Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Run heroics -> raid normals, that's all there is to it.
    This, and only this

Deleted
    Not sure what rep is forced. I mean, to achieve everything, you're pretty much forced to play the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Run heroics -> raid normals, that's all there is to it.
    This, you don't need valor gear. Most of the valor gear is exactly the same as the raid drops. An example is the Agility/Haste Trinket, which is identical in Shado-Pan vendor and Mogu'shan trash drop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

So by that logic, Method and Paragon "feel forced" because they want to be the World first? By your logic, EVERYTHING can be twisted into "I feel forced"

Normal raids can be done in ilv 463. It has been proven. It is a fact. The game is designed around it. Yet if your guild lacks the skill, if you lack the personal skill, if you cannot be arsed to read tactics - then you come here and scream" I am forced to rep grind, to run LFraid, to buy BoEs" (Disclaimer: Not YOU who I quoted,but YOU as the general whiner)

Man..when will we see threads like "It is unfair, I want to see the endbosses, but I am FORCED to buy WOW" /headdesk
    If you want to do something a specific way and its the only way to do it - then yes, by definition you would be forced to do it that way. You are not forced to do daylies to get vp, since it can be gained from instances. You are however forced to do daylies if you want the mount, the rep (in which case its more or less a chore) or any items involved with said rep. Now you can add the argument that you don´t "need" the items to play or specificly to do raids (or lfr for that matter) since it can technically be done with less gear - if good enough - and there are other things to do. Also as said if you "removed" the daylies from things to do there would be a whole lot less to do.

Personally I would like them to do more different kinds of raids instead of 3 of the same type but "harder/easier". Gives people more reason to play, and get better.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

There is a big difference between chosing to do something and beeing forced to do it.

None gets forced to do anything in a computer game.

Quote Originally Posted by arkadeus View Post
    I think its total bullsh*t how we have to farm rep to get gear.... Im not saying make it easy to get items but this way is the worst thing blizz has ever done tbh.
    At this point, aside from MAYBE the 5.1 faction, you sure as hell do not. You'd be getting equal gear if you raid normals, from normals. If it is due to "BiS min/max optimization" - You pay the price for wanting to play that way. That is always the way it is (If you raid heroics, VP gear is moot frankly, cause it's lower than the Heroic stuff period).

Wanna know how I got my freshly 90 Warlock into LFR? Crafting and a couple reputation QUEST REWARDS. No actual VP was spent for anything. 460 was done. Got 470 in 3 weeks of LFR MSV (and this is before the 5.2 boost to drop rates and such). Your mileage will vary, but you do not NEED to run even a Heroic to get into a form of raiding. Yes, no heroics, no scenarios, and BAM, I was 460.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    I'm fine with rep grinding stuff. But I think it takes a little too long for my liking, I would like it if it could be sped up a little, I know they have added those items in for alts that will increase rep gain, thats a nice start, but I have 9 characters and I'm probably going to feel like killing myself by the time I come to do them for the 9th time :P

As for them being "forced", well... eh, they aren't really forced but obviously there's enough incentive to do them that people feel like they would be missing out by not doing them. I'm not quite sure what should be done, but for the moment I'll just say that questing isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but I would prefer not to do quite as much of it.

Minus. Blizzard is fucking retards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolverick View Post
    Hey everyone, so recently I just got back into wow and I started by leveling up two toons at once and eventually chose to continue with my priest over my warrior, anyways as expected from playing cata I planned to jump right into raiding and quickly realized this was not as simple as I expected , anyways I started doing a couple dialies and what not then eventually just got my profession gear and had enough il to get into LfR. I went did my raid got some valor then finally payed a visit to the valor vendor, only to realize that I couldn't buy any gear unless I got my rep up by doing dailies. I don't like dailies, never have probably never will, I liked the old system where I had a choice I could either do Dailes for gear or grind out the points and hope for drops. And now looking at something just posted seeing that you need to be exalted with the tillers to use the new rep feature is making me a little unhappy. Anyways the point is I don't like this new system and so far I haven't found a real way around it. What are the opinions of others, also suggestions on getting geared without rep? Sorry about punctuation being absent, posting from my phone.
    -cheers
    one more ppl complaining about dailies... no one cared a tiny rats ass when i had to run specific dungeons in tbc for rep, no one cared that i had to run pointless hc dungeons in cata wearing a tabard after i had all the possible loot and didnt need valors, just suck it up already ppl ...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first time I saw forced rep grinding in WOW was for Naxx 40 where you had to be attuned with the Argent Dawn to get in the raid. Why complain about it after all these years?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    one more ppl complaining about dailies... no one cared a tiny rats ass when i had to run specific dungeons in tbc for rep, no one cared that i had to run pointless hc dungeons in cata wearing a tabard after i had all the possible loot and didnt need valors, just suck it up already ppl ...
    So in essence, we might not like something, but we should tolerate it because thats how its always been?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    So in essence, we might not like something, but we should tolerate it because thats how its always been?
    pretty much yes, hey if u dont like the game no one is forcing u to play it theres a million other games/activities out there :P
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-01-27 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    Kind of late but yeah. This game is becoming a very chores logging in.

