Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    3 years cast time, unaffected by haste!
    not 3 years, but 3 full episodes of 30 minutes (counting the add breaks) lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    not 3 years, but 3 full episodes of 30 minutes (counting the add breaks) lol
    I advise people to watch the reanimated version of DBZ with 100 episodes less footage.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about....Celestial Dancer? Yeah that was the best thing I could come up with.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Balance Breaker

Leather Int Caster (All specs would be like druid gearing at this point)

Your Crackling Jade Lightning is now Jade Lightning Blast. 2 second cast time % mana cost. Deals # damage. Generates 1 chi.

Chi Blast. Instant cast time. 1 Chi. Blast the target with chi dealing damage.

Chi Swirl. Instant cast time. 2 chi. A swirl of chi surrounds the enemy dealing # damage every 2 seconds. Upon expiring generates 1 chi.

Balance Breaker. Costs % Mana. Consumes all chi generating # damage for every chi used to your target and nearby enemy targets. Up to 4 chi.

Jade Lightning Storm. Creates a storm of Jade Lightning at targeted area. Deals damage every 2 seconds. For every 3 enemies damaged generates 1 chi.

Way of Chi'ji. Every Time you jab you gain chi residue. Upon reaching 5 chi residue you gain 1 chi and your next Jade Lightning Blast is instant.
    Your Tiger Palm is now Crane Shot and has a 40 yard range. 10 second cooldown. Applies a DoT to the target dealing # damage every 3 seconds. Upon reaching 5 stacks you regain 15% mana. 5 Stack dot only lasts 9 seconds.
    Your Black Out kick now increases your damage dealt to the target by 10%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Statue of Chi'Ji
    The Statue of Chi'Ji is only castable with an enemy targeted. It will direct all the damage taken to the enemy it was casted on. The monk will gain 10% damage from melee hitting the statue.

This way you can still melee if needed, just a thought. It could also bring utility to the class as melee could attack it as well:O.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Statue of Chi'Ji
    The Statue of Chi'Ji is only castable with an enemy targeted. It will direct all the damage taken to the enemy it was casted on. The monk will gain 10% damage from melee hitting the statue.

This way you can still melee if needed, just a thought. It could also bring utility to the class as melee could attack it as well:O.
    i LOVE this idea however i feel if you made it the Statue of Xuen with a 2min CD? and gave it to windwalkers it'd be much more useful, windwalker is short on raid utility as is

If it follows the same pattern, which it wouldn't have to but for arguements sake I'll say it does, it'll be one syllable noun followed by two syllable adjective.

Mist Weaver
    Wind Walker
    Brew Master

So let's see here....

I ilke Dancer as the second part, but what would go with it? Chi Dancer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    If it follows the same pattern, which it wouldn't have to but for arguements sake I'll say it does, it'll be one syllable noun followed by two syllable adjective.

Mist Weaver
    Wind Walker
    Brew Master

So let's see here....

I ilke Dancer as the second part, but what would go with it? Chi Dancer?
    Chi Dancer isn't bad. I mean, the spec is based on Chi, sort of like how the Brewmaster spec is based on brews. So I guess it could work.

I still like Breaker though. But I understand that that may be a bit too "tough" for the Red Crane celestial.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 03:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Statue of Chi'Ji

That's a very cool idea.

Spiritdancer
    Zendancer
    Spirit Sage
    Zen Sage

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit Caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinitum View Post
    Spiritdancer
    Zendancer
    Spirit Sage
    Zen Sage
    Zendancer sounds pretty badass but wouldn't you agree that there's something odd about that combination when one considers the meaning of both terms :P

Deleted
    Since Chi (Also known as Ch'i or Qi) is defined as life energy in Chinese Mythology...

Life Dancer?

I really like Dancer as a suffix, anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc56a2a40693; 2013-01-30 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Typo

Deleted
    Fragrant Crane
    Flying Crane

I feel that a monk ranged spec should use bows and agi leather, the reason for this twofold: currently only one class uses bows so it would be good to open them up to another class, this then necessitates the use of agi leather. The other reason has been stated earlier in the thread; the feathers of chi-ji are prized for use as fletching and it seems to me that only his own devotees would be allowed to use them for this.

