Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    It's none of your damned business what they do with their revenue.

You don't like it, work somewhere else.
    This is the EXACT reason you need government over sight or unions in America because large corporations do not give a shit about their employees. If companies treated their employees better government/union intervention to regulate and fight for fair treatment/wages would not exist.

When did working at Wal-Mart or Home Depot become a career?

FFS, get a damned education and leave these jobs for the people they are designed for, high school kids and retirees.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Walmart USED to pay better. Not anymore. It is $7.25 for minimum wage here, working overnight shift with the extra 50 cents per hour it gives and most of us still only make $7.95 an hour. The average person starts off at $7.25 to $7.45 per hour now.
    Well, the wal-mart in my area that I used to work for opened -after- the Target, and I do know these big box stores are shifty and will raise wages to be more appealing and snipe the hard workers from the other stores and deal them a blow. So I am sure if we all posted the wages for the Wal-marts and Targets in our Areas we would see a large variation.

...but this just goes to further the point that they are all equally shitty and favoring one over the other is dumb.

That was just my experience, I -liked- my Job at wal-mart better... but really thats probably just because I had nicer managers and I just felt like my work was appreciated (and rewarded) more. But thats really going to vary store-to-store with both companies and making sweeping generalizations about either would incorrect i suppose.

In all truth what made working in retail shitty wasn't the Job itself, or the pay, the managers or the company. It was the customers: belligerent, hateful, stupid stupid stupid inconsiderate people with no common sense or human decency.

and before anyone says "hurr durr don't work at a redneck store then" you are so mistaken, the worst wasn't the stupid slob rednecks I had to clean up after... it was the condescending bitchy self entitled yuppies that looked down on me for working in retail. Like I would never amount to anything.

Well guess what? I was paying my way through college, and lets just say the shoe is now on the other foot.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-01-25 at 09:47 PM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

FFS, get a damned education and leave these jobs for the people they are designed for, high school kids and retirees.
    You cant be this dumb can you? Everyone becomes educated and builds a "career." So who works at McDonalds? Who picks up your garbage? In order for the system to survive as is we need those people doing shit jobs. But just because theyre uneducated by your standards(Im sure wal-mart employs a few minimum wage, university and college graduates) they deserve unfair treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    This is the EXACT reason you need government over sight or unions in America because large corporations do not give a shit about their employees. If companies treated their employees better government/union intervention to regulate and fight for fair treatment/wages would not exist.
    Haha, the awesome unions hire non-union temps and pay them minimum wage to picket Wal-Mart. They get treated worse than the people actually working inside the store.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant be this dumb can you? Everyone becomes educated and builds a "career." so who works at McDonalds? Who picks up your garbage?
    Obviously the illegal immigrants who should go home and stop stealing our jobs, right?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

High school graduate with 2 years of college for computer programming, clean driving record, no criminal record, do not drink, smoke or do any drugs and going back to school later this year for another major to get a better job elsewhere. Still doesn't change the context of this thread as this should not have happened to begin with.

Also, will probably have the tax payers pay for my college if I can since my job doesn't pay me enough to go....

10+ Year Old Account

Getting an education does NOT guarantee you a decent job right away. A friend of mine double majored in Math and Meteorology at OU, took him a year and a half to actually get a job. Some of his friends took 2-3 years. Education doesnt guarantee you squat except giving you a larger pool of jobs to choose from, WHEN they appear.

You cant be this dumb can you? Everyone becomes educated and builds a "career." so who works at McDonalds? Who picks up your garbage?
    High school kids and morons that are too stupid to do anything else.

Wow, and I get accused of lack of empathy. At least they are working.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Obviously the illegal immigrants who should go home and stop stealing our jobs, right?
    He's (not Eugenik) from Arizona judging by the name so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually believe that.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Youre hired!

Infracted: Please do not insult others
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-25 at 09:55 PM.

They aren't my parents, they are my employer and in return for providing them with labor they are supposed to allow me to provide myself a life.
    They provide you money for your services, what you do with that money is up to you. Buy a pizza, soda or health care, its your dollar.

You also have to factor in what your doing for the poor people in the US who cant support themselves or have health care, your a great citizen and the joy of helping others should exceed your greed for money. Walmart makes too much money, you make too much money. Both are being taxed more since they dont need that much.

Its what the people voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Wow, and I get accused of lack of empathy. At least they are working.
    this guy gives you a run for your money!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, you could actually be empatheitic and realise we still have a shitty job market if you dont have a skill that is needed ASAP. So the unemployed or underemployed will be taking these jobs too.

Trust me, if they were my parents I would emancipate myself.

They aren't my parents, they are my employer and in return for providing them with labor they are supposed to allow me to provide myself a life. Instead, they use taxpayer money to subsidize their wages through the use of EBT, Medicare, Medicaid, and low income housing. Soon they will be exploiting our military even more to get taxpayers to subsidize their workforce.

Obamacare is why they did this particular change, the but root of the problem are companies refusing to do their jobs and allow their employees to provide for themselves.

One thing you are right about, they should not have passed Obamacare in it's current form. They SHOULD have had healthcare paid directly through taxes and taken insurance out of the equation. That would have FORCED the companies to deal with it with no way of avoiding it and ,if you use ANY other first world country as an example, would have cut our healthcare costs in more than half in the long run with vastly improved quality of service.
    I have to be misunderstanding this, you're blaming Walmart for EBT, medicare, etc?

I like how everyone blames the evil corporation, but dont worry, the government will save you. While companies are not blameless, over regulation and oppressive taxes have alot to do with all this

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    They provide you money for your services, what you do with that money is up to you. Buy a pizza, soda or health care, its your dollar.

You also have to factor in what your doing for the poor people in the US who cant support themselves or have health care, your a great citizen and the joy of helping others should exceed your greed for money. Walmart makes too much money, you make too much money. Both are being taxed more since they dont need that much.

Its what the people voted for.
    Businesses provide you with money? Provide?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    It's just the scapegoat for this year...it's not like companies like WalMart haven't been trying to fuck over their staff for years.
    The change in hiring practices isn't unique to Walmart. Walmart is just first to be pointed out because it has such a history of hate.

You mean like my coworker who has a degree in computer programming.

Or a girl I knew a few years back who worked at a convenience store with a degree in CGI animation.

Or maybe my cousin who worked for 13 years and was laid off as a supervisor for Arvin Meritor over a dispute over how to treat employees since they were trying to bring down the hammer too hard on them and now the only job offers he gets is for doing the same work as before for less than he is making on unemployment.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    He's (not Eugenik) from Arizona judging by the name so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually believe that.
    Same lol. Arizona Senate Bill 1070 right?