Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anathea View Post
    Your stating

Christian God is a Deity
    Every Deity is the christian god

Now that is a logic fail.

But dont worry, it just means your not an atheist.
    That seems to be more what you're stating actually.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    No, it specifically means god-like beings such as the ones described in many religions around the world. A-theist, the opposite of theist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theism

A word that shouldn't really exist, but it does because of the popularity of theism. You don't call yourself aleprechaunist just because you don't believe in leprechauns.
    While i do agree with the second part,
    The word atheist implies that you dont believe in the supernatural with any attributes that could be considered as divine.
    Which is a much broader spectrum than just the omnipotent god.

For example: A Muse is already a deity but just because someone doesn't believe in them he wouldn't call himself an atheist.
    Last edited by mmocb0211ee09b; 2013-01-31 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathea View Post
    While i do agree with the second part,
    The word atheist implies that you dont believe in the supernatural with any attributes that could be considered as divine.
    Which is a much broader spectrum than just the omnipotent god.

For example: A Muse is already a deity but just because someone doesn't believe in them he wouldn't call himself an atheist.
    Okay, so we're just basically arguing about semantics now. So let's end this squabble.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Okay, so we're just basically arguing about semantics now. So let's end this squabble.
    Well yeah the whole Atheism vs Agnostic thing is mostly just semantics
    Last edited by mmocb0211ee09b; 2013-01-31 at 08:25 PM.

Religion because its a never-ending argument

Religion, politics, feminism, or pretty much anything in that arena. I'll only talk about them with my wife because she can actually have a meaningful discussion about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Relationship threads ill never respond to, I like reading the political ones.
    Same here, though I usually stay away from political threads as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion, politics, gun control. Even though I do have an opinion on them, I have nothing to add to the argument that one side hasn't already said a hundred times, and the other side hasn't heard a hundred times. I feel that just posting in one of those threads is opening yourself up to attack by half the thread, without accomplishing a thing. I'm leaving those hornet's nests alone.

Relationships. I have no opinion regarding these.

MLP. Don't hate it, but no interest.

"WoW is dying". I used to respond to these. I've learned better. Put it in the same category as politics and religion.