Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I am a left and used the standard movement keys, as well as 1-6, plus a few keybinds, not sure how other left handed people use the other side of the keyboard. I was also a damn good healer when I raided hardcore in Vanilla/BC.

I started with using keybinds right off the bat and moving with the mouse. I move with keys sometimes when lazy. at first I was a nub and played with 5-6 keybinds I stopped a year came back in bc and used 18 keybinds 1 to 6 + shift and control 1 to 6.

nowadays I have about 30 keybinds or so and still wishes I'd have more for some toons so I began increasing my keybinds again and sitting around 34 for now. I still click buffs, some useable, I try to macro trinkets and cooldowns or sometimes abilities.

exemple on my rogue shift + 3 is stealth, but if I'm stealthed its shadow walk (increase stealth level)
    shift + 1 vanish when stealthed its aoe stealth etc..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm just curious which of the toons in your sig is your main ? None of them seem to have much raid experience. So I'm curious if a raider was 8/8 heroic Dragon Soul back in your day and was a clicke\Keyboard turner, that would be 5 more bosses than you're best has. Doesn't that mean they are better than you ? I was expecting to see you has a 16/16 heroic claiming that it pains you to see people who claim to be good and keyboard turn. So I'm just cuirous about the type of people you play with.

And how big of buttons do you imagine they have ? Like the phones with the 1" number buttons designed for the elderly ? Do you imagine they have Braile on those buttons too ? I have to say that mental image does make me giggle

That's the biggest Bartender would let me make them. Is that what you imagine ? Not sure how to add braille overlays

I'm not a big raider at all. DS was the only raid I did in Cata. I've always played with friends and my friends have always joined very noobish guilds and I'll join just to have something to do. And of course I absolutely destroy meters no matter what I do. My warrior's considered my main though. But my main focus is usually pvp. I know everything there is to know about this game and I consider myself a good player in general. But I never brag about it and I always try and help people. I'm not wrong when I say clicking is the worst thing you could do in this game. I guarantee any high level player will say the same thing. You won't find a single person in any high end guild that clicks.

You need to understand that once you have everything set up and you're used to all your binds, there's nothing holding you back and all you have to do is gear up and get used to encounters to progress...you'll always be doing max or near max dps and healing. I hate it when people think it's their gear or rotation or addons or w/e holding them back when it's actually the fact that they click. But they won't accept that as a problem, lol. Playing this game is as natural to me as breathing at this point. Watch any high level player's stream and you'll realize it's the same for them too. Fingers just move across the keyboard without even thinking, just like typing.

Oh and as far as people's armory, it makes no difference at all. Having heroic bosses down early means you're probably decent enough to pull your own weight but it doesn't mean you're amazing. If I was in any pvp guild or hardcore raid guild, I'd be as high up on meters as my class, gear and encounter experience let me be because I'm not held back by anything else. Not to say I don't make mistakes once in a while, everyone makes mistakes.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2013-01-30 at 12:02 AM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I've been playing WoW for 6 years, on a laptop, with the arrow keys. My left hand has the crappiest dexterity you can ask for. I use the number keys just fine for my rotation, and as of late my bored little pinkie finger has been getting a workout 'cause I've been practicing using Q to strafe left. I rarely strafe *ohtheblasphemy* but I don't PvP and most of the raids I do are the classic ones that are easily five manned or soloed. I will be the first to admit that I am NOT the best player in the world, especially when it comes to PvPing, but I play the game to have fun, not to please other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    I've been playing WoW for 6 years, on a laptop, with the arrow keys. My left hand has the crappiest dexterity you can ask for. I use the number keys just fine for my rotation, and as of late my bored little pinkie finger has been getting a workout 'cause I've been practicing using Q to strafe left. I rarely strafe *ohtheblasphemy* but I don't PvP and most of the raids I do are the classic ones that are easily five manned or soloed. I will be the first to admit that I am NOT the best player in the world, especially when it comes to PvPing, but I play the game to have fun, not to please other people.
    Re-bind Turn Left and Turn Right to Strafe Left and Strafe Right and see how that works for you. If you need to turn, hold down your right mouse button and move it in the direction you want to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Re-bind Turn Left and Turn Right to Strafe Left and Strafe Right and see how that works for you. If you need to turn, hold down your right mouse button and move it in the direction you want to look.
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot, but after six years I might just get mad at it. Good thing I still have the habit of hitting 'command' while clicking my mouse for right click, since Macs don't have right and left click trackpads.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Arrow key healing isn't so bad, PvPing is mind blowing
    Ya you can get away with just strafing for movement if you heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot, but after six years I might just get mad at it. Good thing I still have the habit of hitting 'command' while clicking my mouse for right click, since Macs don't have right and left click trackpads.
    Ooh a Mac. Yeah that'll probably just create another problem instead of "solving" the other.