Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Because they already reward you in other ways. Elder charms are the reward for dailies. You don't NEED them. If you raid with a guild that tells you to have them then that is the way the guild works. If you don't like it find another guild.
    Okey, and what about the reputation rewards that you get access to from dailies? Arent they the actual reward for dailies?

From what I have gathered from dailies in previous expansions the dailies was there to give reputation to then buy rewards like enchants/recipes/mounts and such.

Not increase the gear you get from other sources.

The real reason that Blizz puts elder charms on dailies is because they want people to start doing them. And now people are doing them, not because its fun, but because they get rewards that you dont get anywhere else...

I want to know how many would stop doing dailies if they removed the charms and valor you get from dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Why in the world should Blizzard cater to the complaints of the 5% who actually raid?
    They should cater to the 5% in this case because the rewards are directed straight at raiders.

I guess another solution would be to make them not usable in real raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I completely agree. I'd rather just log on for raids, guild stuff and to do things that are fun to me(a couple of arenas here and there, challenge modes, whatever I feel like), instead of spending all the time I spend on WoW outside of raids on dailies.
    Fun for you doesn't necessarily mean fun for everyone,I despise the fact of logging into wow just for raids and standing still in a capital waiting for a bg or arena/heroic invite.To each his own,I like having the option to do some dailies for some extra gold and some sparkly pixels.RNG IS RNG you can get all your charms and not get a single item,or get an item for every gold charm.You want to get the chance you do the quests otherwise stand there and complain some more for more free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    They should cater to the 5% in this case because the rewards are directed straight at raiders.

I guess another solution would be to make them not usable in real raids.
    ....or you could just not use them. But I guess self control just doesn't exist for raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssangel View Post
    Fun for you doesn't necessarily mean fun for everyone,I despise the fact of logging into wow just for raids and standing still in a capital waiting for a bg or arena/heroic invite.To each his own,I like having the option to do some dailies for some extra gold and some sparkly pixels.RNG IS RNG you can get all your charms and not get a single item,or get an item for every gold charm.You want to get the chance you do the quests otherwise stand there and complain some more for more free stuff.
    And nobody is asking to take that away. Only to give more options and not be forced to do dailies. Everybody wins, right?

What irks me about this discussion is that raiders (PvP-ers do this too, but i'll use raiders as example) respond to nearly everything with "Put in the effort to get the reward lol!" (You know they're raiders because they never fail to either mention that they're pro l33t raiders, or they compare the issue to their raids :P ), and when they have to do something outside raiding (Taking "Having to do something" broadly here), it's the old standby "Why do i need to do [stuff that isn't raiding] in order to raid most efficiently? WHY BLIZZ WHY???"

I'm pretty sure that Blizz intends (Or rather: hopes) for us to do multiple parts of the game they spent lots of time and effort building, there's lots to do, why are people so set on picking one of those things and exclusively do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineZero View Post
    Okey, and what about the reputation rewards that you get access to from dailies? Arent they the actual reward for dailies?

From what I have gathered from dailies in previous expansions the dailies was there to give reputation to then buy rewards like enchants/recipes/mounts and such.

Not increase the gear you get from other sources.

The real reason that Blizz puts elder charms on dailies is because they want people to start doing them. And now people are doing them, not because its fun, but because they get rewards that you dont get anywhere else...

I want to know how many would stop doing dailies if they removed the charms and valor you get from dailies.
    Well if they put the effort in at the start of mop they would no longer have to do them. I haven't done them in months and am exalted with everyone and still have well over 1000 lesser charms. If anyone called themselves a raider they would be in the same boat. It does not matter what content you have to do to get an advantage in raids. Out of both my guilds raid teams I have never seen one person whine about dailies. It's the normal mode heros that whine about having to get dailies for charms.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    What irks me about this discussion is that raiders (PvP-ers do this too, but i'll use raiders as example) respond to nearly everything with "Put in the effort to get the reward lol!" (You know they're raiders because they never fail to either mention that they're pro l33t raiders, or they compare the issue to their raids :P ), and when they have to do something outside raiding (Taking "Having to do something" broadly here), it's the old standby "Why do i need to do [stuff that isn't raiding] in order to raid most efficiently? WHY BLIZZ WHY???"

I'm pretty sure that Blizz intends (Or rather: hopes) for us to do multiple parts of the game they spent lots of time and effort building, there's lots to do, why are people so set on picking one of those things and exclusively do that?
    Exactly this. EXACTLY this. There has to be a broad set of rewards for a broad set of activities, otherwise people are only going to do one thing, people. But, even so, you really ONLY have to do one thing. You get extra stuff for doing other things. If you feel you HAVE to do these other things and HAVE to get these extra things, well, that's all on you. What the hell do you want Blizzard to do? Make it so one or two things gives you everything? I mean, that's a very dumb slippery slope and not very good design. That's not going to make people explore various aspects of the game. I hate to use the word, man, but some people have some really strange entitlement issues. If not having some charms is going to break raiding for you, or whatever, maybe you need a new guild, or to rethink how you play the game. Maybe this game isn't even the right one for you. Maybe MMOs, even, aren't. You people have got SERIOUS issues with restraining yourself from doing stuff you don't like. Like some sort of addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Well if they put the effort in at the start of mop they would no longer have to do them. I haven't done them in months and am exalted with everyone and still have well over 1000 lesser charms. If anyone called themselves a raider they would be in the same boat.
    Why would a raider ever need to get exalted with a faction? I didn't even get revered with half of them because before I ever came to a reputation gate in which I was unable to spend my valor, 5.1 came out with item upgrade which every serious raider spends their valor on.

