Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't mind dailies. I've just hit 90 and I have no idea where to start, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    I don't mind dailies. I've just hit 90 and I have no idea where to start, though.
    I'd start with Dominance/Shieldwall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya, this xpac is like doing chores, not alt friendly either, which is why I cancelled my sub and wont renew until Blizz decides to do away with all this non sense.

You probably should have read these forums before resubbing. GW2 has become very fun over the last 2 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Could you please tell me where in raiding, dungeons and LFR can I get the crafting patterns that are available via dailies?

Many people play for crafting/the economy etc. The entire game isn't raiding.
    Then they can choose to sell those or to sell other things. The first choice requires that they do reps.

That said I agree it's optional, but it's a game, everything is optional. That doesn't mean you aren't excessively limited in what you can do if you don't do dailies/don't want to quest/can't log in frequently i.e. a basically daily basis/or have disjointed blocks of playtime etc.
    That's true of anything in WoW
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-27 at 09:07 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    So tired of this freaking topic.

Anyone with half a brain knows that whether valor/justice items were linked to rep or not they would all grind rep anyways because they sell epics, and mounts, and recipes, and cool little doodads. The fact that you can't dungeon grind them this time around really isn't that big of a deal. Lets be brutally honest here. How many people really want to dungeon grind with the number of complete retards out there tanking and healing? Cmon, be honest with yourselves for once instead of pissing and moaning like a bunch of babies. How many DPS wanna sit in Qs for 15-45 minutes to get their rep? How many people wanna put up with elitist assholes non stop while dungeon grinding?

Simple fact is that you get more rep/H doing dailies than grinding heroics would give you. The only advantage to them being tied to heroics would be that you can feasibly admit to having no life at all and sit their dungeon grinding and get exalted in 1-2 days.

Plus, most of the assholes bitching about this are the same assholes that were crying about "There is no reason to leave the major cities. I want to be forced out into the world. I don't wanna play world of Quecraft anymore." Guess what assholes. Blizzard heard you. But now that they fixed it you will piss and whine about it won't you? Yep, sure will. Freaking pathetic.
    being a tank and healer, I didnt mind doing the lfr and lfd, not an elitist either, although you sound like one, and I did go outside of Org.

Not all people "bitched" about the way things were, alot bitched about others bitching though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind. I'm going to get them to exalted, "forced" or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolverick View Post
    I went did my raid got some valor then finally payed a visit to the valor vendor, only to realize that I couldn't buy any gear unless I got my rep up by doing dailies. I don't like dailies, never have probably never will, I liked the old system where I had a choice I could either do Dailes for gear or grind out the points and hope for drops.
    Ehm, this is what happens now as well. Valor gear is only gear that will help you start raiding. Eventually those pieces will be replaced when you start normal modes.

Actually Blizzard gave you the option of gearing up without grinding via LFR. Do you remember early Cata (if you were playing back then)? It was dungeon, dungeon, dungeon, dungeon. Now Blizz gives you the chance to gear up with dungeons/LFR/Dailies.

As for Tillers, you don't even to do dailies every day. Just do some quests, do some dailies (when you can) and use your farm. Farming gives you a bit of rep and honestly, Tillers dailies take 10 mins, 15 max. If you dont like dailies, do NOT touch Golden Lotus (i.e and Shado-Pan) and Klaxxi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I'd start with Dominance/Shieldwall.
    Thanks. I wanted to do that one for the storyline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Ya, this xpac is like doing chores, not alt friendly either, which is why I cancelled my sub and wont renew until Blizz decides to do away with all this non sense.
    Calling non sense something that you and a part of the population of WoW dislike is why Blizz can't get your opinion seriously. They went from Cataclysm that was 100% of "I have nothing else to do with my main but from raiding, so I'm going to deal with my alts." to an expansion that gives you a decent amount of stuff to deal with. Raiding, Dailies, Reputation, Achievements, Pet Battles and so on. Haters gonna hate I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't rep grinding in MoP what is was like in TBC?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Isn't rep grinding in MoP what is was like in TBC?
    No. You had to grind rep (revered, later changed to honored) to gain access to heroic dungeons in TBC. Most of the time, this meant doing the normal version repeatedly.

Deleted
    It works perfectly for me, never been a big fan of random hc fests, so it was really nice to be able to get myself ready to go raiding without having to crawl hcs, just do some dailies, craft some stuff etc

No. You had to grind rep (revered, later changed to honored) to gain access to heroic dungeons in TBC. Most of the time, this meant doing the normal version repeatedly.
    You should add the fact that you would not jump into heroics after dinging max level and faceroll through it back then.
    It was more of a solid progression curve where grinding rep was a logical step in between many others.

Nowadays you ding max level, jump into heroics and top tier raids and on top of that you have to grind rep (if you care anything about improving your character and don't want to be boosted).

i have 2 alts, one at 482 equipped and the other at 476.

neither of them have any rep other then tillers(i dont do the dailes i just pick plants and get rep that way).

it is not impossible to gear without reputations, and right now buying any 5.0 valor gear is a waste of valor.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    90 charms (45 dailies) are only worth 85.5g (3x 28.5g), really not worth wasting the time for. There are much better ways to earn gold.

You keep using that word (Forced), but I don't think you understand exactly what it means ...

Deleted
    People who defend the dailies system should be limited to one post per day on forums. Fair?

What an incredibly ignorant thread.

To corroborate many other posts, I guess you all didn't play TBC or just have hit your heads really hard since then. It was so incredibly hard to get gear in TBC. There were just a few items that were major investments. People would use PvP gear in early raids because they couldn't get anything better. In Wrath, more badge gear was added as ways to fill in the cracks. (I didn't play Cata, so I don't know about then.) In MoP, you can practically get as good as anything you can get in MSV. That is pretty damn generous if you ask me. All you have to do is do some easy activities and you get the same rewards as a dedicated raiding group. Imagine that. And to top it off we'll give you these things that let you roll on raid items more than once! Yet all I here is about what a chore it is to get this free gear.

It would be hilarious if they took out all rewards above 463. There would be chunks of guilds who would never make any progress without outgearing the place.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

15+ Year Old Account
    I camped out Scritch for the Peace Pipe 16 hrs a day so I could get my rep up faster. I never felt forced to do it. I just really, really wanted to have those profession recipes 1-2 days before anyone else.

After I did that, some days I'd spend 10 hrs fishing for Nat Pagle rep. I wasn't forced to do that either. I just wanted the maximum fastness.

The VP gear locked behind rep isn't forced. That gear isn't necessary to raid. It's just that people want to gear up faster. There should be a price for that expediency.
    "You never felt forced to do it." Yet you still spend a huge amount of time waiting for one mob to get the rep abit faster. If you didn´t feel forced you wouldn´t even have spend time getting that pipe.

One of the main issues with the daylies in mop isn´t just that they are boring (relatively speaking ofc.), or that you don´t really need to do them - meaning there is less reason to play. But that it feels like pillow fluff - its content, but its not exiting content. New instances would also get old at some point, but you would play with different players to do it and you might or might not get an item you wanted. Once exalted with a rep there isn´t a whole lot of reason to keep doing the daylies, so a whole lot of content lost there (and with the small amount of vp you get from them personally its not enough incentive to do them).
    Last edited by Mandible; 2013-01-27 at 11:25 AM.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Then they can choose to sell those or to sell other things. The first choice requires that they do reps.
    I could actually hear the whooshing sound as my comment went over your head.

My point was that it's false and misleading to say "everything" from reps is available elsewhere. It is not, and no amount of repeating that catchy phrase will make it true.