Daaaamnittttt LK 25HC beserk at 13% and had me pretty sure I can squeeze more vengeance out in transition so maybe tomorrow I take it with the 5.4 changes things are going to get very nice with riposte/bloodlust drums kinda want him dead before that.

I heard it was done by someone with 490ilvl? i only have about 505 at the moment with a 510 weapon but I my skill lvl is not there yet
    Whoops, sig too big

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Hello folks,
    Any of the more experienced DK solo'ers have any general tips for taking down LK25 hc? I have an iLevel of 510, but I keep getting gibbed by the sheer amount of damage coming in after the transition into phase 2. It's annoyingly frustrating as I feel once I can get past that I can nail it :P
    dang 25mHLK was quite challenging on my main dk when I first did it at ilvl 517 and now it is a walk in the park now that my ilvl is 530.

Tired doing 25mHLK on my ilvl 506 dk alt (one of the many lvl 90 dk alts I have lol) but only made it to 35~mil until he enraged and killed me. Transitions went less smooth than my main dk but I made sure I had a cd or two which eased the phase.

Also fully enchanted/gemmed, strength flask/food and have 93% mastery.

Pretty sure I'll be able to kill him once I replace my 470 pvp weapon with a 516 one.

Deleted
    Hello Guys, i dont know if i should put it here, but today i got a lucky shot at the first boss of Blackwing lair as a DK tank, and i solo`d it... I forgot to use Xsplit but here are some screens ! as you can see i have enough health left on Razor, while i kill the last egg!

Also, i dont know if the Upload of the pics worked ?

http://postimg.org/gallery/8by1n6zo/

Not really a dk question, but I'm a bit worried about our "lead in soloing" which I think we have atm: prot paladins can outheal galleon's + adds damage for 15 mins and therefore solo him while also bringing the dps for the enrage, we can't even outheal galleon's damage (at least not for 15 mins), prot paladins have soloed primordius (haven't checked the video, but I guess it's due to their ability to survive higher amounts of damage and vengeance), and if you check this one (should be the top paladin soloist from what I see) http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2S3Du3xtFw_1C5PLmtWiQ you can see that in DS normal we have more dps than prot paladins on morchok, ultraxion, madness, but 1) yor'sahj he pulls all adds and nukes him down in 1 min, 2) zon'ozz he doesn't even bounce the ball and just outheals the full stacks while still doing more dps than us even if he doesn't put the debuff on the boss, 3) hagara he survives what, 40 sec to the enrage and gets 600k + vengeance?, 4) blackhorn he doesn't even reset stacks and doesn't even kill adds, 5) madness, even if he has less dps, he is once again able to survive the enrage for a very long time. On the other hand, dks did spine, he didn't yet, but not impossible as he can decide when to heal.

How is that prot paladins have SO MUCH more survival than blood dks atm? From my experience I can survive 450k vengeance on hagara, but only for 12 seconds or so, and for a decently long time maybe not even 100k (without a healer ofc). We have LB and death siphon scaling with vengeance and healing more based on it, what do prot paladins have that makes them able to survive like forever to the enrages, to the point that (I feel like) they could let the boss enrage at 100% and still kill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    wear pure stam gear
    follow proper kill order
    dont stack on Val

if the boss requires more then "stand here and DPS till it dies" (especailly if the boss requires an entirely different set of gear) then i wont classifiy it as simple
    I did Valithria with my normal soloing gear which is my normal dps gear at a 530 ilvl(All I do is LFR now so I have that and valor gear), I didn't bother to buy any weapons so I used a thunderfury and the warglaive offhand, I ran around and mostly just spammed heart strike, it really was quite simple in my opinion, considering I did it on the first attempt.

Just because you may have some kind of problem or difficulty with it doesn't inherently make it difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Welp, I reforged Mastery and managed to get him to 30% before the enrage, but I suck at dealing with the frost orbs so I go whack spirits on the stairs until the end. I think I need a bit more gear yet :P
    You're at a 510 ilvl, LK25H should be cake, the best tip I can give you for frost orbs is to only use blood runes on transitions for blood boiling frost orbs and nothing else.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-07-13 at 02:08 AM.

I did Valithria with my normal soloing gear which is my normal dps gear at a 530 ilvl(All I do is LFR now so I have that and valor gear), I didn't bother to buy any weapons so I used a thunderfury and the warglaive offhand, I ran around and mostly just spammed heart strike, it really was quite simple in my opinion, considering I did it on the first attempt.