....or you could just not use them. But I guess self control just doesn't exist for raiders?
    Charms make a huge fucking difference on progression. Not getting them is like not getting gems or enchants. You can do the content without, but you're gimping yourself that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Why would a raider ever need to get exalted with a faction? I didn't even get revered with half of them because before I ever came to a reputation gate in which I was unable to spend my valor, 5.1 came out with item upgrade which every serious raider spends their valor on.

Charms make a huge fucking difference on progression. Not getting them is like not getting gems or enchants. You can do the content without, but you're gimping yourself that way.
    So, to "not gimp yourself", you'll do content you hate? Why? It doesn't even make sense. Maybe you should re-evaluate your gameplaying ways :x

Currently on the PTR the aforementioned bag is the reward of one of the first dailies which means that you don't have to do more than 1 daily to get it... No big deal !

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Oh, Jesus Christ. People just complain about ANYTHING nowadays.

Be thankful they even implemented the extra elder charms. They didn't even have to do that. But they did, and yet you are ungrateful because you feel you're being forced into specific dailies which, btw, you ARE going to do anyway if you wish to remain "competitive."

This kind of mind set in the community really needs to stop. Entitlement feels stronger now in MMOs than it has ever been before. If you're not being handed what you want, when you want it and HOW you want it, to the exact fucking decimal, you are unhappy and complain. Shit, I almost feel like if you were 100% happy with WoW you would probably complain that WoW needed something to make you unhappy. That it was "TOO PERFECT."
    okay... you have a point... but just for discussion's sake turn this around:

I assume Blizzard knows how their players are in also how raiders are, correct?
    They have implemented caps on everything one can do because otherwise people would go on untill they burned themselves out.

Now, when Blizzard decided to implement these extra coins (worth of 30 lesser charms), don't you think that they knew that raiders and even people who run lfr every week, would feel forced into getting that coin? And they put it behind dailies as well....

Just try to figure out what Blizzard was thinking when they put this in and locked it behind rng and dailies (log on every day and do the daily to maximize the amount of coins).

Why in the world should Blizzard cater to the complaints of the 5% who actually raid? I never got that. I don't even really get why it's a problem. So, like, you want the same rewards something gives, from something else? No other aspects of the game work that way :x certain things only reward certain things. That's just how it is. When some casual starts complaining that they want heroic raid gear from running scenarios, should that be listened to, too? If you don't like, or can't do something, why should you get the rewards from it? You don't have to do it. If you feel compelled to do it, that's your weird, very weird, broken issues, and probably issues with your guild and other people you associate with, more than anything being actually wrong with the game.
    Why should daily quests give Charms if not to make raiders do them? People who just do daily quests can't use them.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    If you dont like it dont do dailies. Simple

So, to "not gimp yourself", you'll do content you hate? Why? It doesn't even make sense. Maybe you should re-evaluate your gameplaying ways :x
    I will.
    Gimping yourself feels absolutely shitty. Like you're letting down 9 other people. Gearing up makes an exponential difference. The more dps you do, the quicker the fight go and the less opportunities to make mistakes. The more healing you do, the more mistakes you are allowed. The more geared your tank is, the less healers need to worry about them. When I wipe on a boss, I don't want "what if we had a bit more gear from charms" lingering in the back of my mind.

Is this starting to make sense to you, or am I still mentally impaired to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssangel View Post
    Exactly. Fun for me doesn't mean fun for you, and vice versa. You seem to like dailies, I don't. I don't want dailies to be the only activity that gives a certain type of reward that can only be used in raids.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-01-22 at 11:16 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Currently on the PTR the aforementioned bag is the reward of one of the first dailies which means that you don't have to do more than 1 daily to get it... No big deal !
    This will be added to the other 45/week so now if a players wants to max his/her's chances on loot they need to do 52 dailies.

Things add up you know, it is not only this one daily one needs to do to get every in line for their main activity.
    And it is a daily. People where complaining that about dailies... and now the one extra coin.. is behind a daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    So, as the title says, according to the front page, we'll get a RNG chance from a daily quest reward box to get extra Elder Charms.

Personally, I've disliked the fact that I need to do dailies for Elder Charms ever since it was implemented, but at least I got to pick which ones I wanted to do to reach the 90 Lesser Charms per week. The 5.2 extra chance for Elder Charms seems to only come from 1 source: Sunreaver/Kirin Tor dailies. I think that is a terrible idea. Can anybody give a decent argument for why a RNG chance to get an item that gives you a RNG chance to get extra loot is a good idea?
    [sarcasm]
    OMG Blizzard stop adding optional stuff that some people might like and enjoy, but I don't
    Please start making the game exactly like I want it, not how the other 10 million players want it.

GG Blizzard listen to me now or I quit.
    [/sarcasm off]

With that said. Everytime something is implemented, someone is gonna love that feature and someone is gonna hate that feature.

For some reason it is in our human nature to complain openly when something is wrong.
    But when something is right we allmost never praise that.

tldr.: people might like things that otehrs don't.
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

This is an extra feature. You can pretend it's not implemented by never doing the dailies in question and getting your 3 charms a week like you do now. And if it bothers you that other players will get the random ones and you won't, then get over it and grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    This will be added to the other 45/week so now if a players wants to max his/her's chances on loot they need to do 52 dailies.
    Not to mention that we'll have to do this daily quest for as long as Elder Charms provide extra loot. Not just 5.2, but likely the entire expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    This is an extra feature.
    Charms are only extra as much as gems and enchants are extra.