[Clueless] Sudden issues with WoW

Hi, hoping this is in the right section, I wasn't sure where to put it.

I have suddenly (the last few months) started having issues with my map/action bar/inventory, when I log into the game for the first time or a new zone, if i open my map it stutters, its doesn't load all at once but in parts, same goes for my inventory and icons/mailbox, they just seem to take a while to load.

The worst place it does this is if I have logged onto a character that is in Pandaria, specifically Pandaria main hub in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

I also have noticed than now and again if I take a flight path that flies through Kun Lai, that upon zoning in, the landscape can take time to load and sometimes have white blank patches over the landscape. This only seems to happen in this one particular zone however.

I have tried loading in without addons, but it still does it, and I have ran the repair tool, but its still happening, which has me worried that perhaps something is wrong with my PC/graphics card.

I'm completely clueless when it comes to computers and my partner tends to be the one that *fixes* things, or installs new stuff etc, but he doesn't know why it would be doing this either.

I'm not sure if I should just uninstall and reinstall the whole thing, I'd rather not have to do this if it's not needed and its something else thats causing the issue.

Heres my specs (the ones I know how to get into hehe)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @2.66GHz 2.67 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (2.49 GB usable)
    System: 64-bit Operating System
    Graphics Card : ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2

I am also hardwired internet connection wise (dunno if that makes a difference )

Any help/info would be appreciated as I am little frustrated by these recent happenings! Thanks

Repairing or reinstalling the game sounds like a good idea.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Repairing or reinstalling the game sounds like a good idea.
    Yeah I repaired it but it didn't seem to fix anything, I have been thinking I should just do a reinstall and see before freaking out about it being my PC/Graphics card, Just seems strange that its only happened recently, which made me think perhaps it was on my end rather than the game itself. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you elaborate on the white patches more? Are they persistent or do they go away after a while?

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Could you elaborate on the white patches more? Are they persistent or do they go away after a while?
    They are literally only there for a few seconds, then the actual texture appears, and only occuring sporadically, I'll try getting a screenshot of them, though it doesnt always happen!

Try deleting your Cache folder, this often helps if you've been using the same installation for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly say its old hardware at the root of the problem (my old laptop stutters a bit when I use it for wow (maps loading in sections, terrain loading lag, ect.)) Shutting off all non essential background processes with task manager helps the old core duo's out but might be time to plan a new rig as well. Even a cheap i3 rig i'm yet to encounter the same issue with.

Theres screenshots of the white patches.

Now I just noticed while getting these, that these only seem to appear in such a display when im using the operation shieldwalls quest mount (the quests where you speak to the NPC and she automatically flys you to the quest objective) I don't seem to get them on my own flying mount, or on the flight paths.
    When i get them its also accompanied by quite severe stuttery lag spikes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 03:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    Try deleting your Cache folder, this often helps if you've been using the same installation for a long time.
    I'll give this another try, but I recently (within the last year) did an entire reinstall so its a *fresh* cache so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by slasher0161 View Post
    I would honestly say its old hardware at the root of the problem (my old laptop stutters a bit when I use it for wow (maps loading in sections, terrain loading lag, ect.)) Shutting off all non essential background processes with task manager helps the old core duo's out but might be time to plan a new rig as well. Even a cheap i3 rig i'm yet to encounter the same issue with.
    This is what I've been thinking, the machine is roughly 4 ish years old, and to be honest I had been thinking of buying a new PC, seems that will be sooner rather than later me thinks

Seriously thanks for all the replies guys, the help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post

Theres screenshots of the white patches.

Now I just noticed while getting these, that these only seem to appear in such a display when im using the operation shieldwalls quest mount (the quests where you speak to the NPC and she automatically flys you to the quest objective) I don't seem to get them on my own flying mount, or on the flight paths.
    When i get them its also accompanied by quite severe stuttery lag spikes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 03:44 AM ----------

I'll give this another try, but I recently (within the last year) did an entire reinstall so its a *fresh* cache so to speak.

This is what I've been thinking, the machine is roughly 4 ish years old, and to be honest I had been thinking of buying a new PC, seems that will be sooner rather than later me thinks

Seriously thanks for all the replies guys, the help is appreciated!
    Your systems overall performance is greatly reduced over the years, depending on how the parts have been stressed, it could be a 50% or 30% decrease. Usually if you have an old HDD(3+ years), they can be really fucked up, while some are still running fine without issues. All depends on the individual parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Your systems overall performance is greatly reduced over the years, depending on how the parts have been stressed, it could be a 50% or 30% decrease. Usually if you have an old HDD(3+ years), they can be really fucked up, while some are still running fine without issues. All depends on the individual parts.
    Yeah I've had to replace my HDD (that was within the last year and why I had to do a reinstall back then) but my partner just gave me his old HDD, so its not in the best of nick, I also just replaced the RAM at Christmas too, as one stick of the stuff died on me, My friend thinks it may be a RAM issue, not being able to keep up or something...