Also blizz noticed theres a problem with alts gearing up this expac as well.... just because of how slow and painful the grind can be in general.
    Blizzard was caught in a classic catch-22. In Cata, many players complained because after a very short time, there was nothing to do with your mains. Mains ended up rarely being played each week. In MoP, they decided that there needed to be more activities for mains, and a longer process to ´finish´your main. This in turn, made it much harder for people who in Cata and Wotlk basically had 3 or more ´mains´.

To the OP. If you are really raiding, then you do not need to worry about reps at all. Get your heroic dungeon blues, maybe a few pieces of LFR gear or buy some boe epics and start raiding. Normal mode raids were balanced around you only have heroic dungeon gear. People were clearing them before LFR was even available and before anyone had enough time to earn the 1k VP per week to buy rep gear. The fallacy you are making is thinking that you need to go through the entire rep gear process BEFORE you start raiding. It is not like that in MoP... in MoP, the rep gear system is for people who don´t do normal mode raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    What an incredibly ignorant thread.

To corroborate many other posts, I guess you all didn't play TBC or just have hit your heads really hard since then. It was so incredibly hard to get gear in TBC. There were just a few items that were major investments. People would use PvP gear in early raids because they couldn't get anything better. In Wrath, more badge gear was added as ways to fill in the cracks. (I didn't play Cata, so I don't know about then.) In MoP, you can practically get as good as anything you can get in MSV. That is pretty damn generous if you ask me. All you have to do is do some easy activities and you get the same rewards as a dedicated raiding group. Imagine that. And to top it off we'll give you these things that let you roll on raid items more than once! Yet all I here is about what a chore it is to get this free gear.

It would be hilarious if they took out all rewards above 463. There would be chunks of guilds who would never make any progress without outgearing the place.
    People get geared with little to no effort these days. TBC was crazy tough and awesome.

Not just faceroll heroics and raids, but also crafting. It took lot more to get one piece of primal mooncloth gear than to get all of level 90 tailoring gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    You're not being forced to log in anymore than you're being forced to sub.
    Great answer right there people!

I unsubbed over a year ago (only came on Feb last year to try Cata for one month), and I'm not logging in, doing chores or anything.
    So this answer is accurate: I am not forced, and so my money stays in my pocket, and I'm not doing chores. While unsubbed, I did daily chores for university, and now I'm a PhD.

Whether it's the answer that Blizz would like most, is a different story.

"I don't like doing dailies." - "How about you stop logging in and unsub?"

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    You're not really forced to do them...I'm a heroic progression raider and I never bothered to grind up most of my reps (did tillers and cloud serpents and Klaxxi, but only because I felt like doing the dailies). Only valor piece I bought was a back from Shado-Pan (which took like 1 or 2 days to get enough rep for).
    This really is the consensus. People who actually raid, don´t need to do reps. If you say for profession recipes, you are wrong. Almost everything made by professions from the reps sells for about the same price as the mats. Just sell your mats and buy the enchants.

The people who are complaining about rep grinds are people who don´t actually raid, but want raid level epics.... ok, so you have an option... do reps. Those people just cry and try to cloud the issue by saying they are required for raiding.. they are not. Even worse, it is people who want epics on 5 characters and don´t want to raid or do anything with those characters.

Deleted
    There's nothing being forced.
    With the new commendations you're revered/honored with most of factions once you ding 90 anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I like it. Reminds me of the old days, when things where hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Its a compulsive thing the community has lately, they think they deserve everything without putting any kind of effort. If you dont feel like it or dont like it, dont do it. I agree with you. Sadly, not many in this community actually has much of a racional sense anymore or are intrested in the actual feel of an mmorpg, not a lobby game like cataclysm was.

Im also seeing ppl asking for Charms on heroics. What? Do people who ask for this sort of thing actually enjoy the aspect of an rpg? going around the world to fulfill tasks for something you want? Asking for that is asking for the cataclysm to come back, which is an abomination.
    It isn´t even that they feel they deserve everything available without doing anything.. Now they are crying because they can´t have everything on all 10 characters. ´OMG, my rogue alt who has 4 hours played at lvl 90 doesn´t have any epics yet!!! Blizzard sucks´

Some people don't mind dailies, some do, some people enjoy rep grinding, some don't. That's all fine. The mistake that was made was tying the VP-purchasables to rep. Or rather, locking them away behind rep grinds.

Give reputation vendors mounts, pets, transmog gear, tabards, profession recepies etc, but keep the raiding gear out of it. People will still strive for those things, as they always have, but it won't force it on people who would prefer to focus on other aspects of the game first.

To clarify, the situation now that we are later in the expansion is a bit different, you aren't as "forced" to go through the reputation grinds to gear up anymore, but many of us were at launch, we had to do all the dailies to avoid feeling like we were letting down 24 or 9 of our friends once we got to the raid. It's still that way to a lesser degree now.

I've yet to see a good argument as to why VP-rewards and reputation grinds are linked, and it's not good game design to put something in the game just for the sake of it, it should serve a purpose.