I agree that it would be good to get more int leather users but I feel the lack of at least one other class using ranged weapons is a bigger issue than the imbalance of int leather vs agi leather.

Of course, just using a bow does not give a huge martial arts vibe so I suggest it only be used for auto attack and a ranged version of jab. this spec would get a passive bonus called 'wings of chi-ji' - 'causes physical attacks to displace air great distances allowing you to damage enemies from afar'. Of course there will also be chi based attacks but they won't be the focus of the spec.

This being said, I feel a name heavily based around the use of chi would not capture the essence of the spec. It also should not directly reference chi-ji since the other specs don't directly reference their individual celestials in their spec name. It is annoying that windwalker is already taken as I feel it would have been perfect for this spec. In lieu of windwalker, I suggest Gust Dancer
    Last edited by SHARDA; 2013-02-10 at 08:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARDA View Post
    I feel that a monk ranged spec should use bows and agi leather, the reason for this twofold: currently only one class uses bows so it would be good to open them up to another class, this then necessitates the use of agi leather. The other reason has been stated earlier in the thread; the feathers of chi-ji are prized for use as fletching and it seems to me that only his own devotees would be allowed to use them for this.

I agree that it would be good to get more int leather users but I feel the lack of at least one other class using ranged weapons is a bigger issue than the imbalance of int leather vs agi leather.

Of course, just using a bow does not give a huge martial arts vibe so I suggest it only be used for auto attack and a ranged version of jab. this spec would get a passive bonus called 'wings of chi-ji' - 'causes physical attacks to displace air great distances allowing you to damage enemies from afar'. Of course there will also be chi based attacks but they won't be the focus of the spec.

This being said, I feel a name heavily based around the use of chi would not capture the essence of the spec. It also should not directly reference chi-ji since the other specs don't directly reference their individual celestials in their spec name. It is annoying that windwalker is already taken as I feel it would have been perfect for this spec. In lieu of windwalker, I suggest Gust Dancer
    My the class can convert the agi to int for the weapon and the rest of the armor would use int+. Also it would be kinda cool if it had a little fire based, maybe with fireworks?

They could do a stat conversion, however in the past Blizz has considered primary stat conversion as a solution to int plate and rejected it so I suspect they wouldn't be amenable to doing it for bows. One could argue that for pallys it would have been a whole set of armour with stat conversions instead of just a weapon so there is still a chance they would do it.

I like the idea of having some fireworks attacks, fitting for the asian theme.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARDA View Post
    They could do a stat conversion, however in the past Blizz has considered primary stat conversion as a solution to int plate and rejected it so I suspect they wouldn't be amenable to doing it for bows. One could argue that for pallys it would have been a whole set of armour with stat conversions instead of just a weapon so there is still a chance they would do it.

I like the idea of having some fireworks attacks, fitting for the asian theme.
    Eh blizzard turns spirit into hit so making agi to int is not that crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main thing I have against using crossbows or bows is that I've never seen a case where only one spec can use a certain type of weapon and the rest of the class could not. In other words, if the Red Crane spec can do physical ranged, all of the Monk specs would also have to be able to do physical range, or it wouldn't make sense. Then comes the other issue of Monks being a melee class. Having ranged-Chi abilities doesn't really change the ability of the class from doing melee, because as any Mage will tell you, once you cast your spell, the enemy is heading your way. Also Mistweaver is a nice template of melee/ranged fighting, and I'd really like to see something similar for this spec. I always believed that Red Crane Monks should be the more offensive cousins of Jade Serpent Monks.

Also as you guys mentioned, there's no INT bows/crossbows out there. I'm also really against a Monk using a gun.

As for the name, I'm really leaning towards Clouddancer or Cloudbreaker/buster/burster.

I think as a name...Red Sage
    Chi-ji the RED Crane
    Sage sounds like something a top devotee would be called
    as well as sages being much into Zen/Balance/Chi

Also it would make for a bad ass title

Zhao Zen the Red Sage
    (Of Chi-jis' Cradle)

Deleted
    Mages

10chars