Just because you may have some kind of problem or difficulty with it doesn't inherently make it difficult.
    msot people arent at 530 ilvl

and you did have to look up thne strat to know how to pull it off

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Not really a dk question, but I'm a bit worried about our "lead in soloing" which I think we have atm: prot paladins can outheal galleon's + adds damage for 15 mins and therefore solo him while also bringing the dps for the enrage, we can't even outheal galleon's damage (at least not for 15 mins), prot paladins have soloed primordius (haven't checked the video, but I guess it's due to their ability to survive higher amounts of damage and vengeance), and if you check this one (should be the top paladin soloist from what I see) http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2S3Du3xtFw_1C5PLmtWiQ you can see that in DS normal we have more dps than prot paladins on morchok, ultraxion, madness, but 1) yor'sahj he pulls all adds and nukes him down in 1 min, 2) zon'ozz he doesn't even bounce the ball and just outheals the full stacks while still doing more dps than us even if he doesn't put the debuff on the boss, 3) hagara he survives what, 40 sec to the enrage and gets 600k + vengeance?, 4) blackhorn he doesn't even reset stacks and doesn't even kill adds, 5) madness, even if he has less dps, he is once again able to survive the enrage for a very long time. On the other hand, dks did spine, he didn't yet, but not impossible as he can decide when to heal.

How is that prot paladins have SO MUCH more survival than blood dks atm? From my experience I can survive 450k vengeance on hagara, but only for 12 seconds or so, and for a decently long time maybe not even 100k (without a healer ofc). We have LB and death siphon scaling with vengeance and healing more based on it, what do prot paladins have that makes them able to survive like forever to the enrages, to the point that (I feel like) they could let the boss enrage at 100% and still kill it?
    Protection Paladins, are, in essence, broken. The only reason they seem to be (or are) invincible is because their survivability scales with Vengeance, while ours doesn't unless you spec Death Siphon. ~100k-120k Vengeance is possible to survive, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Also, keep in mind you're talking about normal mode. You'd be extremely surprised at what a DK with ilevel 550 gear can do in there and he has similar gear.
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    I'm not sure if Voodoo Doll has any downsides, but I doubt you can avoid it. Banish can't be avoided either afaik, making Gara'jal impossible till you can nuke him before the first banish.
    Our guild can 9 man him to death before he does the first banish - Note he doesnt banish below 20%. and that was on heroic. On normal I think at the end of this expansion maybe it will be possible to meet the dps requirements solo?
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Just want to chime in to express appreciation for this thread, always enjoyed soloing old raids (or running with a semi lvled friend for mog items) and the info here has been really useful in pushing that further opening more possibilities for us. And hopefully be able to throw something of use to the thread out.

And, offtopic but has been nagging at me for a while now, Mione, your name. Shot in the dark, but is it any connection to Higuarishi anime/manga? Sonozaki Mione?
    Last edited by mmoc1ab01643fd; 2013-07-13 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post

time to level one of the two classes I haven't leveled past 10

Deleted
    Have always wanted to try soloing all the old content but never decided on a class suitable for it (i'm pretty casual)

with the upcoming 5.4 changes thus far you guys still think the DK will be the superior for the solo department? or are pallies going to catch us?

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Have always wanted to try soloing all the old content but never decided on a class suitable for it (i'm pretty casual)

with the upcoming 5.4 changes thus far you guys still think the DK will be the superior for the solo department? or are pallies going to catch us?
    The issue with Paladin soloing is that if you got tank, you need a certain level of vengeance. If you get no vengeance, you slowly die. So if you got high level of gear (most possibly not as a 'pretty casual') and mostly try to solo high damage stuff then by all means, go for paladin. But unless that's the case, go for DK. Even after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    msot people arent at 530 ilvl

and you did have to look up thne strat to know how to pull it off
    That's not a good excuse.

Knowing that they buffed the bloodworm heal and that faster weapons proc things more, there was no " thne strat" that needed to be looked up, stop being silly.

If you're casual in the sense that you don't do normal/heroic raids anymore, like me, then in my opinion you should use a DK. I have no clue how paladins are as I'm just not interested since mine is still 85, I'd assume you'd probably have to be at the heroic gear level though.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-07-14 at 11:44 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I think that Paladins are going to be changed on the PTR (as they're rather broken currently), so DKs will still be superior.

Deleted
    Death strike scales with damage taken, prot paladin healing scales with vengeance. There's a subtle but notable difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Death strike scales with damage taken, prot paladin healing scales with vengeance. There's a subtle but notable difference.
    Death strike scales with damage taken BUT always does a minimum amount (which is quite high). This is the important part when soloing old content.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's hardly any old content where DS min heal vs ap scaling of paladins matter. Hagara is propably one of the few fights where you run into a situation where it makes a significant difference.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    There's hardly any old content where DS min heal vs ap scaling of paladins matter. Hagara is propably one of the few fights where you run into a situation where it makes a significant difference.
    It doesn't make a difference even there, as we can use Lichborne for those few seconds when you need to survive the enrage. Mione gets some 850k+ Death Coil heals in her Hagara video, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a whole another thing. Sustained survivability where non-minDS heals matter are far and wide. I'm pretty sure that where DKs have no problem with min DS heals, other tank classes won't have any survivability issues either. Dps is a different animal.

quick question about Nefarion, Onyxias full bar attack does 1 million damage so i was wondering if anyone tryed using CDs to survive the blast and bring nef down enough to pretty much skip phase 3 or if the encounter resets after she explodes