Quote Originally Posted by Gontier View Post
    Without

Killed all bosses as normal, exited the instance and swapped to 25 heroic and tried to enter, said I was ineligible as the bosses had already been defeated or something similar (I get instant disconnected when I try to enter so I can't read the full message).

I'll check if it still works with a raid group in 5 min.
    Seems like a bug to me if you get DC'd but may also be an addon issue

Might be, but I've tried with and without addons and I still get disconnected. I tried doing it with a raid group now as well, but still the same result.

You are ineligible to participate in at least one encounter in this instance because you are already locked to an instance in which it has been defeated.

Question to all of you - are you trying to extend 10m 5.2 resets? so far every patch this "alt-extending" breaks, you just have to reclear it once on your alt and you can do the same again till 5.4.

The 10/25 sounds kinda annoying, had a lot of bugs with this prior to 5.3 too though. Generally speaking we had to leave the instance to set 25HM from *25 normal*, switching inside never worked.

Anyways I'll go grab a fresh save on my shaman and see if I can still transfer that new save. I really hope they didn't fuck with this system, I don't mind clearing (25) ICC too much as it's fairly fast, but I'd hate to clear 4/8 DS and conclave weekly.

Edit: yet to try transferring but all my saves did not get wiped, tried my DS save, definatly asks me to get saved to 4/8 normal - don't see why this shouldn't work. Maybe it's just ICC?
    Last edited by falagar112; 2013-05-22 at 02:08 PM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Might be, but I've tried with and without addons and I still get disconnected. I tried doing it with a raid group now as well, but still the same result.

You are ineligible to participate in at least one encounter in this instance because you are already locked to an instance in which it has been defeated.
    Same for me.

EDIT: worked when I changed to 25man normal outside, went inside and changed to 25man heroic. (ungrouped)
    Last edited by sharlez; 2013-05-22 at 02:39 PM.

Well I just transferred my conclave 5.2 save from my shaman to my dk without any issues whatsoever, gonna do ultraxion too - but seems its not bugged at all and as bonus you dont even have to reclear once, old 5.2 lockouts still work.
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    Same for me.

EDIT: worked when I changed to 25man normal outside, went inside and changed to 25man heroic. (ungrouped)
    Thanks will check this tonight too.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    "alt-extending"
    How exactly does that work? I just need some alt with an 11/12 ICC id. Then I group with that alt, go into ICC, the alt leaves the group and then I can kill the LK without the alt getting the id? And next reset I can just extend the 11/12 id on the alt and start all over?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    How exactly does that work? I just need some alt with an 11/12 ICC id. Then I group with that alt, go into ICC, the alt leaves the group and then I can kill the LK without the alt getting the id? And next reset I can just extend the 11/12 id on the alt and start all over?
    Yes, exactly like you just explained it.

You'll need someone else to hold the raid ID for you while you swap from your alt to your main though (unless you have multiple accounts).

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    Yes, exactly like you just explained it.

You'll need someone else to hold the raid ID for you while you swap from your alt to your main though (unless you have multiple accounts).
    I have one char that holds all my saves. DS / Tot4W / ICC, it doesn't matter how you clear it but keep in mind that:
    - to get saved in normal you have to kill at least one boss, so do upto sindra on your main, kill sindra on alt, done.
    - you cannot kill any bosses in hardmode during your clear (it will give you a heroic ID which means you won't be able to extend it)

At new reset:
    - log alt, extend the raid you want to do, invite a friend, have him enter and accept the save after you are inside.
    - give him leader, log main, let him invite you, walk inside, and done!
    My DK

With GC's announcement. How will the new Vengeance changes affect our ability to solo stuff, concidering it appears to be a massive damage loss, I'm afraid that certain enrage timers won't be hit.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Deleted
    If you have, say 700k hp, if you solo a 25-man raid boss, you will "only" get a 350k AP boost. I don't think that you often get that, except on current content.
    So I don't think it will change a lot of things.

Well, concidering I solo in dps gear, at most I get would be... 600k at ICC.
    I don't usually tank, but I really enjoy the Death Knight Solo stuff, and to me, it almost feels like blizz is trying to hamper that.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    Well, concidering I solo in dps gear, at most I get would be... 600k at ICC.
    I don't usually tank, but I really enjoy the Death Knight Solo stuff, and to me, it almost feels like blizz is trying to hamper that.
    On which boss do you reach 300k+ vengeance?

hrn, you do make a point, I guess I worry about nothing, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    hrn, you do make a point, I guess I worry about nothing, really.
    The only soloing thing it really would affect, is monk's ability to survive enrages. Surviving stone guard enrage for 11% won't really be possible. It might harm the soloing of hagara (for dk's) but that's really it.

Deleted
    Seems like it's no longer possible to skip Dreamwalker. Back to soloing.

Edit: Turns out you can't swap to 25 Heroic after clearing 10 man normal now, either.
    You can skip Valithria, you just cant use goblin glider while using nitro boosts. Intended? Bug? No clue. But skipped Valithria with NP just now, just jumping down and using glider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    On which boss do you reach 300k+ vengeance?
    25hc content I'd guess.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    25hc content I'd guess.
    Even in 25hc that's rather rare for normal tanking. If you wanna scumbag DpS, that's a different story...

What do you, guys, think about Conversion? Worth choosing over Death Pact for most encounters?

The encounters that deal enough damage to threaten your life also have as steep DpS requirements, so nope. Conversion isn't really an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    25hc content I'd guess.
    I'm maintank in our 25HM team and I'd be vengeancecapped at around 400k (800k hp) - and while we haven't cleared all that many heroics I can tell you that:
    - megaera25hm barely gives me 280k vengeance (green head near the end) and more like 200k on average.
    - ji-kun25hm barely gives me 200k even after 2nd talon rakes.

I don't think there's many, if any, raiding scenario where you'd be vengeance capped in a 25HM scenario, 400k vengeance is a lot.

You won't even notice a change for solo'ing, even including the hardest hitting things you can do.
    LK25HM barely gives me 60~100k vengeance. Ultraxion ~80k etc.

This "nerf" feels aimed towards non-90s and maybe towards monks solo'ing / paladins solotanking, but it won't affect us DK at all.
    Last edited by falagar112; 2013-05-23 at 02:34 PM.
    My DK