Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    Wouldn't you like to know? I don't work in politics, I'm a worker for the Workers' Party of Korea, not the "North Korean party". A political party doesn't just have politics working for it, you should know this considering you live in a country where political parties do everything besides politics.

My job specifics are not of your concern.

Sure thing.

I've got this bridge in nearby Brooklyn you might be interested in.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Great, 'cos the US needs more reasons to be even more paranoid and war-hungry.
    I hate war but here it seems to be an eminent danger. Not like Iraq and Afghanistan. Korea is actually saying were making nukes to shoot at America. With the way our country loves to go to war how are we not in Korea? I guess they have no oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The Operation Meetinghouse firebombing raid on Tokyo killed more than the A-bombs.
    Yup. Although there isn't lingering radiation, to act as if there weren't enormous casualties from more 'conventional' weapons in WW2 is foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The fire bombings in Europe by the Allies cost more than quadruple the lives that the two A-bombs cost in Japan.
    Oh I know, yeah. Dropping the atomics wasn't really about a body count. It was about a lot of things.

Regardless I think it was mostly about us saying "we have atomic bombs" than anything else.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    Wouldn't you like to know? I don't work in politics, I'm a worker for the Workers' Party of Korea, not the "North Korean party". A political party doesn't just have politics working for it, you should know this considering you live in a country where political parties do everything besides politics.

Is that not everybody in North Korea? So which is it? Janitor, clerk or dishwasher in the canteen?

Pathetic saber rattling from a backwards dictatorship to boost popularity for a fat retard son of a another retard

If one nuclear weapon is detonated anywhere near the continental United States then North Korea will be wiped off the map

Deleted
    "Arch-enemy" Really? Do these guys think they're in some sort of movie...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Sure thing.

I've got this bridge in nearby Brooklyn you might be interested in.
    I'm not familiar with this western humor, a bridge? In Brooklyn? I hope I never have to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    "Arch-enemy" Really? Do these guys think they're in some sort of movie...
    If there is anything that Team America: World Police has taught me, it is that Kim Jong Il loved movies. Perhaps he passed that love of movies on to his son?

Deleted
    Wouldn't you like to know? I don't work in politics, I'm a worker for the Workers' Party of Korea, not the "North Korean party". A political party doesn't just have politicians working for it, you should know this considering you live in a country where political parties do everything besides politics.

I advise everybody to look at this guys post history before taking him seriously. He first claimed to be Portugese, living in Lisbon, then he switched to being North Korean when a thread about North Korea appeared.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...057&pp=&page=7

Bush and Cheney must be so pissed that someone is legitimately talking shit now.

lol. Erikson writes deeper and more convoluted plots with more magic, more flair, and more excitement than Martin could ever hope to accomplish. Martin's particular brand of 'everyone dies, the good die faster' and shock-death writing is entertaining, the first time. If you know the story, it becomes extremely boring (much like Jorden, but even Martin doesn't approach those middle books /tugs braid) and without the shock value the books are just a re-writing of a middle ages history textbook with dialogue.

Erikson certainly has a fault or two, his big one is the philosophical meanderings of the common soldiers, but his world is amazing, his prose is good (and great at times) and both his setups and convergences are some of the best in Speculative Fiction.

Neither can put down prose as well as Wolfe or write as effortlessly entertainingly as Abercrombie, but for long epic fantasy stories, Erikson is surely first with Martin a distant second.
    I disagree. Well; I won't say Martin is objectively very good (which he isn't, really, but then: He doesn't explicitly SAY so in his forewords, either).
    Jordan is much, much deeper. Though the main plot is predictable since it's already been told by just about every religion ever, and is the staple of Zoroastrian theology, the world behind it is much deeper. Where Erikson's world has magic 'because it's cool and fantasy and stuff,' the magic in the Wheel of Time has a purpose, and ties in directly with the physics of said world. Not surprising, of course, since Jordan was a physics major.
    Erikson, however, just throws gods about like candy, and everything happens because of, ultimately, Deus Ex Machina. His prose is winded and lacks rhythm, colourful and descriptive though it is. His 'more magic' approach really merely serves to take the actual magic out of it. When every conundrum and plot problem is solved by 'Gods! Magic! I want it to happen THIS way, and logic be damned,' then the flair quickly vanishes. There is no pseudo-scientific reason for this magic to actually be possible; the least Erikson could have done was make the fabric of reality interactive to some degree by ways of human interference, but it merely ís.
    There is a reason I compared him to Kim Jung Il. I'll agree that Erikson writes better and more coherent than Kim Jung Il ever could, but both make promises they do not live up to.

