Quote Originally Posted by daluur View Post
    it 'can' be done with 2 persons, the other has to be a shaman or warlock, and you need good communication and gear (not recommended)
    been a while since i did it, but, if i remember correctly:
    someone else needs to tank her, and you needs to be the closest person to the tank (only you and the tank goes in the rest stays behind)
    when going in it is important that you have shadow's edge equipped
    pray that you get 1. bite (afaik it should go to the one highest on threat but it didn't always when I got it, which is why more people = easier)

whenever you have to bite you have to have shadow's edge equipped

if you let people die after they've been bitten you will not get overwhelmed with vampires, but keep in mind that they heal when they deal dmg

basically, if you get a couple of people, have shadow's edge equipped all the time, go in as 2. person
    after you've gotten bitten, let people who have been bitten die and CR/ankh/SS them (the more you have the easier) and just dps her slowly
    sucks to kill her before you've done 3. bite
    hope this helps
    ps. I did this 4-man back when I did it (patch 5.0 all with half blues/LFR gear) were almost able to do it 3, but we wiped a couple of times and it was easier to get a fourth guy
    if i remember right she wont bite the MT or whoever has blood mirror, so have 3 people go in, one tanks her, DK gets blood mirror then switchs spots with the 3rd person so the DK is now behind her and the 3rd person has blood mirror that way the DK is only legal target for bite

Quote Originally Posted by Tandestoker View Post
    Hi lads, i have a question about blood dk solo first of all which out of these 3 is best to solo
    -spark of zandalar(LFR)
    -shado pan valor talisman
    -fabled feather(LFR)
    (all dps)
    Next question why use the glyph of shifting presence ?

Ty in advance
    imo: Feather + Shado-Pan

I've never shifted out of BP when soloing as blood because the draw back is too big (20% rune haste, HP and defense loss) so I don't see any use for the glyph

Deleted
    Great thanks both.

Any glyphs that are seen as a MUST in soloing? Sorry for all the questions i'm fairly new to DK soloing but i know what i'm doing
    Last edited by mmoccf3a3ebb95; 2013-07-10 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Question

Deleted
    Glyph of AMS can be useful.
    Also, Glyph of Icy Touch allows you to remove one buff from the target, that can be useful too.

Thanks for the answer about blood infusion, will try this week and see how it goes.

@Tandestoker: some also use glyph of pestilence. Also, a minor glyph which can seem useless, can be instead necessary for ragnaros soloing: glyph of resilient grip, so you can spam death grip on meteors to knock them back.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The minor Glyph of Death's Embrace is also rather nice for bosses like Ragnaros.

Deleted
    Cheers for the answers

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    The minor Glyph of Death's Embrace is also rather nice for bosses like Ragnaros.
    So true! Watched and watched mionelol's video and was wondering "but why does she always have all that runic power to heal the ghoul and I don't??", lol.

Also tried the blood infusion with 4 people, my dk being the only one able to CR, was easier than expected, just A (the infuser) gets aggro, and the essence of the blood queen, then B taunts, A is still the highest on aggro aside from the tank, and when the essence expires, A bites B; B dies in flames, A resses B, when the essence expires again, A bites B again, in our kill we didn't need anyone else to suicide. B bites C, A bites D, kill boss, infusion done.

Frost infusion was easier, now shards solo-farming, all 25 hc except valithria, gunship and marrowgar.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2013-07-12 at 01:18 AM.

Hello folks,
    Any of the more experienced DK solo'ers have any general tips for taking down LK25 hc? I have an iLevel of 510, but I keep getting gibbed by the sheer amount of damage coming in after the transition into phase 2. It's annoyingly frustrating as I feel once I can get past that I can nail it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Hello folks,
    Any of the more experienced DK solo'ers have any general tips for taking down LK25 hc? I have an iLevel of 510, but I keep getting gibbed by the sheer amount of damage coming in after the transition into phase 2. It's annoyingly frustrating as I feel once I can get past that I can nail it :P
    I reforged to Mastery and noticed a huge difference.

