
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86336

now i've got http://www.wowhead.com/item=95757 from LFR but dont know if its better
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2013-05-22 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    I got an Immaculate Pandaren Broadaxe of the Earthshaker (+982 Crit & +982 Hit version) yesterday and was wondering how it compared to Uroe, Harbinger of Terror (LFR)?

Is the increased weapon damage worth the loss in Strength? The Hit I'd get is currently useless for me as I'm already .20% over the cap with reforging out of Hit on all pieces that have it.

Does the .10 faster weapon speed on the Broadaxe have any effect on the outcome?

Deleted
    @Mione: Thanks. Just found out you can't use the Eye of the Black Prince on the 516 weapons, that's lame. How does weapon DPS compare to Strength, how much Strength would you need for it to be better than weapon DPS (ie. 10 weapon DPS = 100 Strength for example)?

Seems like you can't share wotlk/cataclysm lockouts between characters anymore.

Guess I'll have to do the entire ICC just to do LK HC from now on

Quote Originally Posted by Zobelthelich View Post
    Noticed this today. Had to go 25reg instead of H while getting my last shards. Least I won't have to do him any more. They fixed AMS resetting stacks on Festergut and the graphic bug with the grate by blood queen appearing open before it actually is. Which seems like a really odd use of their time since there's nothing added to ICC this patch for a raiding w/ leashes type thing...

Worst case scenario for Festergut now is go 10m and laugh at how fast he dies. Unless AMS still works and my timers were waaaaaaaaaaaayyy off or something. I'm willing to trade Festergut for the now faceroll Mandokir for soloing though.
    I'll check this when I get to doing ICC on my DK as, assuming you're using DBM, there was an update for all of the DBM packs on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post

Ugh, please be a lie. Don't want to have to get another person just for Conclave 3-4 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gontier View Post
    Edit: Turns out you can't swap to 25 Heroic after clearing 10 man normal now, either.
    In a raid group or without a group?

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post

You can't extend a 5.2 lockout into 5.3...

Quote Originally Posted by Zobelthelich View Post

Lucky =X, I still have 30 more shards to go. I had the friend that helps me with Valithria help me with Fester now too, to keep doing heroic. And yeah, I saw the fixed grate as well, hah. Leave things alone Blizzard! =P

Quote Originally Posted by Gontier View Post
    Edit: Turns out you can't swap to 25 Heroic after clearing 10 man normal now, either.
    I noticed that after doing gunship, but you can get around it by switching to 25 normal, zoning in, and then switching to 25 heroic while inside the instance.

Edit: Oh I see you meant fully now, derp, nvm
    Last edited by SaxRussel; 2013-05-22 at 01:52 PM.