I'm going to check up on Abercombie and Wolfe, as I am unfamiliar with their works (and will therefore not judge them), but if you want to respond to this, I invite you to take our dual to PM, since I'm out of analogies to tie our little fun to the topic itself.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I advise everybody to look at this guys post history before taking him seriously. He first claimed to be Portugese, living in Lisbon, then he switched to being North Korean when a thread about North Korea appeared.
    Were you actually taking him seriously? I kind of had him down as ignore-bait once he claimed he renounced his citizenship in another country to serve his north korean masters better...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    we are ranked 12th overall even with Alaska having poor internet
    My friend, you are too optimistic...
    12th place would be an improvement. Try rank 35th....

Household Download Index

Based on millions of recent test results from Speedtest.net, this index compares and ranks consumer download speeds around the globe. The value is the rolling mean throughput in Mbps over the past 30 days where the mean distance between the client and the server is less than 300 miles.

http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/

So, this is as close as the practical real data it gets.. It's what the turn out is on a daily basis. Not idealized.

And there's a heap of information to be found, if someone just looks for it.
    http://www.techspot.com/news/45566-u...umber-one.html
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/9/323...internet-speed
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1855054.html

So, for an American who doesn't know that yet. You need to get out of your bubble .
    Learn that whenever you hear someone (usually politicians) says, USA #1 country, they lie to you. There's only 2 rankings where the USA holds that spot.
    1. Economy. It's the largest in the World (doesn't mean the most successful tho)
    2. Military Spending.
    Anything else... Other countries outperform the USA more and more..
    Internet is part of the infrastructure, and that goes to shits since decades. Land pockets where local community improves the infrastructure aren't unfortunately the measure for the entire country. Some 40 miles from me, they've installed fiber optic wiring for an entire county. Nice results. 100Mbps internet, for 5 bucks a month.
    Well, here where I am it's more back to normal. 6Mbps max.

As for NK.... hell I dunno what their deal is. I was really surprised by those news. Especially since they recently "changed" all of a sudden with rather pleasant tidbits of news, which pointed towards an opening and reasoning. And now that. I have no clue what to make of that.

Come on Rich look at his name

Bernard is a very popular name in north korea how can he not be legit

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way hes NK. They are not allowed any internet access. I think the dear leader might have FiOS. But he keeps it all to himself so he can download movies @ 115 mb down rate.

They attack the U.S, this results in the U.S military, Canadian Military, European Military, as well as possibly several other large countries to get involved and storm North Korea.

Forget Iraq, they only went there to get oil, imagine if you will the consequences of targeting U.S soil. Forget China for a moment, North Korea would be wiped off the map before they could even counterattack the U.S's Counterattack.

That being said if that does come to light, i wouldnt deny the possibility of a WW3, I hope it never happens though

Deleted
    Were you actually taking him seriously? I kind of had him down as ignore-bait once he claimed he renounced his citizenship in another country to serve his north korean masters better...
    I had him pegged for what he was since his first post here, I just wanted others to see it too.

10+ Year Old Account

Seems sort of trollish considering the threads he's posted in. He was somewhat active early 2012 and now he's back. Amusing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yah, most of us got that without having to check his post history.

Total trolling, but I'm more likely to get an infraction for typing than he is for actually trolling the thread.