Thread: Next Warchief

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I would like to Hope that Saurfang will take up the mantle of warchief after Garrosh. I think weare going to see him back for SoO along side tye other racial leaders of the Rebellion, he has a promise to live up too after all, about killing Garrosh himself for taking the Horde down this path again. And sadly i think we will see him lay down his life to end the reign of the Tyrant Garrosh, i wish it were not so, but thats what i see coming. Would also go has a sign to bring the "New New Horde" together, the loss of a Legend: High Overlord Saurfang.
    Last edited by Noobknight; 2013-02-11 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by summerdrake View Post
    rexxar has it all, he is the champion of the horde, he is bigger than garrosh. Together with his uber bear buddy misha, he's someone nobody wants to mess with lightly.

He has no enemies within the horde and no race would feel too offended if he became warchief as he wouldn't represent a particular race so politically rexxar would be the easiest to get away with.

He got along with jaina pretty well, so he has that thrall thingy that he's someone alliance can actually talk to.

He is best friends with chen stormstout so he could better listen to the pandaren about how not to bring forth the sha.

Rexxar for Warchief !!

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 06:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It's not Rexxar. Micky Neilson is still having to push Blizzard just to get him included in future novels, which isn't a good sign for his chances at Warchief.
    Yet Blizzard already stated Rexxar will have a big role in MoP from the Reddit AMA. It will not be Lor'themar Theron, Rexxar has a better chance than him.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-11 at 11:38 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

It is Thrall.

He might be calling him self go`el or what ever it is, but he is still the same Orc he was before CATA.

I don't care if he wears his old armour or continues wearing his shaman garb. Aggra has been a good progression for his story/character. He has come full circle.

His parents died while trying to warn/stop the horde going down a very dark path. Murdered by the type of orcs Garrosh currently is turning into. They tried to warn orgrim, the guy who gave the title to Thrall. Thrall then was orphaned, and raised by humans. Finding out about his people and his true past he raises up and frees them. He then becomes the Warchief.

For years he toiled on trying to build a future for the horde, he then had to leave the horde (his parents were exiled but thrall chose to leave due to an issue he felt he could not ignore) He then finds him self with a young child and a wife and that the horde is going down the same dark path again. He finds him self in a similar position as his parents and has decided to act.

Also Thrall is similar in some ways to Varian as well, Both were orphaned (at least varians dad was killed I never knew about his mother) raised in another land (varian in lord and Thrall in blackmoores dungeon) Both became leaders of their people and returned their peoples freedom/gave them a new home. Both are now fathers.

My money is on Thrall. Anything else is a very long shot.

Saurfang doesnt want the job
    Rexxar doesnt want the job
    Baine and Vol'jin are both more like advisers than leaders
    Sylvanas and Lorethmar dont give a shit about the horde there alliance to the horde is just mutual benefaction
    Gallywix would sell the horde out for a dime if given the chance
    Ji Firepaw has just joined

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This kind of analogy really speaks volumes when showing how little the playerbase manages to follow the story in what its set in right now.

Saying 'We need an aggressive warchief!', Yeah, well we had that. We've had that all though cataclysm and though mists too, we've had the most overly agressive bastard that walks leading the horde, and the result is leading to the horde breaking apart from the inside.

The lesson is that you don't need an aggressive warchief, because its a fact aggressive warchief's lead to nothing but trouble, ones that war nothing but to perpetuate war, and the results are always the same.

Pay. Attention. To. The. Story. The devs are flat out telling you the consequences of war and hatred and senseless violence. They made a freakin villian that grows and becomes stronger from this mentality, so why the hell are you insisting that the solution to this is to have yet another character doing the same mistake Garrosh has done. It leads to nothing but ruin.

What the horde needs, is a leader who is able to work towards peace for his people, one that still agree to peace when it is offered, but who will not take any shit the alliance dishes out at the horde either. Thrall has no faults in this, infact he was the best set example of what a leader should be doing, fighting when he knew it was right, and working for peace when he knew it was the best solution.
    The only issue with Thralls leadership didn't come from what he wanted. It formed from the slack jawed playerbase who didn't understand this kind of morality and derped about 'durrrr thems need be more waaarrrrr in warcraft!'.
    It is amazing how many people do not pay attention tho what actually happens in game.

Deleted
    Chen Stormstout. Calling it.
    "The Horde is one big fammury."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blixsauce View Post
    Chen Stormstout. Calling it.
    "The Horde is one big fammury."
    That would be pretty cool actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually vote for Lorthemar for Warchief..., why?

Cause Thrall is "conflicted" right now and COME ON! WE ALL KNOW THAT THRALL IS "ALMOST" THE BEST OPTION FOR WARCHIEF BUT MANY PEOPLE WANT A CHANGE!

also Lorthemar have what we need, he knows when is the moment to fight and the moment to talk, also he's not stucked in how the things where done in the old times, he keep from the past what may be better for his people and embrace the future for the good of his people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    What I've said is still correct. The Horde has a terrible history concerning aggressive leaders.

Even Orgrim Doomhammer's campaign during the Second War ultimately screwed the orcs over and though he's much less of an asshole, he was still aggressive. Really the Horde has only grown in a positive way under Thrall, who was much less inclined to solve conflict through fighting.
    Clearly they -weren't- doing so well under Thrall or they wouldn't have jumped at the chance to do things Garrosh's way.

Did you read his short story and hear Krenna's issues with Thrall's leadership?

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TragedyAnn View Post

Nazgrim has command experience, and has been around since Warcraft III, but your average non-lore interested player doesn't know who the hell he is. Players who don't follow the lore would be thrown for a loop.
    I think you mean Nazgrel, who's still in Outland.

Nazgrim is the guy who's been around since Wotlk and in Vashj'ir and in Pandaria's landing area.

Two different orcs
    Twas brillig