Deleted
    Any self buffs you can buy that i need to know off? like what kind of well fed, some kind of drum
    (for soloing )

Welp, I reforged Mastery and managed to get him to 30% before the enrage, but I suck at dealing with the frost orbs so I go whack spirits on the stairs until the end. I think I need a bit more gear yet :P

Welp, I reforged Mastery and managed to get him to 30% before the enrage, but I suck at dealing with the frost orbs so I go whack spirits on the stairs until the end. I think I need a bit more gear yet :P
    Gear? Just L2FrostOrb and he's dead.

Deleted
    The best ever tip I read for Ice Spheres. Download Tidyplates (nameplates addon), blacklist everything that spawns (Raging Spirit, Drudge Ghoul, Shambling Horror) apart from LK and the Ice Spheres, this way during all the chaos you only see nameplates for your 2 main priority targets. It gives you a lot more time to manoeuvre yourself around LK to avoid them, which is crucial if you get silenced and can't BB / DC the sphere.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-07-12 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    Good tip quikbunny, but here's even better : have a macro that casts Death Coil on the spheres ( something like /target Ice Sphere /cast Death Coil , or /cast [@Ice Sphere] Death Coil -not sure about that one).

This will make the transition waaaay easier.

As for me, I'm still wiping, but on p2, mainly because of my karma that decides to say "fuck you lol" and gives me a silence + Soul Reaper followed by Infest. Kills me nearly every time..

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Good tip quikbunny, but here's even better : have a macro that casts Death Coil on the spheres ( something like /target Ice Sphere /cast Death Coil , or /cast [@Ice Sphere] Death Coil -not sure about that one).

This will make the transition waaaay easier.

As for me, I'm still wiping, but on p2, mainly because of my karma that decides to say "fuck you lol" and gives me a silence + Soul Reaper followed by Infest. Kills me nearly every time..
    Try to keep track of Infest/Defile timers. If you think you'll be caught during a bad Infest then try to minimize all other damage (moving for Defile, Remoresless Winter for Shambling adds). I started using Glyphed VB just for the extra healing it provides.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The best ever tip I read for Ice Spheres. Download Tidyplates (nameplates addon), blacklist everything that spawns (Raging Spirit, Drudge Ghoul, Shambling Horror) apart from LK and the Ice Spheres, this way during all the chaos you only see nameplates for your 2 main priority targets. It gives you a lot more time to manoeuvre yourself around LK to avoid them, which is crucial if you get silenced and can't BB / DC the sphere.
    Great idea when targetting them is the issue. Also remember, you can melee them right as they spawn to 1-hit them, it takes them a second or two to activate.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    The macros with [@...] or [target=....] only work on units (target, player, pet, pettarget, focus, party1 etc.) but not with names.

Code:
    #showtooltip Death Coil
    /focus
    /cleartarget
    /tar Icy Sphere
    /cast [@target,exists,nodead] Death Coil
    /tar focus
    /clearfocus
    The idea is to clear your target before targetting the Icy Sphere so you don't DC your current target if there is no targettable Icy Sphere. If you clear your target /lasttarget would not get you back to the LK, so your current target will be set as focus, then cleared, targetting the sphere, casting death coil, targetting your focus, clearing the focus.

One could get rid of the /focus and /clearfocus bit if it's okay to have the LK as permanent focus.

I used to have a death coil macro for the frost orbs also but sometimes you will be silenced and unable to use death coil, instead it's much easier to just disable all name plates except frost orbs and melee them with runestrike or something as soon as they land (you wont get the knockback).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was just wondering a few days ago, is it possible to solo Elegon with a high ilvl in normal mode atm? thnx if you can . Currently unsubbed but thinking of soloing him when I resub

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I was just wondering a few days ago, is it possible to solo Elegon with a high ilvl in normal mode atm? thnx if you can . Currently unsubbed but thinking of soloing him when I resub
    Maybe (and that's a big maybe) it will be possible in next tier's BiS gear.

Edit: No way will it be happening until next expansion, actually, even with the +50% damage buff. Since you're alone, you'll be gripped if you try to reset the stacks from the platform. It might be doable by Warlocks or Hunters, however.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2013-07-12 at 11:40 PM.