Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvayra View Post
    What if the souls that "go back into the cosmos" come back into life when a creature is born? are we eating our own reincarnated forms ?

Think of the posibilities, that bacon you are having might be someone you once knew >.>
    That's why a certain varieties of hindus are vegan. They don't want to harm anything that could have been their great aunt.

But seriously this whole thing sounds like starting with belief in reanimation and then applying sciency phrases to it.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baduric View Post
    Heisenberg's theory is not why fusion in our sun works.
    It explains it. Tunneling is a consequence of the Uncertainty Principle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real or not, sounds awesome. I just get kinda confused when he talks about "microtubules" (however you pronounce that) and the whole "quantum" stuff.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    Not taking any sides here, because there is no evidence for either.

Sometimes though, there is no place for a classical model, because things can't be explained in a classical fashion. Like how a sun functions. You can't explain it without knowledge of quantum mechanics. In a classical model, a sun shouldn't even be possible. It's not hot enough to produce fusion. The principle of uncertainty makes the big ball of plasma work though.

Maybe conciousness falls into the same category. I'd like for that to be true, because it would make me feel even more connected to the rest of the universe, to all of existence even.
    The difference here is that while early (classical) solar models were incomplete and couldn't account for the discrepancies between predictions and observations, the addition of quantum mechanics wasn't invoked as a means to bypass conventional solar modeling based on loose philosophical musings. It's possible that a viable explanation of consciousness might not be achieved within classical limitations, but it's not justifiable to invoke a quantum-god-of-the-gaps argument as a starting point as these authors have done.